It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whore of Babylon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I was just listening to some Tupac,and was thinking and relating.
We know of a one world government, we know of the evils of this world
people being jailed for their entire lives for rediculus things.. People fighting political wars, the homeless, Young single mothers, all these things still plague us they haven't gone away, Tupac just got killed and stop bringing all these things to the young black males attention.. and the publics attention.

Anyhow my thoughts are, what if the Whore of Babylon is Lady Liberty? or the Goddess of Justice (Lady Justice?) Blindfolded (interesting?) with sword and scales...
blindfolded? maybe signifying she can't ACTUALLY see the truth .. lol

Your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When I was growing up and I had to attend the church of my father, he is a seventh day adventist, I used to get scare of the "Whore of Babylon" in their views they were refering to the Chatolic church corruption.

Now, I don't know if this was the meaning of it I was just a child. Now I realy don't believe on any of it.

And also my father used to refer as the "Whore of Babylon" as the US nation, because other religions will see the US as been the riches nation in the world and his power and influences over other countries.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I agree with your father marg.

the whore of babylon symbolises america

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
it can't simlpy be the US ... thats not fair.. what about the U.S.? what is the truth?
we are supposed to be free... free means no rules.. free means doing what you wish without bothering anyone else.. and being open minded and understanding. We are forced into sickness.. forced into submission.. forced into a story book, a character, not you.
Before the body was the spirit,: The body was made for the spirit..
The spirit is US, the body is our tool. Yet we are so confused. We have been raised without the keys to the doors which we truly seek.
We are lied to and pitted against one another because we are initially confused in our new bodies.. its like a newborn with its body and perfecting their motor functions and speak. We are Physically-Spiritual newborns meaning we know not how to use our Tools to their precision.

Scoff at me... Tell me I'm wrong, I care not. Elevation is the only way. Revolution of the mind will bring revolution of the times. This government bullshot is not the way. The idea of a selected people controlling the rest is purposturous.. even if elect.... who elects the elected? how do they raise up? what are their evils? what have they done to hide their errors?

All the things that are done in the dark will come to light.
^From Gods mouth -to- Jesus' Mouth -to- Tupacs Mouth^
Many people have said it. its true.. it will happen again, but we need to fight for the light but first we must make ourselves immune to their weapons or atleast strategize something. We must Move .. Now.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
and whats that statue in the harbour in new york?? aint that lady liberty, actually a statue of a prostitue?? given by the french??? representing total liberty, NO RULES and WHOREDOM?! Mans reason etc??

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
i thought britney spears was the whore of babylon lol, but seriously, america is not the whore of babylon, america IS babylon or america is the beast itself

To paraphrase revelations "the beast rose from the sea (pacific/atlantic) the beast was attacked and survived (pearl harbour, or 9/11)."
the people were amazed saying "who is like the beast, who can make war with the beast?" and began to worship the beast

Could any county in the world realistically attack/defeat america?-unlikely

Is america worshipped? look at the proliferation of american culture and ideas throughout the world

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
genuine, you make a good point..

What do you suppose we do though?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
put our heads between our legs and kiss our asses goodbye?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
In the Book of Revelation there are used plenty of symbols and metaphors. "A woman" is a symbol for "a church".

The true Church of Jesus Christ is called the Bride and New Jerusalem, that is a pure woman and a sinless city (Rev 21:2).

The corrupt church of this world is called the Harlot and Babylon, that is a dirty woman and a city of sin (Rev 18).

USA is neither a city, nor a church. The Catholic Church is the most proper candidate off being the Whore of Babylon, as it fulfils all of the prophecies regarding the whore. The beast on which the whore sits, is the papacy. The next pope will fulfil the 666 prophecy.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
dnero6911, Justice is blindfolded so she isn't biased and thereby passing fair and equal justice.

And as for, genuineninga, "Is america worshipped? look at the proliferation of american culture and ideas throughout the world". America is in the habit of pushing its ideas and 'culture' on the rest of the world whether it is wanted or not. Perhaps should also consider the ideas and culture of other countries that have made major, positive impacts on the whole world.

America is hardly worshipped by the world, you will find it is more often tolerated, (dare I say) hated and sometimes mildly admired. Americans, if they believe this supposed adoration, have deluded themselves into thinking that the rest of the worships the good ol' US of A. America worships America and some Americans are blinded by that.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
i like your use of inverted commas for american "culture", i have often thought that phrase was a contradiction in terms.

When i implied that america is worshipped, it was in the sense that everyone would love to drive huge cars because they could buy petrol for less money that water, to live in big houses (the working class houses in america are a LOT bigger than those in my country), to be able to say their country had more military might than the rest of the world combined, to be able to eat huge portions of food relatively inexpensively.

I agree with you that America worships America, i find the level of patriotism i see from some americans on television quite disturbing. Almost nazi-germany-esque

top topics

join