It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Banning Assault Weapons (Urging Anyway)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Obama Banning Assault Weapons

www.foxnews.com

President Obama called Wednesday for a new and tougher assault-weapons ban and a 10-round limit on magazines, as part of a comprehensive plan to curb gun violence that includes 23 steps he took without congressional action.

"If there's even one life that can be saved, then we've got an obligation to try," Obama said. "When it comes to protecting the most vulnerable among us, we must act now. ... Let's do the right thing."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-1-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: headline

edit on 16-1-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's starting. let's see where this goes. hoping to hear everybody's thoughts and comments on this. I think this could be the beginning of something big.

my guess is there will be people who refuse to do this IF it is passed through congress, which i would be surprised if it indeed did. I'm assuming if this does not work, obama will be forced to try an executive order, which is when sh*t might hit the fan.

www.foxnews.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
sorry dude i beat you to it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I can tell you where it's going to go, and that is nowhere fast. Even Harry Reid admits he does not have the votes to pass an assault weapons ban. If he can't get the votes in the Senate then they are certainly not going to get the votes in Congress.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
and elsewhere.

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join