It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD/ADD

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Im not sure but I will say it right now. If you are taking an anti-depressant medication that has homicidal tendencies as a side effect, you should not own a gun.

I would add that why should a depressed person be trusted with a firearm?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I would suggest to address your sleeping issue. Any method of choice you find. See a doctor, if you want. I decided drinking before bed was the key for me. That may not be your road.

After coming off the psych pills, I was jittery, on edge all day, and etc.. similar to what you are describing. For me, no sleep leads to problems eventually. Everytime, I get in bed, I think of something else I should do before I go to sleep. Not because I need need to, but because I don't want to do it tomorrow.

Now I drink and make myself read this stuff. Sleep hits me right about now.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Honey!!!! I've got like 33 speeding tickets this month...I don't know what the hell is wrong with me!!!?!?! Damn cops!!!

This always works

33 speeding tickets are you mad?
To wife-launder that much you need a much better plan.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Final thought and then sleep.
A Mosin-Nagant M91/30 PU would probably be my first choice if I were looking for a new rifle. I'd have to let off a few rounds to be sure. That'd be an excellent deer rifle.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I usually pop a Vitamin C and Melatonin capsule, and I'll sleep like 10 hours+....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

Final thought and then sleep.
A Mosin-Nagant M91/30 PU would probably be my first choice if I were looking for a new rifle. I'd have to let off a few rounds to be sure. That'd be an excellent deer rifle.

Thanks for your input

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Does vitamin C enhance the effect of melatonin? I have tried melatonin before, had no effect on me at all.

And more on topic, I wonder if insomniacs will be lumped in with the "mentally ill" that should not be able to defend themselves......
edit on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 03:10:08 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Um where and when did he say that?

Was not said from what I read.

Immediately following his speech, the President signed a directive, estimated to entail costs of $500 million, for 23 separate Executive Actions, including 4 initiatives that specifically address mental health issues.

"We will make sure mental health professionals know their options for reporting threats of violence, even as we acknowledge that someone with a mental illness is far more likely to be a victim of violent crime than a perpetrator," said Obama.
Source

This is one quote I found above. Obama wants to also 'remind' health professionals that no federal laws stop them reporting violence risks / asking about guns etc ... Would also point out that no federal law means you have to be honest with a psychiatrist either, so asking someone who is planning violence won't be that effective.

I'd be concerned this may cause a chilling effect also of persons being dishonest with psychiatrists.

MAKE SURE STUDENTS AND YOUNG ADULTS GET TREATMENT FOR
MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES: Three quarters of mental illnesses appear by the
age of 24, yet less than half of children with diagnosable mental health problems
receive treatment. To increase access to mental health services for young people,
we should:
o Provide “Mental Health First Aid” training to help teachers and staff
recognize signs of mental illness in young people and refer them to
treatment.
Source

This is an exert from the white house gun proposals.

Giving out more pills doesn't seem to be a resolution for Americans concerned about their effects and training teachers seems to be a walk straight down that path. In most cases, people seeking psychiatrists advice should be doing it of their own free will, not neccessarily because a teacher says so.

Some mental health advocacy groups like it, but I guess it means injections of money for them perhaps? Certainly won't please parents.

Originally posted by Superhans
The trick was that they made ADD/ADDHD a great crutch for people to use as an excuse. So latter in life they were faced with a dilemma. Surrender crutch or admit that they are "mentally ill". Most people will never surrender their crutch ...

Choose a crutch or a gun, you can't have both.

There are plenty of persons who visit psychiatrists for reasons of self improvement etc ... who are incredibly discreet about it. They won't walk up to you and tell you. The ones that do walk up and tell you obviously stand out because they are attention seeking/crutching; that does not mean everyone with ADD or other issues for example does this.

No 'crutch' no gun would mean the vast majority of soldiers would be rendered unemployed after their first major contact with an enemy. The aviation industry has similar problems with pilots being honest about physical discomfort since they do not want to lose their jobs.

People might just lie and the issue would actually be worse.

Im all for that, if you are on medications that have homicidal tendencies listed as a side effect then you have no place having a gun.

Wouldn't completely disagree. Wouldn't take sleeping pills and ride a motor bike either.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Does vitamin C enhance the effect of melatonin? I have tried melatonin before, had no effect on me at all.

Melatonin is one of those things where it only works if you need it.
If you need it and take it for a few weeks it will stop working when your body adjusts.
You may be like me where your sleep pattern is just off.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Vitamin C produces neurotransmitters, Serotonin, Dopamine, and Norepinephrine...All of which work synergistically with Melatonin in dream and sleep cycles...

1000 mg of Vitamin C

5 mg of Melatonin.

Call me in the morning

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

OK. you win. I hope your life stays normal and adjusted.

Its far from normal, but im not insane if that is what you mean. I am the pinnacle of mental health. I laugh at all those people struggling with their issues. Im on a whole different plateau.

Is that Ted Bundy in your avatar? Because that is what perfectly sane people would use as an avatar, right?

edit on 17/1/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Same reason you people want to have it, to protect yourself from whatever is coming

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
ADHD

my nephew was diagnosed with it a few years back..
ive been watching him when he takes the pills....
grinding his teeth, wont stop talking, eyes darting everywhere.

my 10year old nephew is on some serious drugs,
the same drugs that you take at a dance party or nightclub.

speeding off his face

what the hell is going on with this world?

whatever happened to parenting?
edit on 17-1-2013 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

Everyone on earth has a mental illness...If a Dr. had enough time he could diagnose all 7 billion with something...

Having said that the issue isn't keeping the guns out of the hands of mentally ill people...its letting the government tell you what mentally ill is and who has it...

Because they will then keep the guns out of the hands of everyone by saying everyone has a mental illness...they will monopolize the ownership of firearms to those who AGREE with them because if you don't agree with them you are mentally ill....threat neutralized.

I might make a thread with my thoughts on all this...

Mental illness is their backdoor indirect way of taking guns away from lots and lots of people while at the same time curtailing opposing voices to their propaganda...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

I dunno about those ADD people, my oldest nephew has ADD and he wasn't paying attention to his daughter because of his distractions with video games and she ate a dog turd and the only way he realized it was because it was on her breath.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

whatever happened to parenting?

It's the slow doses of communism we've been getting over the last 50 years from the deepcover cold war ruskies implanted in our government, like Obama. Big Government has a way or turning into communism where the government has all the power and tells you when to eat, sleep, go to school, take a dump, how to raise your kids etc. Gotta wonder how the son of Communist Party of America member Frank Marshall (Obama's real daddy) got into office in the first place. "Less parenting is good", "Slavery is freedom", "Ignorance is power", It's that kind of Orwellian thinking that has gotten us into this mess. Ofcourse if anyone ever bothered to read Orwell's "1984" they'd be ready for you know what.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join