It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora project just a cover up?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Because it's not called Aurora! Look under a different name and you can find a couple things...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

I wasn't just talking about the aircraft. Even the budget line item is hard to find. It's like the name itself was erased.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomer135
BTW, I won't answer any specific questions about classified aircraft except to say that this one is of stealth design, and is painted black as well. From my understanding from some booms today, it did NOT get retired with the 117's in 2008. It's still out there doing it's thing. I'm willing to bet it was over Pakistan during the UBL raid too

I once saw a slightly-bigger-than-and-slightly-different from F-117 from underneath fly out of Mirimar MCAS right over me at the university. I rememberd the shape and looked up the F-117, but it was not quite a match.

edit on 16-1-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

BTW, I won't answer any specific questions about classified aircraft except to say that this one is of stealth design, and is painted black as well. From my understanding from some booms today, it did NOT get retired with the 117's in 2008. It's still out there doing it's thing. I'm willing to bet it was over Pakistan during the UBL raid too
(funny how an entire city looses comm's right before the raid huh?). My guess is that even if they do retire them, they will be kept secret until the technology is outdated. There's too much to lose by letting it fall into the wrong hands. So unless we lose one somewhere, or someone gets a good pic of it, the public will be left guessing about what the F(*& it is!

Great write up boomer!!! I've followed your posts and you are on the mark each time. I cannot reveal anything specific about the UBL raid, other than what you suggested, or said a different way, There were craft over the Pakistani skies that night that have not been revealed to anyone except a specialized unit in Special Forces, very specialized.

I also think most people do not realize the refueling requirements. That requires precision and detailed clearance and knowledge, a highly compartmentalized group of engineers. Good work!!

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The name Aurora was used as the unclassified budget requirements for the B-2 before they were built. Someone saw the line item, said "Oh my god, it's the SR-71 replacement!" and it was off and running. Because you know, they're going to put a deep black project in an unclassified budget listing. Then some odd contrails were sighted, and it took on a life of its own and has been going ever since.

I believe you, and I believe that is exactly what happened. An overt / covert deception.........that's right, look there, there maybe is something there and oops we made a mistake, there is no Aurora, no, no, there is much, much more. Thanks Zaph, I think you nailed that!

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I'll look when I get back to my hovel. I can't open messages from here for some reason.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Very cool thread OP, I've read boomer135 threads too amazing pics he has! My uncle test flew saber jets and also flew f111 in Vietnam (though he doesn't talk about it) ...anyway, boomer135 is right...the other projects are "hidden in plain sight" if you will. I think if the general "public" knew what all we had they would be fascinated/disturbed/angry?

For instance...when humvee convoys travel into a town where known terrorists/insurgents are say in Iraq or Afghanistan, there is almost always an electronic warfare unit accompanying them. Their job is to knock out/disable ALL communications capabilities in the town/village...such as radios, cell phones etc...how they accomplish this, well, that's classified
Which caused the insurgents to develop crude forms of communications such as using flashlights, and other means that aren't electronic. And that's just the ground units.

Imagine if such tech were publicly available. Imagine being able to drive around scrambling all radios, cell phones, and other electronic signals at will...ah the chaos that would cause!

Yep, they have some fantastic toys indeed...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Great thread, i love this stuff....Thanks all..

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I once saw a slightly-bigger-than-and-slightly-different from F-117 from underneath fly out of Mirimar MCAS right over me at the university. I rememberd the shape and looked up the F-117, but it was not quite a match.

edit on 16-1-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

It's actually kind of funny...it's on the internet today. Just the public doesn't know its real. It is different from the 117 in shape and size. It's not as diamondy (if i can make up a word) as the 117. And I would say that it's longer but the wing span is close to the 117

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Great write up boomer!!! I've followed your posts and you are on the mark each time. I cannot reveal anything specific about the UBL raid, other than what you suggested, or said a different way, There were craft over the Pakistani skies that night that have not been revealed to anyone except a specialized unit in Special Forces, very specialized.

I also think most people do not realize the refueling requirements. That requires precision and detailed clearance and knowledge, a highly compartmentalized group of engineers. Good work!!

Peace!! ID

Special forces and a small group of boom operators. lol. But like I said, the best part is the tanker pilots dont have a need to know. Most of the time they won't know when the black ops receivers are behind us, or if its a scheduled F-117. We don't tell them and we certainly don't write it down in our fuel log as the receiver aircraft. It gets a special name after post flight, in the secured command posts log. Boy the stories that book could tell...
edit on 17-1-2013 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

SOAR rocks. So do echoes.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

haha! yes i understand man. Not making fun of ya! There are so many of the same "Triangle" UFO's that are sighted around the world. Who knows what it is. At least for me. People across the pond on a different continent have taken video and even photographed the same object that we are seeing over here in the states and.....i just cant dismiss it. I just dont think its something as simple as a hot air balloon or a blimp. It's something but what, not sure. Military...E.T......something

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pixeldeath
reply to post by XxAcidxBurnxX

So what you are saying that this is intelligence sector and other companies who have funding in this? And is there any documents about this because i can barely find any online relating to aurora project I have seen the YT videos but nothing more.

Could possibly very well be an intelligence sector along with other companies but who knows. Just going based upon what i heard from a military source. Dont quote me please. If you cant find anything (document, visual evidence) online either it wouldnt surprise me. lol

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think there seems to be some merit to the SR-91 Aurora myth. Is it a cover up? Why would a secret plane which is not supposed to exist be effective at covering up anything? I doubt that is the case.
Just read this it's pretty interesting, I think there is probably enough evidence to suggest a hypersonic recon plane exists and is operational.

In 2006, renowned aviation writer Bill Sweetman had stated and derived to a conclusion that, “This evidence of 20 years of examining budget “holes”, unexplained sonic booms, plus the Gibson sighting , helps establish the program’s initial existence. My investigations continue to turn up evidence that suggests current activity. For example, having spent years sifting through military budgets, tracking untraceable dollars and code names, I learned how to sort out where money was going. This year, when I looked at the Air Force operations budget in detail, I found a $9-billion black hole that seems a perfect fit for a project like Aurora.”

www.defenceaviation.com...

As boomer135 has said there is definitely some unknown black aircraft flying around for testing or recon or whatever.
edit on 17-1-2013 by JimTSpock because: spelling

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

We don't tell them and we certainly don't write it down in our fuel log as the receiver aircraft. It gets a special name after post flight, in the secured command posts log. Boy the stories that book could tell

Originally posted by Bedlam

SOAR rocks. So do echoes.

Well you want to talk about hiding in plain sight........and as you said Boomer, there are things on the internet that are in plain sight. "WHEN" they want this craft to be seen, you can be sure, they have replacements already 20-30 years ahead of These Beauties from LM

As an example: here is a long range bomber by LM

Peace!! ID

edit on 17-1-2013 by ItDepends because: grammitical

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There was an interesting poster published that had all kinds of aircraft on it (I forget if it was Boeing or Lockmart), but two of the planes on it didn't exist, and no one had ever seen before.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Could someone put up some links to likely aircraft, links of stuff in the public domain obviously, I wouldn't want anyone to be spreading secret stuff, well I would, but I enjoy sleeping safely in my bed.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Hey Rob see my link above ^^^^^^^^^

Here is a B2-A Bomber, sending a hello!!

Peace!! ID

edit on 17-1-2013 by ItDepends because: added bomber

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

There was an interesting poster published that had all kinds of aircraft on it (I forget if it was Boeing or Lockmart), but two of the planes on it didn't exist, and no one had ever seen before.

Hey Zaph, yup, I may have seen it. As you probably know, some of those pics/illustrations are concept prototypes, but never put into production, but then, they have posted some very similar ones, but, the capabilities, such as propulsion, stealth are obviously not revealed. But I agree, sometimes the stuff is in plain view.

Peace!! ID

edit on 17-1-2013 by ItDepends because: spelling

edit on 17-1-2013 by ItDepends because: sentence restructure

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

lol, yep, well sometimes i just don't know how much to say or actually how to word it....lol. That log book probably does tell an interesting story, what i find interesting is how they keep track of all the acronyms they use, but its on the computer somewhere......for sure.

Peace!! ID

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join