It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email from VP Joe Biden-If not now, when?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by xstealth

They aren't assault rifles, the media says they are to feed off the ignorant. They are SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLES, nothing military grade about that.

The AR-15 is a long arm semi automatic rifle.
The m16 is an assault rifle.

what's the difference? besides a few minor cosmetics? The m16 is select fire. That's the difference.

And, my friend, up until sandy hook, the internet referred to the AR-15 as an assault weapon. Argue semantics all you want.

And thank you ladies and gentlemen we actually have a rational and logical person in this discussion!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Thank you Honor, I appreciate it.

I can't imagine the lists I am on lately!

We have a march in Albany on sat. To support the second amendment. It was all done with the blessing of the Albany Police , should be interesting as the mayor is a dem.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

His bill states otherwise though.

You have 1 year to seller get rid of anything that does not meet the new regs.

That is unconstitutional and impossible to enforce.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I really don't want to get in on a peeing contest here, but I can't hold back.

Why in gods name would anyone think limiting the amount of ammunition makes any difference?

There is no guideline for how many bullets you need to defend yourself. And people target practice, compete etc.

Get a grip, my daughter and her boyfriend practice on the weekends. I am so proud she can defend herself because all 4'11" 110 lbs of her ain't to safe in this world.

And yes, there is a difference between military grade and military style/look.

We do not have LEGAL access to military assault rifles in most states I know of. Only ones that look like them, they do not fire the same.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I just do not understand how the government is going to control to main issue of the "black market" for guns. I saw that they will make stricter laws for people selling guns to individuals deemed as un fit to own a gun, but will that really stop people from doing it? I was recently on backpages checking out the sky rocketing prices of ammo, accersories, and ar 15's. If this ban goes thru it is only going to make prices sky rocket. People are already enterprising off this upcoming ban. If it does go thru prices will jump even higher. In a struggling economy it makes it very tempting for indviduals to profit of the sky rocketing prices of everything gun related. I am just wondering how the government plans on stopping this black market for guns? if i bought an AR for $800 and they are fetching up to $2500, makes it pretty tempting to sell it. Of course sell it to a person legally able to own firearms. A 30 round magazine bought for $12 selling for more then $50. Pretty tempting. I know in AZ all you have to ask is if the individual is legally able to own firearms and if they say yes the burden is own them not you. I just feel like these 23 executive orders and a future ban will drive everything gun related to the black market. This just makes that black market grow which in turn makes it easier for people that do want guns for criminal activties to gain access to firearms.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ispyarich

Bingo!

Now try to get gun control nuts to understand that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join