It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian court sentences Christian family to 15 years for converting from Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
-snip-
Being sent to prison for any religious belief, Christian, Muslim, or otherwise, is a travesty.
-snip-

edit on 16-1-2013 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

You're right, it is. Prison sentences for believing in fairy tales is just wrong as it is too expensive. Why sentence a child for buying childish tales?

Sterilization is plenty good enough, how many more gullible sheeple does the world need? NONE! We'll be thinning the population w/o even having to kill anyone!

Derek

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
I'm sorry, but are you really trying to compare the sad and unfortunate condition of human nature towards social religious prejudice, to being sent for prison for 15 years?
I'm not seeing your connection here.
Being sent to prison for any religious belief, Christian, Muslim, or otherwise, is a travesty.
For human beings to have a natural suspicion towards Islam in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 is not.
Being ostracized for your religious affiliation is one thing, but going to prison for it is quite another.
People get beheaded in the Middle East for converting to Christianity.
I don't know of any Muslims losing their noggin' over here for their choice of faith.

But way to jump on the trendy Christian-hater bandwagon, I guess. Apparently it's the new coolest thing. (Christian, hating is no new thing. A large portion of the world has always expressed a distaste towards them, yes I will admit happily that it seems more and more people are waking up to the vile, hypocrites that are christians. It is not how ever a "NEW" Trend. )
edit on 16-1-2013 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

Ah so being suspicious of an Entire Religious group after 9/11 is okay, but being crude or suspicious of christians, after a outspoken christian nation like the US rolled through and bombed several middle eastern countries is different???

How do you know this is the whole story to begin with? It's all silly #, and I have a hard time believing either side of these media fanatics.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Hijinx because: Christian hater band wagon.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by stupid girl

I'm comparing the US practice of locking up Muslim's for being supposed terrorists for over 11yrs in Guatanamo Bay, to the unfortunate detention of Christians in Egypt.

Sorry but how can you compare an unfortunate case of Christians copping a 15 yr jail term to alleged terrorists in gitmo?

We as a nation have come to the assumption that Muslims are terrorists, a nd no matter what you say there is no way you can argue that the word Muslim doesn't mean terrorist in probably 90% of all American's minds.

Give me a break..
edit on 16-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Over there, the alleged terrorists are of white, christian decent. They view the west as the terrorists.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

hey there..Stupidgirl....well put , so I don't have to post ....thanks for putting it so perfectly......
you Texas women sure are smart..Common sense is sooooo sexy...

edit on 16-1-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Islam is a religion that has very low tolerance of people who don't like it.

And ZERO tolerance for Christians,

That's not true AFAIK - mostly they have plenty of tolerance for Christians - as long as you were never a moslem, don't preach, and dont' display a cross anywhere.

A lot of violence to x-ians in moslem countries comes after accusations of preaching or converting.

and especially for those who convert from Islam to any other faith.

Yes - it isthe conversion that is the problem - regardless of what faith it is to.

15 years isn't too bad, most Islamic countries would have beheaded them in public.

Indeed - that I definitely agree with.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by DarknStormy

Over there, the alleged terrorists are of white, christian decent. They view the west as the terrorists.

I can see what your saying, but these christians haven't been jailed for terrorism, they have been jailed for converting. How can we compare them to alleged extremists? Its not as if they were planning a suicide bombing or something..
edit on 16-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

I'm comparing the US practice of locking up Muslim's for being supposed terrorists for over 11yrs in Guatanamo Bay, to the unfortunate detention of Christians in Egypt.

We as a nation have come to the assumption that Muslims are terrorists, a nd no matter what you say there is no way you can argue that the word Muslim doesn't mean terrorist in probably 90% of all American's minds.

If a million Muslims protest and call for the beheading of non believers, and attack embassies and destroy buildings, kill innocent people and rage all over the place then we are told that those guys are not representative of islam, and it's largely a cultural mindset, not religious, that motivates them.

As in, it's not islam, it's the culture.

Yet, when people are arrested for being alleged terrorists, you're quite happy to say "It's because they're muslim." - quite happy to ignore anything else.

You know, given the current trend in the news, you could argue that a cartoon of mohammod wearing a bomb in his turban, is as accurate as a picture of uncle sam hoarding bags of guns behind his back.

It's just a sign that familiarity breeds contempt. And everyone is familiar with middle eastern terrorism.

ESPECIALLY PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

before you point the finger at western countries.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Heck thats sad but yea there may be a hidden meaning
to ot all.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Egypt has some very bad things going on, with the PTB dark side take over.

Murder of Sinners and Cannibalism now being taught to kids in new Egyptian high school books?

This guy is outraged! He says: "when they teach them this kind of stuff, their minds cannot accept civilization anymore.

So they instead talk to us about edicts issued by the dead.....of old times.....from 1000 years ago.

And they force it upon us, or else we won't be considered as Muslims....

He then goes on to describe this text book for 3rd high school that tells that is OK to murder those who don't pray or who are infidels, and even grill and eat them.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Obama is sending arms to Egypt to this criminally insane satanic brutal sharia group. And the real people, don't want any of this, the majority want to be civilized normal people living in our times.

And no one cares. We don't stop the corrupt governments and Corporations they serve who are doing this, sending in these mercenaries.

We need to stand up for the people there, and stand by them and help them to be free and stop our leaders from doing this.

The horrible things happening need to be stopped. Are people ever going to stand up for each other?

We have the gift, of freedom, and we're suppoed to be shining that gift to the world, and holding up the torch of liberty, and passing that baton, like the Olympic torch, but we drop it all and sit passively.

We don't need to fight physically. We need to shout and say NO and never obey them. Not vote them in. Not ever agree with them.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Have you ever considered that all this "Illuminati" stuff is just a huge inside joke by really rich people? You seem pretty new to ATS (like most people these days). Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and an inside joke a joke.

Cool creepy avatar btw!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Sorry but I dis-agree with your reasoning!

just because one is of a different Faith to you, it doesn't mean they should be sent to prison!!

WOw.... this is the 21st Century and still we have this mindset of people and religions!!

I'm not a fan of any Religion (although I do look toward the Stars and believe that something is out there), it would be great if Religion was actually left out of the equation... especially those 2 Religions! They are the cause of many problems which have passed and many problems to come....

edit on 17-1-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Have you ever considered that all this "Illuminati" stuff is just a huge inside joke by really rich people? You seem pretty new to ATS (like most people these days). Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and an inside joke a joke.

Of course...

But the evidence is FAR too massive, it's not even evidence, it's irrefutable proof.

The laws of probability have PROVED that to be completely impossible.

The Bible relates how the Illuminati was established and it tells how it has worked.

The prophecies in the bible have been 100% accurate and it is scientifically IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to have fulfilled them by chance.

Were talking odds WAY beyond 1 in 10 to the 157 power.

Everything we have been fed by religion, education, science, and media, etc. is centered around DENYING this reality.

We have been "programmed" to believe LIES our entire lives...

Their lies have effectively BLINDED the vast majority of people in the world.

The majority of what most of us believe is a LIE.

Without understanding WHO exactly the Illuminati are and WHAT their agenda and goals are, you are GOING to struggle to make any sense out of all this.

“Nothing is as it appears to be.” ~ Robert Booth Nichols

"We will know that we have succeeded when everything the public believes is false."
- William J. Casey

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This is religion.

This is how it manifests. It's always been this way.

It's not one over the other. It's all of them. This is what happens when groups of people convince themselves they speak for God. Of course there will be division and violence.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I don't think its comparable, Christians do not strap bombs on themselves to kill infidels at best some that professed to be Christians and have power to stop the killing of innocent Muslims do nothing (Christianity is not about killing or forcing religion on others at least that was never been the intended message as I understand it).

Now about Egypt do you realize that the current government is backed by the US and Israel to a point (the best of the possible outcomes for their own interests), this backing is via aid and assist policies, especially in the areas of Economy and the Military. It is not by chance that people are still against the evolution of the situation in their nation it is being forced on them. I agree that there is a risk of things be even worst but if you listen to people in Egypt the vast majority wants a secular government.

I still do not understand the French call to get reprisals targeted at them, the escalation of the Islamic terrorism issue is all due to the US support of these terrorist groups. The French and Europe will be an easier target due to proximity and existing demographics to get hit than the real puppet master, I can only see it as an attempt to impose the same mind-bending logic of control and security at the cost of freedom in Europe.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
To the poster above, yes actually they do, do you not remember the extreme
christians bombing abortion clinics? not only that but this is what allowing
laws based on religion gets you every single time, christians don't tend to
see the parallel because this country has been fighting very hard to maintain
a separation of church and state, we do not want to be put in the same position
that these poor folks face, we need to keep our government secular and fair/equal
for all religious folks and us non religious folks as well.

I do not see how this surprises everyone, all these religions simply cannot
co exist because the major ones claim their god is the only god and are willing
to fight to prove it. if you believe you must spread your religion unto every one then
in the end you will end up forcing it because we don't all want it. and somehow
many have convinced themselves they are correct to the degree that they
see it as good to force laws such as the marriage laws in the US etc. etc. etc.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Looks like Egypt knows how to deal with the Westboro Baptist Church llol

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is one of the reasons why i'm not a fan of Islam. Somehow, this religion has sustained it's grip on the states institutions in Islamic all countries.

In 21 st.century there should really be a clear divide. Law must not be interpreted through ancient religious dogma.

I feel sorry for the people living there...I can imagine the fear

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

To the poster above, yes actually they do, do you not remember the extreme christians bombing abortion clinics?

What, a handful of incidents and hardly any victims?

First world atheist problems..

If you want to point out extremist christians in any significant numbers, I suggest looking at subsaharan Africa.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join