It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Sandy Hook Massacre Spawned Conspiracy Theories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I'm not a Conspiracy Theorist
I am a Governmental Narrative Non-believer.
(that's a GEE double ENN for all you un-hip folk out there)

Now thats fantastic. I may have to start using that one.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by weavty1
Could've SWORN that any/all new threads regarding Sandy Hook would be locked and/or deleted, from here on out...

Or not?

Only those that don't have groupthink or staff approval will be locked or deleted.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Pardon my ignorance, what's "groupthink?"

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an incorrect or deviant decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative ideas or viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences. Loyalty to the group requires individuals to avoid raising controversial issues or alternative solutions, and there is loss of individual creativity, uniqueness and independent thinking. The dysfunctional group dynamics of the "ingroup" produces an "illusion of invulnerability" (an inflated certainty that the right decision has been made). Thus the "ingroup" significantly overrates their own abilities in decision-making, and significantly underates the abilities of their opponents (the "outgroup").

Groupthink

You might also want to look up "consensus reality".

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

That was never said, nor does it have anything to do with this thread. if you want to whine about the fact that you arent allowed to post people's personal information online (which is, essentially, what got all of those threads banned), please, take it up with a mod. Dont clutter up this thread, that you obviously havent even read. If you had, you would know that it isnt even directly about Sandy hook.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

That was never said, nor does it have anything to do with this thread. if you want to whine about the fact that you arent allowed to post people's personal information online (which is, essentially, what got all of those threads banned), please, take it up with a mod. Dont clutter up this thread, that you obviously havent even read. If you had, you would know that it isnt even directly about Sandy hook.

I didn't mention Sandy Hook, and intentionally so. Because I DID read the OP. There are other topics here we aren't allowed to discuss you know. Staff has made that clear, and I (usually) agree with their reasoning behind it. Groupthink on the other hand, I don't agree with. Even my own.

On topic: It wouldn't matter what the conspiracy theorists said, or how reasonable their questions sounded. The right arm of the government has learned since 9/11, that CT's are a force to be reckoned with, and manipulated. It is the latter that bothers me the most.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I agree with what most of what you just said, except one thing. I think we are seeing how easily manipulated conspiracy theorists truly are.

Throw a few absolutely baseless, fringe theories into the mix with something like SH. Watch the theorists snowball them to the point where they are stated as fact. Then use that exact ammunition to make conspiracy theorists look foolish.

I truly do believe, and Im sure some people are sick of seeing me type this, but I do believe we are all being played.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There is no way this is not a conspiracy. This, port Arthur, V-tech, all have the same set-up

1) A mentally disturbed person with |legally registered| weapons

2) The mentally disturbed person, who has never had any combat experience or any serious training manages to attain accuracy and efficiency that combat hardened troops would fail too achieve. - the shooter then always either surrenders or commits suicide after the rampage.

3) Rehearsed response by the media and government.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

You are off topic. Id appreciate it if this thread was turned into another thread about what may or may not have happened that day. There are plenty of those out there.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

On this I think we can agree. Some(too many) are easily manipulated. At the same time...

"The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists. The American mind simply has not come to a realization of the evil which has been introduced into our midst. It rejects even the assumption that human creatures could espouse a philosophy which must ultimately destroy all that is good and decent." J. Edgar Hoover

Hoover didn't say that just for kicks. I believe he was closer to the truth than even he knew.

S&F BTW.

edit on 1/16/2013 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
As to the question of why Sandy Hook massacre spawned conspiracy theories? Its the same as always, at the time of the event they feed us full of inaccurate facts in a attempt to stop us from picking up the remote. Then when we question why? We get nothing but crickets in response. The best thing they could do is go back and tell us what happened that so many facts got crossed up, and back them facts up with unrefutable evidence. The problem with most is that they have lost much if not all of their credibility at this point.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Why Sandy Hook Massacre Spawned Conspiracy Theories?

the main stream media needs to 'man up' about this one and admit that their shoddy [and seldom used] journalistic skills had much to do with the madness.

or, as another member has said, that was their plan all along!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

It's what happens every night about 6:00 in living rooms all over America, when the herd tunes into the latest fit for herd consumption wild fairy tales and conspiracy theories spewing out of the Orwellian idiot box by overpaid (and usually overdressed) actors.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I truly do believe, and Im sure some people are sick of seeing me type this, but I do believe we are all being played

Couldn't agree more.

The trick is to find Waldo in an ever changing maze of distorions, exaggerations, manipulations and downright lies, introduced specifically to keep one from finding---Waldo.

They have the game down to an art form and the resources to keep the maze never ending.

We have one simple thing though they don't Imo. A simple desire for the truth.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Maddog5595

It almost like conspiracy theories were/are becoming somewhat excepted as a sort of news, 15 years ago if you even mentioned anything "out side the box" in a public place such as around the break room table at work you would be shunned. Now its more common place, and I feel they are trying to shove said thinkers back in their hole away from public view.
Agreed, although, as has already been pointed out, I could see it going even further than that. Imagine being able to be prosecuted for investigating a conspiracy theory.

A very terrifying thought. I already felt nervous discussing these things with my friends via the internet.
They are going to make thinking a crime. They don't want us to think.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join