It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready to be silenced? Gun control is catalyst for something bigger.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

This is an excellent point.

If the sheeple consistently allow ourselves to be manipulated every time theres a tragedy, this will only serve as an incentive for more tragedies.

Doesnt matter if the event is real or staged.

Governments will stage events because its an effective way to influence the masses (have been doing it for decades), copy cats will recreate the events because its an effective way to generate fear and publicity.

The unPatriot Act was written years before 9/11.

edit on 17-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
so, if i hear this right...all mentally ill, deeply depressed, or paranoid people, regardless of their afliction, should be allowed to buy and own AR15's, with as many multiple bullet clips, and as many rounds as they want, and they cannot be known to any government agency, or LEO. have i got that right?

No. You don't have it right at all. Try again.

I'll give you a hint.

This is about seeing a trend for the potential expansion of the definition of "mental illness" to eventually include anyone who doubts the media machine, questions the government, or who owns firearms.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
so, if i hear this right...all mentally ill, deeply depressed, or paranoid people, regardless of their afliction, should be allowed to buy and own AR15's, with as many multiple bullet clips, and as many rounds as they want, and they cannot be known to any government agency, or LEO. have i got that right?

You heard wrong. People who made direct threats or were violent do not get to own guns.

If you are ill and you make a direct threat real threat of violence against a person, you will be held in a hospital until you are no longer a threat.

If you are so ill you can not understand your actions, right now you will be placed under some type of guardianship and have someone responsible monitor you and approve what you do.

What these laws are trying to change is create a mental illness list based on some vague pre-crime analysis.

It's a pretty dangerous step for the government to take - remove rights without a jury trial based based on what a few politicians decide might lead to future crime.

Politicians are now free to decide what THEY think is crazy behavior and remove constitutional rights. These are going to be used against the left and the right.

Union supporters, anti-union supporters, environmentalists, people who don't believe in global warming, pro-choice, pro-life = ALL HAVE BEEN CALLED CRAZY

Mentally ill people are less likely to commit crimes, so why should they be singled out. Should we go after people involved in recent break-ups? How about certain religions?

If I can prove blacks have a higher rate of violence, can they be put on a list too? Would that be ok with you? What's the difference between race and an illness?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1plusXisto7billion
2 + 2 will NEVER = 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all I have to say about that.

On a side note, very nice post.

see my signature, and listen to this tune, not only did they get this right, using the little girl watching tv = indoctrination , they also tell you one and one makes three, same as 2+2 =5.
these fella's ROCK! i wonder if they knew something back then in 1988.

I exploit you, still you love me
I tell you one and one makes three
I'm the cult of personality

heres a link for the lyrics to the whole song.Cult Of Personality

edit on 17-1-2013 by JdSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
salam

your thread gives a mind view like I have proposed here , The question always is "what should be done?"

I call it pressure pot strategy. Here are the steps :

1- They have put American people in the pot after 9/11. TSA was a clear sign that they are creating a pot while inducing "you need us. we are protecting you"

2- They are now putting the lid on the pressure pot by disarming people.

3- In the third step they will turn on the oven. There will be fire and there will be blood.

4- in the 4th step , they will open the lid suddenly. So every thing will be exploding in the kitchen. Every damage is possible.

BTW , the results are he same. Another war and invasion. Like Satan always get the same result with different ways.

Like what happened to Germany.

Hope that I'm wrong.

edit on 17-1-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Who will be giving the definition of mentally ill? Wikipedia?
Good. Let them bring out the "mentally ill" charges. Then, we can start convicting those, past and present, that have caused wars and destruction. You have to be MENTALLY RETARDED to kill innocent children, be they "American" or "Iraqian".

BTW....what happened to the "War on Terror"? And, uuuuuh, what about the "war on poverty" and the "war on drugs"? Have TPTB moved on to the next war? The "War on Mental Illness"?

You can only push people, so far....before they begin pushing back. That's HUMAN NATURE! That's a right we all have and why it's best to give people their respectful space. Unless of course, they want us to "lose it"!

Isn't anyone else getting tired of being pushed around, by other "human beings" that think they are the "kings of the jungle" because they have a certain "status"; and wear brand name suits? They DO NOTHING and get everything; while we work hard for VERY little?

Yeah, maybe we are 'mentally ill'. Either that, or jus' plain ole STUPID!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I may read "A Clockwork Orange" again.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It's been said but you really could have done this thread without mentioning Alex Jones. I've said it many times, I don't agree with everything AJ says, but he does a lot more to bring out "the real story" than anyone else here.

If AJ is a paid agent as some claim here, he's creating a lot of blowback.

Other than, good post.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

My friend was worried about her longtime boyfriend being mentally ill. He agreed to go and get checked out. They released him saying that he wasn't a threat to himself or others. Within one week he shot her and then killed himself. Thats all I've got to say about that. Self explanatory.

BTW: I was against guns for awhile after that. I guess from the initial shock and sadness of loosing a dear friend. I am VERY pro-gun now.
Many people are still in shock from Sandy Hook and all the shootings and horrors that have been going on. That is where the support for Obama is coming from. That is why the fast action to get rid of guns. After awhile when heads start to clear, hopfully they will realize that the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. I wish they would focus more on security at the schools because no matter what the bad guys will always get their hands on guns.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Nice job OP looking at the BIG PICTURE.

It must mean that after years of work (and basement dwelling) "they" are getting scared because we are stepping on their heals, we are watching the watchers so closely these days that they are ****-ing golden bricks.

Keep it up my fellow Conspiracy Theorists!!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

They are beginning to use our own resources against us. All to silence the only voice speaking out against agendas or questioning the official record. We played right into their hand. Well played powers that be, well played. We should all be very careful going forward.

Going forward........how very corporate. In fact, the Aussie PM would be proud.

The powers that be use the tools at their disposal and propaganda has always been a winner. The internet is just another tool like tv or radio. If you really want to be subversive, try face to face contact. Ie Actually talking to people and word of mouth. Then you cannot be misconstrued. Well...maybe but not as often.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Good to see someone finally make a thread and see the bigger picture.

How can not one raise an eyebrow over the gun grab with NDAA, NDRP and the extension of the Patriot Act being singed within the past few years? I know these bills are said over and over again, but what happened to the Japanese Americans in the 40's is basically now legalized by NDAA.

More of our "civil liberties" are being taken away. Are we moving towards an Orwellian nightmare? Was Orwell off only by 20 years? Folks unless something happens, unless the people start to rise against this Tyrannical take over, what do you think is going to happen?

I don't want to sound like an Alex Jones fear mongerer, but when you look at the history of gun control and executive orders you have to start wondering if history is going to repeat itself yet again.

The only thing I can think of for peaceful revolution would be billboards and large group meetings where we talk bills like NDAA and NDRP. I honestly don't think an armed revolution could happen. Or maybe it can, but when you have millions of people actually supporting this Orwellian nightmare because they view Government as a father figure or a "big brother" it's going to be one heck of a ride.

Well anyway /end rant

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
. So its safe to say that the idea of conspiracy theorists being jerks and mental illness connected with mass killings is starting to make its rounds in the general public.

That's because a large group of conspiracy theorists ARE acting like jerks and mental illness IS connected with these mass shootings. You can't blame the media for manufacturing that.

I've heard no prominent voices in the conspiracy theory community come forward and say "hey, guys, let's just hold on a minute. If it turns out these kids really are dead and the parents aren't actors then we're doing incredible damage to the reputation of anyone who ever questions an official narrative in the future."

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

They call themselves Operation Terror, and many of the movement's adherents appear to have ties to the so-called 9-11 truthers who have long held that the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, were an inside job by the George W. Bush administration.

news.ca.msn.com...

Did anybody else notice that this is absolutely a lie? There is no movement or group calling itself "Operation Terror"; that is simply the name of a fictional independent film about 9/11 being an inside job. Google it if you need to. It is outrageous and manipulative of this writer to say this. "Operation Terror". Seriously.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is the salem witch hunt of our generation..

Reasons like these and many more to come is why i keep a class c RV in my garage ready to go when all hell breaks loose.. good luck to you all

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
After the Russian Revolution the Reds had opponents who did not believe in the communist ideology declared "mentally ill" and sent off to the gulags (russian concentration camps).

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
**ALERT** It is important that all of you read this thread to fully understand the implications. It is NOT JUST ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I too noticed the potentially unusual MSM interest in the conspiracy theories, as well as their straw-man method of "debunking" them.

I personally have heard very little about a group called "Operation Terror" and would hope to not be included in such a group simply by visiting ATS and seeking answers to questions that investigative journalism ought to have answered, and more importantly, wanted to answer themselves. A less pessimistic side of me might be willing to believe that MSM is only posting these articles because they know how bad they look with the shoddy reporting done on Sandy Hook.

The more pessimistic side of me sees some legitimacy in OP's point. Reminds me a bit of articles I read explaining that Anon hacktivists were really just social outcasts potentially suffering from Aspergers. At that time, 4chan users were largely lumped by the media in with Anon and the hacktivism. Could be seeing the same thing here in mentions of ATS et al.

Here's something interesting to lend to the references to mental health initiatives, Obamacare, etc:
en.wikipedia.org...

Here we see that the DSM is being updated for the first time since 2009. Interesting changes include:
-Major Depression Disorder can now be diagnosed just 2 weeks after a major loss, ie a loved one
-New Diagnoses for "Complex PTSD" (like PTSD but apparently resulting from long-term low-dose trauma), "Depressive Personality Disorder" (Worrying, gloominess, and general cheerlessness), and "Passive Agressive Personality Disorder" (Half my family could probably be diagnosed with this)
-Aspergers apparently no longer exists and will henceforth be known simply as mild autism
-Hypersexual disorder can now be diagnosed based on frequent masturbation
-Oppositional defiant disorder can now be diagnosed in children over 5 who are oppositional once per week

Could mean nothing at all, but googling "DSM 5 problems" led me to a number of articles about potential over-diagnosing of the general population and a few interesting tidbits about the APA completely ignoring reasonable input and review and pushing this revision through.

I really hope all of this means nothing, and some of us are just seeing connections because we're looking for them. I really hope so.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

law-abiding American, at the first indication that the thugs are coming, call a trusted friend who will start a call chain for an immediate, armed response. Have them block the exits/roads so the armed criminals can not leave with anyone in custody.
The people that carry out the illegal order will be committing a crime while armed. Deal with them as you would anyone trying to kidnap a friend. We will far outnumber any thugs they send. And we will have them surrounded. Stop them.
Each individual in law enforcement and the National Guard, you have a decision to make. Let us know what’s coming if you can.
The 2nd Amendment was put in place for the threat we now face.

Tyranny of the majority can not be tolerated.
I AM A LAW-ABIDING CITIZEN

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes, all "crazy" people can have guns, and they'll get them the same way the criminals do.

All of this "gun banning" talk is going to make the black market for guns and ammo go balistic (pardon the pun), just like prohibition did with alcohol, and the "drug war" did with illicit drugs....

Come to think of it, maybe the gov't needs a new source of revenue and will "be" the black market for guns.

We'll have some new millionaires.....Just like Joe Kennedy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join