It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD/ADD

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by twfau

I'm quite educated thank-you, but not in the context of gun-control. Is Obama implying people on anti-depressants won't be allowed to own a gun?

For me it does not matter what Obama will do in this example.

I hope everyone on anti-depressants already has friends and family around to disarm them. I never pray, but I will pray they do, too. Just knowing one person who commited suicide by firearm is more than anyone should know.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I find it a bit crazy itself that these terms are grouped in with the mentally ill crowd.

I have both and was diagnosed Bipolar/Manic Depressive 8 yrs ago. I had something traumatic happen and it triggered the bipolar. Yrs of mental/physical abuse can make one break, mentally. I took meds for about 6mths and my levels balanced out. Most would say I'm crazy with that diagnosis but it's just a chemical imbalance in the brain and once it was set right i felt fine.

My brother was labeled ADHD as a kid and they tried to put him on meds and my mom refused them. He was a hyper growing boy! Nothing unusual about that. Today he is extremely calm and the opposite.

I think there are too many labels tossed around today. There is a disorder for everything now a days. It's a bit ridiculous, just like there's a pill for everything. Its like they want all these disorders to have everyone doped up or something.

My daughter,who is now 14 years old and very smart and socially active,was diagnosed with ADHD in first grade.
My wife decided she needed meds.
Now,my wife is a ECE ( exceptional child educator,fancy word for special ed)
I fought it,but she insisted and we went down that road.
It was not working out and eventually my daughter became old enough to refuse the meds.

She is fine now.

We are over medicating our children for the sake of the drug companies making money,the doctors making money and the parents not having to deal with the problem.

How many people do you now that are on some kind of medication or another for what ever ails them?

Medications are not the answer,dealing with the problem is.
Human interaction and exposure to the real natural world.
Time.There are no quick fixes,let it take care of itself.
When I get sick,which is rare,I am forced to go to the doctor to which all they do is prescribe antibiotics.
I don't take them and I'm fine in a few days.

Ban the meds,not the guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I never said they weren't! My point wasn't to question whether they were classified or not, but to say if Obama is going to take guns away from everyone classified as mentally ill, then he'll be taking half the guns away from USA. More than one in ten Americans take anti-depressants, some of them don't even show signs of being depressed!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by twfau
I never said they weren't! My point wasn't to question whether they were classified or not, but to say if Obama is going to take guns away from everyone classified as mentally ill, then he'll be taking half the guns away from USA. More than one in ten Americans take anti-depressants, some of them don't even show signs of being depressed!

Im all for that, if you are on medications that have homicidal tendencies listed as a side effect then you have no place having a gun.
You seem upset. Either come to terms with it or admit that the diagnosis is being used as an excuse for shortcomings.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I was watching and it said, it would be up to the Psychiatrist to report those who they deem to have violent tendencies, so make sure you don't P off your Psychiatrist!!!! that scares me, one person can hold the cards.
In general I can see reporting those who are truly violent, but there are some messed up dr's out there on ego trips.

I only went to one, once, for anxiety disorder, the doctor was listed as a doctor for adults in my insurance book,
but he was a pediatric doctor. He tarted yelling at me rite off the bat, what was I doing there. I am not a kid.
I said you are in my insurance book listed for "ADULTS" ... He copped an attitude, and when he did the questionnaire, was being very rude, at the end of the 20 min, he told me I was bipolar, adhd, who needed serious medications, then he said scratch that, Im listing you as untreatable!!!

I was not rude to this guy, yet he had me in tears, I was so upset, to be talked to the way he did to me. I never went back to him, and never went to another one. That experience freaked me out!!! So this guy could for all I know report me as violent, when honestly hes the one I would be worried about being violent!!! He was nuts. I must have got him on a bad day or he was just plain nuts...

He sent the report to my regular doctor, who laughed real hard, as he has known me my whole life,and knew none of what was on that report was true, and said next time ask him for a recommendation if I want to go see someone to talk to.

Anyway , point being, this can give some scarey people some scarey power.
edit on 16-1-2013 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by twfau

More than one in ten Americans take anti-depressants

I think every single person could technicially have something going on inside that could be classified as a mental illness. The key is how well an individual interacts with their peers, and functions in society.

I'm at an indecision. I don't know if it is the pharmaceutical companies pushingthe government to allow them profit, or if it is the government working to get us all doped into compliance, or both. Some people certainly need medications. Other people do not have a psychiatric condition, but instead a physical condition which causes mental illness. The vast majority, especially children, are experiencing what I think is a normal adaptation process to living in a community of other people. The only thing that has changed, besides bigpharma.gov is the force feeding of violence from the entertainment industry.
edit on 16-1-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I think every single person could technicially have something going on inside that could be classified as a mental illness.

Eh, not really. If it makes you feel better you can believe that but most people are sane and adjusted.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I don't need to feel any better. I've been moved back into the sane and adjusted category. Even if it is not active, there is latent mental illness in everyone. You might be fine and dandy now, but one or two more major life crisis' and you might see the mirrors on the ceiling yourself.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

I don't need to feel any better. I've been moved back into the sane and adjusted category. Even if it is not active, there is latent mental illness in everyone.

No there isn't. That is just something people suffering from mental handicap say to make themselves feel better about their predicament.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

OK. you win. I hope your life stays normal and adjusted.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

OK. you win. I hope your life stays normal and adjusted.

Its far from normal, but im not insane if that is what you mean. I am the pinnacle of mental health. I laugh at all those people struggling with their issues. Im on a whole different plateau.
You will get there someday, I hope.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Its far from normal, but im not insane if that is what you mean. I am the pinnacle of mental health. I laugh at all those people struggling with their issues. Im on a whole different plateau.

I guess you've never read any of my posts on other threads. I've been accused of telling folks to just get over their mental problems. I'm typically callous and insensitive. Most people here probably don't even like me, but I don't care. I know what's going on, and I haven't really felt inclined to tell anybody.

Actually, my only mental defect is that I don't really care about anyone who I don't consider my own. I'm trying change that and take a more sympathetic role in the world. Not just here at ATS. For example, I had never financially supported Christian activities before, but last holiday season, I emptied my pockets to the Salvation Army every time I left a store. I didn't need the money, so I thought it was nice to give it away.

edit on 17-1-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Wow, you are sounding like a total jerk. I would rather hang with a schizo, than a person with the arrogance level you are displaying.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Wow, you are sounding like a total jerk. I would rather hang with a schizo, than a person with the arrogance level you are displaying.

Well you can hunt martians and secret police underneath the tissue box with your schizo friend while I am making money and buying guns with my excess funds. That is your choice to make and I respect that.
I don't need to devolve into name calling to make myself equal to you.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I guess you've never read any of my posts on other threads. I've been accused of telling folks to just get over their mental problems.

Then you know where im coming from, high five me bro.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I never called you a name, I said you are sounding like a jerk. I was merely describing the way you are talking down to people. Have fun making your money, buying guns, laughing at people and trolling I guess.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

while I am making money and buying guns with my excess funds.

Now that's the craziest thing I've heard all week. I've been making money by selling guns.

I can't high five you, bro. I've grown some compassion.
edit on 17-1-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I have this phobia of someone robbing me, or beating me with a baseball bat and not have a gun to protect my self. Does that mean I have a mental illness? Lol

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I have this phobia of someone robbing me, or beating me with a baseball bat and not have a gun to protect my self. Does that mean I have a mental illness? Lol

No, not by itself. It certainly shows that enough people in this this society are mentally ill enough to blindy accept this as reality.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I never called you a name,

Scroll back.. You are a liar.
You called me a total jerk, which makes you a liar.
Now, admit that you are a liar and we will continue.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join