It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama admits "All all assault on Liberty" gun ban!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"What's for breakfast?"

The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

Nevermore

Also, in case you people hadn't noticed, suggestions of harm regarding a standing president m

I don't mean to sound paranoid even tho I am . But can you be sure this member is legit ? No need for a response. Just say'in. Someone like that could cause the worst.
edit on 17-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by antar

And it has already been pointed out, is a fake quote.

Your wrong Nixie. Here is the link
www.washingtonpost.com... -605528f6b712_story_4.html
Here is Mr Obama's quote," This will be difficult. There will be pundits and politicians and special interest lobbyists publicly warning of a tyrannical all- out assault on liberty, not because that’s true, but because they want to gin up fear or higher ratings or revenue for themselves. And behind the scenes, they’ll do everything they can to block any commonsense reform and make sure nothing changes whatsoever. "
Still don’t get it?
Let me roll it to you this way.
If I said, Bob dislikes all eggs, not because that's true, but because he's a real vegetarian.
Therefore, it is true, Bob is a real vegetarian, who doesn't like eggs.

Politicians are going to tell you that , not because that’s true, but because they want to gin up fear or higher ratings or revenue for themselves. Therefore, it is true, Politicians want to increase the fear, because there is a tyrannical all- out assault on liberty!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
People on this site, and the vast majority of gun supporters, are acting ignorant and childish.

Indeed we should just accept that the government knows best of course and not consider that in the course of human history all tyrants have one thing in common either before or as soon as they take power...

Ban, register, regulate and control who has firearms.

Something about not knowing history and being doomed to repeat it comes to mind.

I consider the POTUS to be acting childish by reacting emotionally rather than logically to problem solving. None of the measures proposed would have prevented these recent shootings. He is completely ignoring facts.

There is a direct correlation in the US between the crime rate and comprehensive gun control. It is the opposite of what he wants to do. The areas in the US with the highest rates of violent crime (with or without firearms) have the most stringent and restrictive gun laws. The areas with open and or liberal concealed carry laws have less crime.

In fact across the US gun ownership is increasing and crime is decreasing.

Yet some little kids die which is tragic but hardly a national call to action (more than 20 kids die every day at the hands of their own parents through neglect or physical violence) and he can't even let the last funeral be conducted before he sets out to ban assault weapons...although come to find out one was likely not even used in the commission of the crime. If we can save just one life he shouts... Well, # if that is the goal ban poor parenting and make a national registry for who should be allowed to procreate.

Even in D.C. a city that had a high crime rate and the most restrictive gun laws in the nation saw a marked drop in the crime rate after the SCOTUS ruled they had to allow citizens the right to own a firearm.

If you really can't see the Orwellian pieces coming together here almost a little too perfectly I feel a little sad for you. How anyone could not suspect that this was all prepared and waiting for the right circumstance to feed the fire.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
there is something very wrong with your POTUS. when a speech he makes takes over 3 forum pages just to understand what it meant.

who even talks like that?
he is so far from the common man, so far out of touch from reality

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Very interesting way to interpret it.

On the face of it, it looks like he saying they would say so for personal gain knowing it to be untrue, but it could very well mean their motivation is personal gain and not to convey the truth of the statement (indirectly admitting to the truth of the statement).

To all those claiming the OP is failing to comprehend the simple reading of the statement, here is another statement analogous for reference.

X will say he hates Obama because he is a progressive, not because that is true, but because Obama is black.

The claim is that the motivation for X saying so is not necessarily the truth of the statement (that statement doesn't challenge it, indirectly admitting to its truth), but because Obama is black.

Excellent OP

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
there is something very wrong with your POTUS. when a speech he makes takes over 3 forum pages just to understand what it meant.

who even talks like that?
he is so far from the common man, so far out of touch from reality

yeah, it doesn't indicate somethings wrong with the people on the forums....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Here is the summary:

Here are the main objectives of the President's plan:

1. Close background check loopholes to keep guns out of dangerous hands;

2. Ban military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines;

3. Make schools safer; and

4. Increase access to mental health services.

www.shakesville.com...

A full transcript of the President's and Vice President's remarks is available here.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

I'm cool with everything but number 2, and the fact that doctors can pry more into your life.

And it's number 2 on that list that will determine if we live in tyranny, or live with freedom.
edit on 1/16/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

Yes, everyone should have military-style assault rifles, it's you're god given right!!!

You people are so messed up with your freakin 2nd amendment, I genuinely feel sorry and pity you for living in a society that feels it needs military-style assault rifles for civilian use.

You make me sick America...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by Ghost375
People on this site, and the vast majority of gun supporters, are acting ignorant and childish.

Indeed we should just accept that the government knows best of course and not consider that in the course of human history all tyrants have one thing in common either before or as soon as they take power...

I consider the POTUS to be acting childish by reacting emotionally rather than logically to problem solving.

That's not what I was saying at all...way to just ignore the content of my post.

The POTUS tried to have discussions with congressmen about this topic. And they immediately started whining and crying bloody murder, like the people on this forum.

There was absolutely no discussion from pro-gun advocates about why we need Assault rifles. They went straight into baby mode.
This is a fact. pro-gun advocates went straight to crying when people started talking about if some form of gun control was necessary. They refused to debate at all, and went straight to yelling out "Dictator!" like they've been doing for the past 4 years.
These are facts.

Whether you want or don't want guns, is an opinion. But the pro-gun advocates are acting like babies. you explain why your opinion is right, you don't call people stupid or tyrants or whatever when you don't agree with them.
And I'm pro-gun too! I'm just pro-rationality, and whining and raising up a big crying circus when people don't agree with you, is not something I will support.

Explain why you're right, don't resort to crying out "Tyrant!" when people don't agree with you.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

There was absolutely no discussion from pro-gun advocates about why we need Assault rifles. They went straight into baby mode. This is a fact. pro-gun advocates went straight to crying when people started talking about if some form of gun control was necessary. They refused to debate at all, and went straight to yelling out "Dictator!" like they've been doing for the past 4 years. These are facts.

Oh.. Its a fact huh? So you were actually there and witnessed all of this or are you getting your facts from media spin and hearsay?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Look, we participate here because we all love fringe news for the hope of something new that .. may not be true, but just could be .. all of us have this hope for some amazing thing to happen .. but things like this aren't THAT ...

This is paranoia and fear mongering at it's best.. and mind you, it's not new.. it's BEEN going on forever... the problem is we have either repeat offenders who are convinced and keep trying to sway people that the end of their ability to own weapons is near, or that if that comet didn't kill us, surely the next one.. or the one after .. This has been going on since the inception of ATS ..and even before ATS was born.. in usenet.. forums... in private conversation and books... old faded VHS .. most of the content in ALL of those combined.. has turned out to be nothing near fact.

So while it pains me that people think the site is all about inventing conspiracy theory, I don't think it is ... I think ultimately it appreciates fact and evidence more than it does anything else... lets hope reason is included as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerLogic

Originally posted by eXia7

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Here is the summary:

Here are the main objectives of the President's plan:

1. Close background check loopholes to keep guns out of dangerous hands;

2. Ban military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines;

3. Make schools safer; and

4. Increase access to mental health services.

www.shakesville.com...

A full transcript of the President's and Vice President's remarks is available here.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

I'm cool with everything but number 2, and the fact that doctors can pry more into your life.

And it's number 2 on that list that will determine if we live in tyranny, or live with freedom.
edit on 1/16/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

Yes, everyone should have military-style assault rifles, it's you're god given right!!!

You people are so messed up with your freakin 2nd amendment, I genuinely feel sorry and pity you for living in a society that feels it needs military-style assault rifles for civilian use.

You make me sick America...

America makes you sick, huh? Well, its real simple. Do Not ever come here and feel free to stop meddling in our affairs, thanks.

Just remember, there is a difference between U.S. citizens and that joke that everyone refers to as the U.S. government. We don't like them just as much as you don't.

We(U.S. citizens) are trying to voice our discontent with them (U.S. government) trying to infringe on more of our God given rights, like they have in the past. I, personally, am getting tired of foreigners coming into the discussion and telling us that we are violent psychopaths for trying to keep OUR government in check.

WE are not gonna just roll over on this and take it in the rear end. If you can't understand that, I am sorry.

I know i come off as a jerk, but so do you.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Sir, or madam, i appreciate your reply, but what i said stands true. No one, that is mentally handicapped
Has ever walked into a gun store, that i know of, and filled outout the paperwork,then waiteds the ten days,
And then taken their firearm.
That is unheard of.
But, crazy gangbangers/sociopaths/unstable people have stolen guns/borrowed guns/bought guns from
The black market to kill/rob from innocent human beings. I know this for fact. I have seen it. I have known
Sociopaths. They always get the guns. It's actually really easy, if you ask the right people. Ive meet those
People, they like me. It's easy too get any gun on the Black market. Really easy. You just haves too know
Their language.

Laws mean nothing but to the sheeplethat bow to them and answer too their masters.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

To add too your response, define assault weapon.
That's the scary thing. Anything can bee an assault weapon, giving the right context.

It's really about disarming the Americans, just like they did in England, and in Australia.
The usa ifs the only one left.I'd they can foam the US, then the while world is disarmed.

My question is, what will the global elite do once the world is disarmed????
The USA are the only ones left.....what now? Again, retards don't drive too the store and buy guns,
They can't drive.

Who defines Mendel retardation/instability????

Three government does. We only have freedom in America, because THEY allow us too believe it.
Just like allowing a child tho believe they can fly....it's just a towel around their neck and
A trampoline....

WE have to own up too OUR rights. The slope is slippery, but it's already been traversed.
It really is a crazy world we live in. Good luck brother.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JerkyBeer

this would depend on what you consider 'mentally handicapped', wouldn't it ?

No one, that is mentally handicapped
Has ever walked into a gun store, that i know of, and filled outout the paperwork,then waiteds the ten days,
And then taken their firearm

someone who qualifies for disability from a 'mental handicap' such a Down Syndrome not only has done so, but has also discharged it on an intruder.

also, he leaves the store with his purchase in hand.
he's a CCW permitted, law-abiding citizen who happens to also have a 'mental disorder'.

who are you or Obama to declare this person has no such right ??

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join