It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Amendment was Ratified to Preserve Slavery

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Revisionist history aside....all I have to say is that without the protections of the Second Amendment the we are all subject to being enslaved at the whim of potential tyranny.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostCompletely
Era of the time separation of state and federal government.

Period.

edit on 16-1-2013 by LostCompletely because: (no reason given)

interesting times indeed may god help us all

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Revisionist history aside....all I have to say is that without the protections of the Second Amendment the we are all subject to being enslaved at the whim of potential tyranny.

What does that even mean? Can you describe how this tyranny is going to be effected and what the end result will be?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What I know is that this is my property and I want to use it as I see fit without causing harm to anyone else's property or person.

And you will still be able to do that once new laws are passed. Take a second and go read up on the things being passed/proposed. It might help you find some clarity.

Even if the government wanted to take your guns, it's fiscally and physically impossible for them to do so.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

What does that even mean? Can you describe how this tyranny is going to be effected and what the end result will be?

Well see, someone has these folks all riled up thinking that the instant a gun control measure comes into effect (reducing mag size to 7 rounds from 10 OMFG!) the government shock troops will descend on every house in America, at the same time, storm trooping their way into your home, taking your guns, then shipping you off to a FEMA camp, think holocaust 2.0

Sadly, that's what a lot of people believe, they really do, and it will only take a few of them firing rounds at the police to start off the end of your freedoms.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What I know is that this is my property and I want to use it as I see fit without causing harm to anyone else's property or person.

And you will still be able to do that once new laws are passed. Take a second and go read up on the things being passed/proposed. It might help you find some clarity.

Even if the government wanted to take your guns, it's fiscally and physically impossible for them to do so.
Nothing has been passed yet, and how are we to know what will be in the bill that is finally passed. We were told that we could figure out what was in 'Obamacare' after it was passed.

The New York legislature rushed their bill through so hastily the other night that the proponents of bill didn't even notice that....police officers and active duty military are not exempt from the law! This means that cops will have to put away their 15 round Glocks and carry something that holds 7 rounds or less.

So, with this in mind, you are going to presume to know what will be in a bill that hasn't even been passed yet? When lawmakers themselves don't even know what they are really voting on in the first place???

start off the end of your freedoms.

Like that hasn't already happened. Ever heard about the Patriot Act?

Well see, someone has these folks all riled up thinking that the instant a gun control measure comes into effect (reducing mag size to 7 rounds from 10 OMFG!) the government shock troops will descend on every house in America, at the same time, storm trooping their way into your home, taking your guns

Replace the word guns with drugs.
Can you say that you have never heard of a drug bust? They have TV shows that follow cops around.... showing the storm troopers busting in the doors and tazing people, because they have a substance inside that is illegal. Ever try to kill someone with a packet of heroin? You have to get them to ingest it.

edit on 17-1-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

There is an important distinction to be made between state (lower case s) and State (upper case S). The former is in reference to the individual, sovereign member states, and the later is in reference to the Nation. James Maddison, the "father" of the Constitution was a staunch abolishonist later in his life, once he came to terms with the fact that ALL MEN were endowed by their creator. Proof of this lies in the fact that Maddison was the one who came up with the 3/5 ratio in the 3/5 compromise in the 13th amendment. The 3/5 ratio was an earlier idea of his during the times of the Articles of Confederation. His thought was that if all slaves were counted in the official census, that southern states would have an overwhelming majority in the House of Representatives and slavery would never be abolished, and so as a result of his efforts 3/5 of the slave population were counted, and for the record, the 3/5 of the slaves counted were counted as whole people, not as 3/5 of a person as the progressive revisionist history books would have you believe.

The second amendment was not ratified as a seperate amendment, it was ratified together with the other 9 amendments of the bill of rights. The reason the bill of rights was added to the Constitution was to get the support of Anti-Federalists like George Mason and Patrick Henry in order to ratify the Constitution because Anti-Federalists were affraid that the Constitution and the position of the President would lead to tyranny and another Monarchy. Judging by the current state of our nation, it would appear that they were right. The bill of rights was only writen to put into writing what our forefathers already saw as rights that were self evident... "we hold these truths to be self evident" shows that the rights contained within the bill of rights, as well as other rights not mentioned (9th amendment) existed before government and were common knowledge. They were only put in writing just in case someone came along that didn't see it that way... again it would seem that they were right again.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

I said "Potential"....I will leave it at that.
Study the History of Gun Control.

edit on 17-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

If you get stung by enough mosquitos, you will find another fishin' hole. The US won its independence with squirrel guns and a few pieces of outdated artillery. We irritated the hell out of them with our inferior weapons and they went home.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join