It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens on ABC? [VIDEO]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So, a couple of friends and I were watching Jimmy Kimmel on ABC, and this weird thing started to happen, the audio dropped out for a good minute, and a voice began to speak. We could make out a couple of words, such as "guilt", "end", and "this is" as well as some demonic laughing, but we were in complete awe for a good 60 seconds, then we grabbed the cameras and started to record.

This is what we got.

Also, this is my video. And another interesting thing, we live in northern Michigan, near the largest runway in America, plus we're surrounded by a ton of fresh water. This has us, and a lot of friends and family spooked. We've never heard anything like it before.

Any thoughts?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Typical ABC
Why jump straight to the question regarding aliens though? To me it was just an audio technical glitch, I have had it happen to me before on recorded programs

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by s0l4rn1ghtm4r3

We should always jump to this conclusion......Shouldn't we??

Wait, did you ask a question? Oh I already answered that above.....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That was pretty crazy, probably a logical explanation for it, but aliens would definitely be cooler.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickles
Typical ABC
Why jump straight to the question regarding aliens though? To me it was just an audio technical glitch, I have had it happen to me before on recorded programs

Well, mainly because it had an odd sound to the voice, like watching it live sent shivers down my spine. It's not that we automatically believed it was an alien. It could even be somebody with a voice synthesizer.

A lot of strange phrases in it though.

At :37, it sounds like it says, "Can I scare you?", or, "Can I spare you?".

Man, watching it happen live was a bit more eerie than watching it on youtube though.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by s0l4rn1ghtm4r3
So, a couple of friends and I were watching Jimmy Kimmel on ABC, and this weird thing started to happen, the audio dropped out for a good minute, and a voice began to speak. We could make out a couple of words, such as "guilt", "end", and "this is" as well as some demonic laughing, but we were in complete awe for a good 60 seconds, then we grabbed the cameras and started to record.

This is what we got.

Also, this is my video. And another interesting thing, we live in northern Michigan, near the largest runway in America, plus we're surrounded by a ton of fresh water. This has us, and a lot of friends and family spooked. We've never heard anything like it before.

Any thoughts?

www.youtube.com...

sounds more like you've been #ing with the supernatural, and now you got a ghost or whatever trying to scare you...

just my 2 pence

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by doesntmakesense

Originally posted by s0l4rn1ghtm4r3

This is what we got.

Any thoughts?

www.youtube.com...

sounds more like you've been #ing with the supernatural, and now you got a ghost or whatever trying to scare you...

just my 2 pence

No, not at all. I believe in the supernatural, as I have had experiences myself, but we've never had any strange occurrences living at this place and we've been here for over 2 years now.

We certainly didn't mess around with the supernatural. We were just talking and the audio cut out for a minute. I glanced at it and figured whatever, but then the voice started, saying something like "This is [inaudible]," And something with the words, "government" and "guilt".

Very strange indeed.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

All I hear is a possible stuff up in the audio feed. ie your hearing whats going on, on some other channel or signal or possibly hearing something from the control booth from the program "hey jim your elbows on a button damn it!" (was it a live program? im assuming Idol given Seacrest).

Digital TV could have all sorts of things going fruity with it on your end as well compared to the old analog days. Which might account for the audio sounding as it does but thats what happens when you TV is more like your PC these days
personally dont like it.

And you where really able to pick out words from that mess?

I mean did anyone else watching the program in the area hear the same voices? You'd think that would be the first thing you'd try to find out rather than jumping to 'aliens did it'.

edit:- **points to Zarns post bellow** What they said...
edit on 16-1-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It sounds like the audio portion of the broadcast got screwed up (slowed down) is all.

At around 6-7 seconds in, you can hear what appears to be Jimmy cracking a joke with some audience laughter... all in slow motion.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have comcast and if this happen yesterday comcast was screwing up when i was watching tv the other day it was like watching a bad kung fu movie you know when you see their mouth move first then you hear their voices but no aleins

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
It sounds like the audio portion of the broadcast got screwed up (slowed down) is all.

At around 6-7 seconds in, you can hear what appears to be Jimmy cracking a joke with some audience laughter... all in slow motion.

Oddly enough, we had to slow it down and raise the pitch in order for it to be at all audible, rather than speeding it up.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ

All I hear is a possible stuff up in the audio feed. ie your hearing whats going on, on some other channel or signal or possibly hearing something from the control booth from the program "hey jim your elbows on a button damn it!" (was it a live program? im assuming Idol given Seacrest).

Digital TV could have all sorts of things going fruity with it on your end as well compared to the old analog days. Which might account for the audio sounding as it does but thats what happens when you TV is more like your PC these days
personally dont like it.

I mean did anyone else watching the program in the area hear the same voices? You'd think that would be the first thing you'd try to find out rather than jumping to 'aliens did it'.

I didn't say it was necessarily aliens, it just kind of sounded "alien-like". Not to mention, people respond to the word alien, rather than, "some voice".

It was strange is all, glitch or not, there seems to be some odd words in it for it being Jimmy Kimmel, not Idol.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The show is taped correct...anything can happen to the recording from the time it gets recorded and finally sent into the airwaves, aliens...no, human/technological error...yes.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I used to get some severe munches whenever that happened! Of course we never video taped it...
edit on 16-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Either way, I hear someone talking and audience responding with laughter.

Seems like a good fit for the skit being shown.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

So thats your video?
From the "comments section":

Bobby Powell 22 minutes ago
Bulls***. I was watching Kimmel on WBKB-TV11 in Alpena last night and there were no such noises. "A" for effort though, and for trolling ATS with it. LMAO!!!

Agreed. Gotta do better than that to fool us man.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Just speed up the adio a bit to see what is,being said and I bet you it is the programme you were watching but at the wrong audio speed, nothing else....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

So thats your video?
From the "comments section":

Bobby Powell 22 minutes ago
Bulls***. I was watching Kimmel on WBKB-TV11 in Alpena last night and there were no such noises. "A" for effort though, and for trolling ATS with it. LMAO!!!

Agreed. Gotta do better than that to fool us man.

Ah no, that was someone else, claiming they didn't have the same glitch. The video is mine, and the response to this comment was mine. This is real footage I recorded, with absolutely nothing done to it.

And to the others saying to speed it up, we've done that, it's even more inaudible. You have to slow it down and raise the pitch and its a bit better.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I would also like to add one more thing. We've had this same setup for a while now, and have never heard any "glitch" like this. If the video messes up, so does the audio, and vic versa. They work in unison, it just doesn't have one work, and the other glitch out.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ

personally dont like it.

I HATE that we were forced to go to digital T.V. signals it`s worse than the old analog signals. I spent 50 years watching analog T.V. the occasional less than perfectly clear picture didn`t bother me, it was a lot better than having NO picture or sound at all like what happens A LOT with the digital signals.

Any kind of weird stuff that you notice with your T.V. can be blamed on the digital signals, it`s not aliens or ghosts or demons its just this crappy digital technology that the government forced on us.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join