It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready to be silenced? Gun control is catalyst for something bigger.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pathwalker777
reply to post by spearcarrier

You where followed by this group and your phone was taped because you where a outsider and not part of there group. They do this to alloutsiders quick.

Well, I respectfully disagree on at least half of that. I had been living there a while before I went job hunting. If I had wanted to accept a job an hour from my house in the country I could have worked elsewhere, but I used to be in collections (moved to the department by my employer) and once you've been in collections, well, it's near impossible to get out because no one wants to go in in the first place. (You can research the matter if you like. There are articles on the subject, many of which I've read.) So I got a lot of "will you do collections?" to which my answer was a firm no. That job I had was close to my house, reimbursed mileage, and was as close to collections as I was willing to get. And my bosses were alright people. Very nice.

And as far as jobs near my house went - it's a very tiny town and I don't go to church. Period. I was known as "the soldier's wife" and left pretty much alone. I was forced to get a job when the army continuously had an error in my husband's paycheck for more than a year running. Don't get me started on my neighbors and how they reacted to our sudden lack of income. OMG.

Among other things. But from your postings i gather you know all about this now :
BTW you where already targeted before there theater strated. They do the crazy theater to see how you react.

"Crazy theater" I actually experienced in Florida. So I can tell the difference. I also know surveillance from personal experiences. And in this Illinois incident, you could tell what was going on. The police had point blank told me I was being accused of being a terrorist by the perp. When they saw my military ID they stopped talking smack to me, mind you, but the damage had already been done.

Rember they play off of you and because of that you have so much power. U just have to see how to use it. Rember they only learn what you show them. And sure as #### when it starts your homes phones cars are bugged.

Yes, you are right. The best way to handle them and the situation this thread addresses is to stay calm, try to let reason control the tendency to get paranoid about everything, and think things through. Now me, I have a temper and my buttons are pushed easily - but I've been working on it, as aware I am of how they profile you to at least funnel you where they want you by using anger if nothing else.

If I'd had better control of my buttons when I lived in Florida the two times I tried to start an abductee support group wouldn't have ended so quickly.

I saw a lot of things by my house. Disguised military vehicles, closed roads that were on the map but no longer accessible to civilians, etc. I doubt I was the least of their worries. They left me alone after a couple of months - months in which I'd very bemusedly take strange back-roads and out of the way directions to get to my destination just to confuse the white trucks trailing me. :-)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

edit on 21-1-2013 by SwineSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
you look at the history of gun control and executive orders you have to start wondering if history is going to repeat itself yet again.

Oh you can look even farther back than that, at before guns. Like when swords were illegal in Japan and China. Revolutions happened there the same as things are trying to build up now.

The difference between then and now, I often think, is that the governments didn't have the technology to control things the way they do.

People often complain that no one is listening to history and so we are doomed to repeat certain segments of it. But I fear that the wrong people ARE listening to history, and learning from it. Just not in the ways we would like.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022
I just couldn't help but think you hit the nail right on the head, but we need to use our words too, and there is no way we can match them in funding, not to mention resources.

We could always try Ron Paul's tactic as a starter. He kept his campaign on the internet mostly, and he did pretty good on reaching people. But that would only be a start.

It's like the NRA puts out things sometimes and Facebook people will spread it.

Low budget: only a minor problem when you've got the drive to get her done.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by SwineSlayer

It's clear that the MSM and Liberal Agenda seek to paint any and all Conspiracy Theorists, Gun Owners, Conservatives, and anyone else acquiring their ire as being either "mentally ill" or a Domestic Terrorist..both of which would require immediate detainment / confinement upon that supposed recognition

You do realize that half of the conspiracy loving friends that post here at ATS are "liberal" right? Why on earth are you allowing this to be yet another divisive issue, this should be uniting, yet, you fall for the left right crap, again and again.

anyways... no one is confiscating guns, get over it, complain about the things actually taking place.

As for the mentally ill... If you are going to convince me that any of the school shooters were of sound mind and body, I have a bridge to sell you. they were clearly mentually unstable. And that's where it gets murky.

Reportedly the Newtown shooter used his mothers guns. They of course tried to paint her as a gun nut end of the world pepper type person, but this begs a question....

If this woman went in to purchase a gun, how would anybody know she had a mentally unstable kid in drugs who might gain access to the weapon?

See, I'm all for regulation and restrictions, but right here, I'd have to say even the new proposed measures would have failed to do anything.

now lets take it to the logical argument, if someone at the school was armed, they might have stopped the kid. Sure, might have. Or, maybe he kills them, and instantly gains access to another weapon.

guns don't solve gun violence.

Maybe you guys are right, maybe this is a catalyst. Then again, maybe you've all lost touch with reality, assuming moderate gun control laws are the only thing stopping your government from going rouge and tyrannical.

Why is reducing magazine size from 10 to 7 rounds an issue? Why is expanding the ability to share background check data between states and agencies a bad thing? Why would allowing the ATF to enforce laws already on the books, be bad for you?

See, you all fall back to "gonna take my guns" but clearly that isn't the case, so what exactly are you worried about?

i'll tell you this much, someone willing to say on record they'll shoot at whoever comes to try to take their guns away, well, to me, they are the poster child for gun control laws.

Do you really believe the things you say?

To say that "no one is confiscating guns" is malarky. It's being proposed in legislatures all across the country. By DEMOCRATS. They're making legal weapons illegal and ordering registration. Do you think the police will not attempt to seize "illegal" guns? It's happening right NOW! Yet you're saying "Nothing to see here, go back to sleep, people."

You admit yourself that Adam Lanza"s mother was painted as a "gun nut" and "prepper" in the media...yet you wont admit to "liberal" reporting and suggest that everyone should unite together under the banner of fear and complacency to the tune of things that REALLY haven't happened yet. You then continue to fearmonger suggesting that no one knows who might get their hands on a privately owned firearm.

The issue with the 7 round clips is that they don't exist thereby making guns illegal to own!!!

The argument that the second amendment to the constitution, supreme law of our land, should be subverted because some might choose to uphold and exercise their rights provided to them by it is ludicrous. These gun laws are overtly ILLEGAL.

You're right about one thing; "gun violence" doesn't solve "gun violence"...and neither does disarming the American people.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

I agree so much with what you say.

There is something about this that so much resembles previous events.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianFlanders
reply to post by Tecumte

Actually, I always thought the "microchip" thing was a bit too obvious. As dumbed down as the US population is, I think they would recognize it if it was actually some kind of mandatory implant.

And frankly, they don't have to physically implant something in your body for something like this to work. They just have to get a "chip" into something that might as well be implanted. The cell phone.

Microchipping unwilling people is still a ways off, microchipping willing people is gaining ground though, Verichip and systems that can utilize such tracking/scanning are being used on things like GPS bracelets. It's being edged in for things like Alzheimers patients, being discussed for possible military use and being promoted in ads and PR campaigns. Yes, it's still a ways off getting people to accept it under the skin, and as you say cell phones are usefull for what you describe but not eevryone carries one, other people can carry and use your cell phone, and one can turn it off and shield it when wanted. I think as we see (possibly) guns being greatly restricted, the surveillance state will grow to step in to fill the gap with all sorts of Orwellian technology. How soon this all happens probably has alot to do with how quickly the American people have their self defense options limited.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

Microchipping unwilling people is still a ways off, microchipping willing people is gaining ground though, Verichip and systems that can utilize such tracking/scanning are being used on things like GPS bracelets. It's being edged in for things like Alzheimers patients, being discussed for possible military use and being promoted in ads and PR campaigns. Yes, it's still a ways off getting people to accept it under the skin, and as you say cell phones are usefull for what you describe but not eevryone carries one, other people can carry and use your cell phone, and one can turn it off and shield it when wanted. I think as we see (possibly) guns being greatly restricted, the surveillance state will grow to step in to fill the gap with all sorts of Orwellian technology. How soon this all happens probably has alot to do with how quickly the American people have their self defense options limited.

Well, we are kind of limited by our imaginations at the moment. It's likely there will be technology that comes up that we are not necessarily expecting that might make it much easier for them to do this in a way that people wouldn't necessarily recognize.

I mean, frankly, all they really have to do is get a chip on your body somewhere. It doesn't have to be an implant. It just needs to be something you are unlikely to spend much time without. And again, the cell phone is a very likely candidate for that. No. Not everyone has one but most people do. And that's probably only going to increase as the number of tasks these things do increases. And most people don't get very far from their cell phone for any real length of time. Even when they sleep, it goes right by the bed. Some people do loan their phones out for short periods but now that people are starting to store a lot of personal information on their phones, I would think people are less likely to want even close friends to be able to go through it.

Most people are only as tech savvy as they need to be. They can do all kinds of things with their "smart phones" but if you ask them how the thing works they'll look at you like you just sprouted an extra arm from your chest. It would be easy as pie for people who know what they're doing to hide some extra chips or code in something that sophisticated. And the way technology is going, there's no telling what they'll be able to do with such a device. Even from a few feet away.
edit on 21-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

This actually has me wondering about the implant vs. microchip situation. I had an implant in my hand for a while; it was an obnoxious little thing. So I've always just taken it for granted that most people have implants whether they know it or not.

My husband doesn't have any microchips nor implants that we know of, although we both have heard of soldiers that were forced to take one - mostly vets with PTSD. I just asked him and he says the only ones he's ever heard of are the canine identification ones.

So gotta wonder. I know that all new cars off the lot have a built in gps system - not necessarily by Onstar - and can be shut off if it is deemed necessary. I always found that an interesting development to come out so soon after the Cash for Clunkers program and the subsequent news about how there was a shortage of used cars for people to buy.

But these are probably just more symptoms in the big control wheel. The gun control issue is only a small part of it, I think - and isn't that big of a matter when you think about it. I still remember from my childhood about the small farm out west that declared itself a sovereign nation that was overrun by tanks. A couple of little guys, some rifles, and a wooden fence fighting back against an entire military unit. It was all over the news.

So taking our guns away seems to me as a good distraction but us having guns isn't that big of a deal if we ever decided to stand and fight. It serves to keep us divided, though. Quite well.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I just saw this in the Chicago Tribune.

A kid went to the doctor for a tonsil operation. They asked the parents to step out of the room. The doctor then quizzed the kid about their life.

One question asked was if his parents had guns in the house. According to the article, this question is becoming the standard of care and is now being recommended to all doctors.

(I would post a link but the Chicago Tribune is now requires payment to read articles.)

The theory is they want to ask the question so they can discuss gun safety. That's a bad excuse because if gun safety was a priority they would discuss it regardless of the answer. A kid can have access at a friends of relatives home.

This really starts to open the door for doctors to ask all sorts of personal questions about the parents. I can see them start to ask kids if their parents express any negative attitudes towards the police of government.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianFlanders

Originally posted by Tecumte

Well, we are kind of limited by our imaginations at the moment. It's likely there will be technology that comes up that we are not necessarily expecting that might make it much easier for them to do this in a way that people wouldn't necessarily recognize.

I mean, frankly, all they really have to do is get a chip on your body somewhere. It doesn't have to be an implant. It just needs to be something you are unlikely to spend much time without. And again, the cell phone is a very likely candidate for that. No. Not everyone has one but most people do. And that's probably only going to increase as the number of tasks these things do increases. And most people don't get very far from their cell phone for any real length of time. Even when they sleep, it goes right by the bed. Some people do loan their phones out for short periods but now that people are starting to store a lot of personal information on their phones, I would think people are less likely to want even close friends to be able to go through it.

Most people are only as tech savvy as they need to be. They can do all kinds of things with their "smart phones" but if you ask them how the thing works they'll look at you like you just sprouted an extra arm from your chest. It would be easy as pie for people who know what they're doing to hide some extra chips or code in something that sophisticated. And the way technology is going, there's no telling what they'll be able to do with such a device. Even from a few feet away.
edit on 21-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

www.slate.com...

Just another brick in the wall.

Two San Antonio schools have joined others in Houston and Austin in requiring students to wear cards with radio-frequency identification (RFID) chips embedded in them, allowing administrators to track their whereabouts on campus.

edit on 23-1-2013 by Tecumte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hi, I am new here but not new to conspiracy theories.
I totally believe Sandy Hook was designed to be the final nail in the coffin to convince Americans to sacrifice the right to bear arms for the greater good and safety of our country, particularly the kids. If it wasn't a hoax, it sure was a convenient gift that fell in the lap of a 2nd amendment hating President.
When I say "hoax", I mean that it really happened but not in the way we have been told it happened.
Anyway, yes, the 2nd amendment is under attack so that we can't fight authority when it oversteps its bounds. I do not personally own a gun, and have never cared anything about owning one until recent events in my neighborhood and the seeming agenda the president has to take them away. I guess I am like a child, if you say I can't or shouldn't have it, then I am determined to get it.
I agree with the poster of this topic, the agenda to get the guns is setting the stage for something big.
Whether the gov't is planning the "something big" or is in knowledge of something big that is coming that may force people into using weapons, I am not sure. But I bet it isn't far off, because they have sure have kicked it into high gear to take care of the gun issue.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

They call themselves Operation Terror, and many of the movement's adherents appear to have ties to the so-called 9-11 truthers who have long held that the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, were an inside job by the George W. Bush administration.

Their theories on the Dec. 14 shooting in Sandy Hook appear to lack any basis in fact, reality or common sense. But Google Trends suggests the movement is gaining momentum with both a Florida college professor and a libertarian Fox News anchor in Cincinnati questioning the official narrative on the events.

OMG, as I've said before who writes this stuff???, is Rove still on he payroll???, lol, "Operation Terror": oooohhhh, ok, and connected to anyone who realizes the MSMs conspiracy theories are often the LEAST likely. c'mon this looks like a convenient hit piece. (What's up with this?)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

That's the point, the new gun control laws themselves are really a big deal. Yet the govt has done it in such a fashion that has really upset and irritated a large percentage of the populace.

There are some things I agree with.

1. Gun control to some extent isn't a bad thing.

2. Preventing severely mentally ill people from harming others is important.

That being said, the issue is not gun control measures but merely how they are portraying the gun toting crowd and also how they are slowly painting even the slightest discontent in society as a mental illness and then liking mental illness to terrorism and potential mass murder.

And then they go light a fire under everyone's ass to prove a point (for example the pissed off gun clubs and anyone who thinks that things are getting out of hand).

the general populace, the ones who sip the koolaid will start to view anyone who isn't with them as a potential problem that needs to be removed from society. They will demand it so they can remain safe.

Exactly! Good to see someone gets "it". Phishy tried to deride me for mentioning The Liberal Agenda and then went on to directly support it with his/her dogma-filled delusions. And that's what concerns me most about TLA...the fact they demonize anyone that thinks or believes differently than they do. They do not seem to have any tolerance (allowance?) for opposing ideologies and when one rears it's head, they immediately begin the defamation of the person presenting it.

Common sense alone should tell people that one, it should be "hard" to obtain guns to start with and two, NO mentally ill person should have them but that's where the TLA begins their absurdities. They claim that ANY and ALL gun owners (responsible, law-abiding ones at that) are all "mentally ill, paranoid, ________" solely because they fail to grasp the danger to us all and as you said, have drank the koolaid. This is not merely about Guns and banning them, there are much larger issues at hand here and if we permit the removal of Guns despite stats not being factually supported, despite The Constitution., despite the People's Will then what are we going to try to ban/remove tomorrow? Free Speech? FOIA? Blue eyes?
edit on 28-1-2013 by SwineSlayer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join