It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready to be silenced? Gun control is catalyst for something bigger.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Spitting image of today with everything except the aliens. Although if everything else fits perfectly maybe the alien part is true too

Good fun watch if you want to see Jon Carpenters prophetic vision of today including a character much like Alex Jones.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
While reading this topic I thought why now? "they" had the first 4 years of obama in which "they" could have done this.
so, i thought, what has recently changed? and then hit me the timing of all this fits in nicely with obamacare.
Without thinking about it too deeply ,I thought, it would be very easy for the government to have the obamacare doctors railroad people by declaring them to be mentally ill, thereby making them ineligible to own a firearm.
They had to wait until obamacare made it past the SCOTUS and was firmly in place.

having their own doctors would tie up the one loose end in the plan, they will control the entire process from start to finish.
trying to depend on private doctors would be too unreliable so they need to have a whole group of doctors under their control and they needed to make sure that people would go to see these doctors.

I wouldn`t be surprised if they expand obamacare to force more people into it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

I happen to be one of those Christians who believes we are seeing 'end times' (the Revelation of the Bible kind) being played out daily but that doesn't make me crazy, insane, or mentally unstable. That is the problem with allowing our politicians to label who is unfit and who is fit. If you didn't vote properly or aren't of a liberal persuasion does that make you unstable? I fear anyone that gives our ruling class (who by the way work FOR us not US for them) the ability to class me as insane or mentally disturbed because my 'views' don't agree with their views. We are a nation of many people and many cultures and one shoe won't fit all. I don't want my doctor to give out my personal information and he has no business asking me what I have at home much less whether my home has guns. How many more liberties are we willing to give us in the name of freedom before we find ourselves in chains with no way out? Is this what we want for our future generations? Do we want our grandchildren wondering what it was like to have grown up in our time and not having to show papers to leave your home? No freedom to just get in your car and drive as far as you like; a state or two or three if you feel like it? Where does it stop? Gun control is a big thing. If we let them have our guns the battle will be over and we will be slaves and deservedly so.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyoutlaw

I agree!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
S n F. There is definitely something going on here. The way they are trying to take away people's guns is creepy IMO. This, and the fact that they are trying to target Americans, with drones. That is a scary combination. Disarming the citizens has always been the first priority of fascist governments all over the world.

And don't even get me started on Jones. The guy had one chance and he blew it. The SOB blew it. Now anyone opposing this twisted version of gun regulation is gonna be painted a hate mongering, gun tottering conspiracy nut.

I don't believe in taking away everybody's guns but all that said, I do believe that schizophrenics, immensely paranoid people, people suffering from extreme depression, people who have a history of unstable/dangerous behavior, shouldn't be allowed to have guns. They're a threat to the people around them, and themselves.

But the way the government is moving about all this is really concerning.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Maybe they are taking away the guns so when the ufos come..people dont mass shooting at them. Who knows. Certainly is something going on.

I don't think I'd go that far. Personally, I think it has something to do with the economic landslide that may be imminent. Think of it this way, if you were in charge of a country that was about to collapse would you want a bunch of angry citizens to be armed to the teeth? The first thing they will do is crash down the doors and go after those in charge.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Gun control is catalyst for something bigger?
Absolutely, let's hope so. I think America is a nation traumatized by its own history, a PTSD that has been handed down from family to family since the time of Revolution. That period in history was far less romantic and glorious than is remembered today. It must have been about as base as humanity can get and regular folk were in the midst of it. I think the whole world suffers from this actually and perhaps the "Something Bigger" is change. This move should not be a cry for revolution but perhaps, EVOLUTION.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Truffles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
Good to see someone finally make a thread and see the bigger picture.

How can not one raise an eyebrow over the gun grab with NDAA, NDRP and the extension of the Patriot Act being singed within the past few years? I know these bills are said over and over again, but what happened to the Japanese Americans in the 40's is basically now legalized by NDAA.

More of our "civil liberties" are being taken away. Are we moving towards an Orwellian nightmare? Was Orwell off only by 20 years? Folks unless something happens, unless the people start to rise against this Tyrannical take over, what do you think is going to happen?

I don't want to sound like an Alex Jones fear mongerer, but when you look at the history of gun control and executive orders you have to start wondering if history is going to repeat itself yet again.

The only thing I can think of for peaceful revolution would be billboards and large group meetings where we talk bills like NDAA and NDRP. I honestly don't think an armed revolution could happen. Or maybe it can, but when you have millions of people actually supporting this Orwellian nightmare because they view Government as a father figure or a "big brother" it's going to be one heck of a ride.

Well anyway /end rant

Yes, and that ride just got a little scarier.Obama is gathering his helpers and beginning a campaign across America. A tax-free campaign that I started a thread on because it infuriated me. When I read your words

"The only thing I can think of for peaceful revolution would be billboards and large group meetings where we talk bills like NDAA and NDRP. I honestly don't think an armed revolution could happen. Or maybe it can, but when you have millions of people actually supporting this Orwellian nightmare because they view Government as a father figure or a "big brother" it's going to be one heck of a ride.

I just couldn't help but think you hit the nail right on the head, but we need to use our words too, and there is no way we can match them in funding, not to mention resources.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PeaceNLove123

And don't even get me started on Jones. The guy had one chance and he blew it. The SOB blew it. Now anyone opposing this twisted version of gun regulation is gonna be painted a hate mongering, gun tottering conspiracy nut.

And I think that was the goal!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Brief statement of opinion:

1. Government knows of impending financial collapse at an unforeseen (but expected soon) date.
2. Government buys appx. 1 billion rounds of anti-personnel ammo.
3. Gov't gets a call from Germany (and others); Those callers ask for their gold to be repatriated.
4. After #ting themselves, the fiscal controllers of that government go into crisis-reaction mode. They deliberate the most realistic method of mitigating the certain unrest (and the ensuing popular coup). They search the records of focus groups held in the past; during times of similar crisis. With a deadline looming, they hastefully decide that an aggressive putsch to remove as many firearms from the American populace is the best chance to diminish the expected resistance to a federal response to the chaos. Despite endemic resistance, the federalists aggressively market their agenda.

5. All hell breaks loose

6. Surpassing expectations, The American People surprise the world... A continental revolution only claims a thousand or two lives...

7. 4 or 5 new nations are born.

The end.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

While I agree that guns shouldn't be given to the crazy , the scary part is the reporting aspect of things which surely will lead to ordinary citizens being detained or being denied the sale of an firearm just because they may appear as socially awkward.

Ironic... dumb people still can't see the snare that permits these things to happen. Don't you realize that the mental health department has always been an arm of oppression. It has been used to violated undesirables rights throughout history. Anyone can be labeled a nut in their medical records to have their voice and rights ignored regardless if the claim is true or not. People were fine with that as long as it didn't effect them.
People like you are ok when rights are removed from "certain" people even though they have never committed a crime but are labeled negatively and without merit by the system (which can only be done by willing public servants) and that's the snare that will come back to bite people (looks like soon too).

Now you are the crazy . *shrugs so by your own words, you don't need to have commit a crime to lose your rights. Because the way you think can and will be considered crazy. See how that works.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I feel like the world is becoming a horror movie. Is it just me or is even ATS getting hard to follow these days, is it an extension of whats going on in the world?

I feel like everything is becoming so disconnected and layered I'm almost losing interest in life, knowledge, learning etc.

What the hell happened at Sandy Hook? Seems there are psychopathic entities pulling off the creepiest acts right in from of our face and we're doing nothing about it, and our complacency towards the matter is yuck, everything is just gross right now...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't get this. Why all conspiracies about taking your precious guns away means you will be silenced. The facts are innocent people ( including children ) have been murdered. People need to get a grip if you think things don't need to change about gun laws and the people aloud to own them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
While reading this topic I thought why now? "they" had the first 4 years of obama in which "they" could have done this.
so, i thought, what has recently changed? and then hit me the timing of all this fits in nicely with obamacare.
Without thinking about it too deeply ,I thought, it would be very easy for the government to have the obamacare doctors railroad people by declaring them to be mentally ill, thereby making them ineligible to own a firearm.
They had to wait until obamacare made it past the SCOTUS and was firmly in place.

Not just ineligible to own a firearm. It occurs to me that they can tie up a whole lot of loose ends by just having people declared to be "unstable and potentially dangerous". Like the terror suspects, these would be people who need to be watched. If they can justify violating your Second Amendment rights because of this, they can justify violating ANY of your rights on this predicate alone.

This would seem to mean they CAN violate something like the Fourth Amendment, too. They will use this as an excuse to have a peak into your private life to see if they can find any reasons to have you declared to be "unstable" or some such.

This is what they have been saying: "The only way we can stop this violence is to identify these people before they do something bad"

And it means just what it sounds like it means. But people are not thinking. Because you can't identify every possible threat unless you know everything about everyone. Unless you have a massive database and you can feed all that data into a smart computer with artificial intelligence and tell it what to look for.

Where do you think all this data will come from? It will be all the data that people typically think of as their private information.

I think many of us have been thinking too narrow in thinking they just want our guns. It's more than that. I think that (like 9/11) this is another golden key for them that opens many doors that were previously closed. There wasn't supposed to be a key for the government to open the door that lets them disregard any of your civil liberties. "Shall not be infringed" was meant to be as definite as it sounds. But they started making keys when they realized public opinion was only thing that was guarding this door.
edit on 18-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: Because I always make mistakes

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

There are many possible scenarios, like in Science Fiction literature... Some are dark futurism, some not...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
so, if i hear this right...all mentally ill, deeply depressed, or paranoid people, regardless of their afliction, should be allowed to buy and own AR15's, with as many multiple bullet clips, and as many rounds as they want, and they cannot be known to any government agency, or LEO. have i got that right?

Pretty much everybody gets depressed some times. But more importantly and to the point-- the diagnostic criteria for many "mental illnesses" are so broad that a very large segment of the population would qualify as having one "psychological disorder" or another.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KristinLynnxo

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by KristinLynnxo

If anything you could say govt is paranoid and therefore mentally ill. Shall we round them up? Lol no guns for them either.

lol true!
I think alot of them are more advanced than mentally ill...they are Psychopaths!

Some Psychopathic Symptoms:

Unreliability
Frequent lying
Deceitful and manipulative behavior (either goal-oriented or for the delight of the act itself)
Lack of remorse or shame
Poor judgment and failure to learn by experience
Incapacity for love
Loss of insight
Unresponsiveness in personal relations
A frequent need for excitement
An inflated self-worth
An ability to rationalize their behavior
A need for complete power
A need to dominate others
No emotion

Yep.... it's official

I can't tell if that's more funny, or scary.

Maybe it's a good thing for the govt that a government isn't classified as a "person" in the same way a corporation is.

On that note... btw, if a corporation has personhood, why can't we petition to have a psychopathic corporation (which could be dangerous in some way) involuntarily "committed?"

If anyone knows a really good lawyer, have them look into this.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
. So its safe to say that the idea of conspiracy theorists being jerks and mental illness connected with mass killings is starting to make its rounds in the general public.

That's because a large group of conspiracy theorists ARE acting like jerks and mental illness IS connected with these mass shootings. You can't blame the media for manufacturing that.

I've heard no prominent voices in the conspiracy theory community come forward and say "hey, guys, let's just hold on a minute. If it turns out these kids really are dead and the parents aren't actors then we're doing incredible damage to the reputation of anyone who ever questions an official narrative in the future."

1- Believing that Sandy Hook was a false flag, or was somehow manipulated to push an agenda DOES NOT equate to believing in "crisis actors." Please stop perpetuating this notion. (I am addressing both the quoted member, and all people reading this.)

A lot of people believe there is a conspiracy involving the Sandy Hook incident, and fully believe and agree that innocent people died that day.

2- Even the people who are pushing the "crisis actors" scenario are not, in my opinion, damaging the reputation or credibility of these people who are the objects of speculation, as you suggest. If such an idea is "so crazy" and such a majority of the public would disagree with it, that does not equate to any significant loss of reputation for those accused. It means they lost their rep with some extreme fringe conspiracy theorists. I don't think too many in the "normal world" would lose sleep or cry over that. I could be wrong there.

3- I have heard that supposedly some "conspiracy theorists" are allegedly contacting, harassing, and/or threatening a couple people related to the incident. That guy who found the kids in his yard, ,and the other guy whose license plate came up on a scanner-- whose name I can't mention. Now first of all, if OP's theory is correct, maybe this supposed harassment didn't even take place, or was embellished?

Note that I said maybe. I'm sure there is a person or two out there capable of doing something like that. And again, if OP's theory is correct, maybe they're being harassed by government agents posing as conspiracy theorists.

4- What if.... just what if... this was a kind of set-up... in the respect that, regardless of what really happened with this tragedy, if the media purposely misconstrued or muddied a lot of facts in order to get the "conspiracy theorists" talking?

Even better-- what if some of the "Crisis Actor" speculation came from agents, posing as conspiracy theorists in order to get an ugly and dangerous ball rolling, and maybe to perpetuate it?

Perhaps we, as a community, should heavily scrutinize anyone who is heavily pushing the "Actors" scenario. And absolutely, certainly we should ostracize anyone who crosses the line and attempts to contact these people in the real world... be that for harassment or questioning. None of us should be crossing that line, and none of us should be tolerating "members of the community" who cross that line. Let's kind of "police" ourselves, so the government can't make the excuse that they need to.
edit on 18-1-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

That movie rocks!
It has the longest and most realistic fight scene I have ever scene in an action flick...my childhood lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't understand. Why must I speak my views? Why must my ideas be spoken in public? Why do I have to speak my thoughts aloud? No one can silence me, because I keep my real thoughts to myself and believe what I believe without any need to convince anyone else that what I believe is true.

So, how do I change the world? By example. I can only make a real change in the world by being a living example of the right way to live. Everything else is just more preaching.

So, in truth, I can never be silenced. Because I remain silent and live my life as a shining example for others...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join