It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Went To The Gun Store To See What I Could Get

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The only thing they had left was 2 shotguns, a 38 and some .45 ammo everything else was gone.

I asked the guy what I had to do to get a rifle, the kind of rifle that looks scary and the government wants to ban. He said everybody else around the state was sold out of those kind but he could put me on their waiting list. It was over 200 people long.

So this is real. People are buying whatever they can and are not hesitating to do so anymore.

I can't imagine why.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cybro

Your a day late and a dollar short if you want to get an evil black rifle. 200 people deep on a waiting list isn't so bad, you might get one in 2016 if they fill every order. I would look locally for a private seller if you are seriously looking to get one any time in the near future.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cybro

I called a "friend" who did reserve a Sig Sauer for me. But it'll probably get lost in a lake or stolen.

Dang.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
What if the whole media manipulation of gun control was actually trying to sheep people into buying firearms to make the BIG GUNS rich!??

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Idk why but this song came to mind:

I think there are several ways to take that one.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ammo restrictions on .22LR and 9mm ammo only one box allowed of .22 and two boxes of 9mm on bulk ammo allowed where i am.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I watched Obama's press conference.

This song went through my head.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cybro

That's pretty much the way it looks around here to. Bass Pro, Academy, the local range, ect...No AR rifles of any kind left, and have been completely gone for about a month. Shotguns are still plentiful. Pistols are almost all gone now to. 2 weeks ago I visited Bass Pro, and more than half of their pistols are gone. Im guessing even more are gone now. A few weeks ago at Academy, I picked up a Beretta M9, and they had a still pretty good selection of pistols. Went there last week, only a few left. My local range still has a good selection of handguns and shotguns.

Ammo is another thing. 7.62x39, .223, ....those calibers have been gone from the shelfs for over a month. 9mm, 40 S&W, those were still plentiful until a week or 2 ago. I cant find 9mm or 40 anywhere. .45 is still around, but is getting low.

As for the waiting period for something like an AR, well, be prepared to wait a very long time. Example: Stag Arms

www.stagarms.com...

A 1 year back order on rifles, and pretty much everything related.

Also, good luck finding magazines for the rifles.

Top Ammo Supplier Sells 3 1/2 Years Worth Of Assault Rifle Magazines In 72 Hours

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

Got the last 2 boxes of ammo for Mossberg 590 at Walmart early this week....they said they haven't a clue when any more would be in. It's been on back order for a bit.

Des

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
They know they cant take our guns. Whos going to take them? The military? I would hope most of them would say forget it and those that do.... well it probably would not end well.
They can pass all the bills they want, it dosnt mean # when your facing 150 million gun owning American's.
They would be stupid to truly go after our guns and if their is one thing they are not, its stupid.

They are manipulating us into buying guns
Just as you said they are sold out state wide
Maybe its helping the economy
Maybe its for another reason
We are being manipulated in a way we cant see
edit on 16-1-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
And the gun manufacturing industry is laughing their asses off alongside the NRA.

"Those fools really believed that Obama is going to take their guns"

As they play in all their money from suckers running out to spend money they don't have (I thought we were still in a recession?)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
What if the whole media manipulation of gun control was actually trying to sheep people into buying firearms to make the BIG GUNS rich!??

That`s an interesting theory take a step further and imagine this:

A revolutionary new weapon has been designed that will make fire arms obsolete ( perhaps a back engineered alien weapon) and will start being produced by gun makers but first they want to sell off all the soon to be worthless obsolete firearms they have in stock.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Handgun magazines are crazy also, im on a waiting list of who knows how long and the guy couldnt give me a date they were coming in. His boss doesnt even know anything and if the new laws will be grandfathered in or not.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybro

The only thing they had left was 2 shotguns, a 38 and some .45 ammo everything else was gone.

I asked the guy what I had to do to get a rifle, the kind of rifle that looks scary and the government wants to ban. He said everybody else around the state was sold out of those kind but he could put me on their waiting list. It was over 200 people long.

So this is real. People are buying whatever they can and are not hesitating to do so anymore.

I can't imagine why.

You live in NY? LOL cause my local gun shops are still FULLY stocked...as is every single Sports shop LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

Restrictions on 22? Is that common. First time I hear of that. Must be running low.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by cybro

Your a day late and a dollar short if you want to get an evil black rifle. 200 people deep on a waiting list isn't so bad, you might get one in 2016 if they fill every order. I would look locally for a private seller if you are seriously looking to get one any time in the near future.

Even if you can find a private seller willing to sell, you're going to get robbed unless it's a friend. People are really taking advantage of the run on guns.

While I'm glad I was able to stock up on my ammo before all this SHTF, I'm sad that all my guns and ammo were lost in a tragic boating accident shortly after.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Again?

...oh...right...again.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Warehouses are running low on stock atleast by me.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GMan420

You know with all these firearms being lost in the sudden rash of boating accidents, I may just invest in some scuba equipment. Would be like looking for Atlantis!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If you know where to look, you could still find things. In the last week I have bought uppers, bolts, barrels, .a lot of 223, complete lower kits. Even two complete uppers just today.

Stripped lowers and AR mags remain unobtanium.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join