It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets rename AboveTop Secret to " Lets argue about everything anyone posts " !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I would encourage everyone who is a member to visit the debate forum and see how it's done.

Some of the most well respected and knowledgeable members reside there.

Professional, courteous, and full of information for both parties to absorb.

Name a topic and it is probably there.

I try to emulate that level of discussion wherever possible, after all, ones credibility is at stake.

The vast majority of ATS members take no prisoners and have good memories.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I looked in there once...scared me to death. Alot of good info and great reading and I would love to try it...
but Ya'll need a kiddie pool for me before I jumped in those waters

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

LOL - its actually very good. It is common for new comers to be given a wide berth (well it was for me anyway) and there is a lot of encouragement provided via u2u's and on the forum itself. It's run by great Mods and some constant members also set the bar as well.

I would recommend you try it by picking a topic and choosing Pro or Con. You get plenty of time to study and gather info.

It gives you a whole new perspective on how to tackle topics and bring your point across.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Dude, this is a forum. A forum is literally a place were people go to discuss and exchange different views on a particular issue... I fail to see the problem.

Anyone?
edit on 17-1-2013 by AgFox because: spelling

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
What do you want to agree about?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
People are a bit argumentative, some argue for the sake of arguing, but overall this is still the best conspiracy forum, nay BEST FORUM WEBSITE.

Did I just resort to all caps? Not sure if that's happened before, lol. But seriously, trolls will troll, that's what they do, who the hell knows why? It's hard to ignore them, but it is possible, and the mods help with weeding them out. There are some that I think should've been banned long ago, but then again, it's not my place to decide who gets banned and who doesn't, and I'm glad that's the case.

Been here for 2 years now, have almost 500 posts now. I really love this place, and I hope it doesn't get closed down, or taken over by the trolls.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
what the hell has happened to this board?
ive been here four years now and was a ghost for three before that!
it seems to me its nothing but people arguing!

are there any sane minds out there?
why are we so compelled to argue with each other?
will anyone here ever agree?

i worry!

I'm gonna have to disagree with you....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I disagree!

Second.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Discussions and arguments are all fine and well and after all, this is an open discussion forum but I'm annoyed about the rate of "new" topics about the same thing over.. and over... and over.. and over again. I know the gun thing is a big thing across the pond but come on, do we really need 10+ topcis discussing this with all the same arguments in each of them?
Can't users just express their opinion in topics already posted?
Thats just plain boring and annyoing to me and this just buries the real topic gems...
edit on 17/1/2013 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
As a fairly new member here, I was surprised to find the older more popular members keep wanting to have meaningless arguments with me, even when I would like to have a civil *discussion*.

The power of the Star system aye.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I've been around for a long time and the past few months have been really bottom of the barrel on subject matter. People have always argued back and forth, some topics more heated than others, but of late, its gone to a whole new level. Sandy Hook deniers, Gun owners freaking out etc. I don't even want to look at those threads because they are so hot button and their proponents so rabid that there is no possibility of civil discourse. I have to reach deep on the site these days to find a topic where an opposing opinion isn't going to cause and knock down drag out Troll fight.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Aren't conspiracy theories in them self an argument to main stream theory ?

Deny ignorance or creed, to not except false claims, or to argue .

Man has argued for all of existence, that is how you become smarter and sharper. If everyone just gave out there two cents and everyone just said "yeah you have a point, let's keep that to" nothing would ever have gotten better. If it weren't for arguing different races would still be using different bathrooms. it's just something you're going to have to learn to live with confrontation is a part of our DNA.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Arguing is a good thing, otherwise everyone would agree with everything, then.. you... nothing happens..

Trolling, derailing, provoking is a different matter.

Member A: "My god is true god."
Member B: "No its not, how would you know?"

is OK

Member A: "My god is true god."
Member B: "Haha, what a retard"

Is Not.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
IMO i come here for discussion and disagreement, i do not want
a site where there are simply the same convos i have at home or
work or with friends, i come here to read opinions i do not agree
with to see if they can change my mind maybe, some of the
arguing does get old, but on topic stuff is fun.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
As a fairly new member here, I was surprised to find the older more popular members keep wanting to have meaningless arguments with me, even when I would like to have a civil *discussion*.

The power of the Star system aye.

Even they can succumb to good info sometimes.. Don't let he stars scare you lol

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't find much argument here.. All seem to agree. It seems that the board has been hijacked by white supremists Gun Nuts who think Obama is an illegal alien.
edit on 17-1-2013 by sensible1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What's the problem? Are you blind?

A more appropriate observation is that the quality of the majority of people who post and comment on ATS these days have encouraged those who aren't (brain dead) to suggest that ATS' motto should be "promote ignorance."

Our youngest members prove themselves to everyone foolish enough to read through pages of their immature social comments and half-baked ideas only to discover a total lack of education and a complete inability to think.

Anybody with a brain abandoned that crowd long ago, and they are floundering from it, but notice that lemmings and zombies never ask a question... because they can't think and only provide idiot savants level opinions that only matters to their own kind.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Brown Bear because: context and spelling as usual

edit on 17-1-2013 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's good to see some old timers come out of the woodwork.

I've noticed that the people that are arguing the most are the newbies to ATS. It seems like I barley ever see anyone on the boards thats been here longer than me. I've also noticed an uptick in "suspicious" new members that seem to come with an agenda, and then never are heard from again.

I miss the "good old days" when actual research on interesting topics was done. I don't think I can stomach any more gun threads, or alarmist "the country is doomed!" type topics.

As I have said just a bit ago in another topic, we all know the USA has gone to crap. We've already past the point of no return. We know the government wants more power, it always has and always will. There really is no point in going in circles on ATS about what's wrong with our country.

Unless one of you has a decent shot at being POTUS, there really isn't anything anyone here can do to stop what is happening. *sigh* It's depressing, yes -- but at least we have a leg up on the general population. At least we know that it's all going to fall appart.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
While arguing has always been a part of ATS, once in a while an event or time comes along that sends this into overdrive. Thus far I have survived 2 US elections, 2012, various mass murders and a few other events which slip my mind a this time - but this gun control debate has completely done my head in.

What I wouldn't give right now for a good UFO hoax, or to sink my teeth into a new Ancient Civilizations thread.......hell even Bernard Schnitzel would be good for a laugh right now.....I quite enjoy reading whatever he/she/it makes up

edit on 17/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I'm. So. With. You.

Good lord how nice would it be to have some awesome science thread, or maybe a really good "mystery" for us to all help solve!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join