It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious question for our President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Please define "Mental Illness" for us.

Our service men who come home with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) are classified as having a "Mental Illness". Are you saying it is ok for these brave men to fight your wars but it is not ok for them to protect their families at home with these guns?

You sir have just opened up a can of worms.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Grimbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimbone

Mental Illnes = Everybody who doesnt agree on everything the goverment do...

The last couple of decades, how many kids have been given the diagnosis ADHD?? That would be a mental illnes wouldnt it? We need a world wide revolution, thats what i think...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Exactly; How many veterans will now foregoe treatment out of fear of losing their rights. I have been treated for ptsd in the past and I have no doubt I will soon be on a list of no go buyers because of it. Doesn't matter that I'm better now or that I take no medication. This is one of the trickiest parts of this whole ordeal. Spreading see something-say somrthing to the medical community is a bad idea.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Liberals trying to "Fix" things invariably make it worse while giving birth to a host of new problems that need their "Solutions". Kind of like prescription drugs - you start with one, but end up taking 17 to counter all of the side-effects. STUPID is as stupid does!

And the morons stand on the sideline cheering their own destruction.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I feel the debate over what is classified as mental illness is just as important as the gun debate itself. It does not matter what gun bans are passed if you can just label someone with a mental illness and stop them from being able to purchase a gun in the first place.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They could classify all of us as "mentally ill". How are you going to fight the allegations, in court? How can you "prove" your sanity, when even the Dr.s are being paid off? Does anyone play chess? It seems as if TPTB are starting to move their Queen around the board. And that's DANGEROUS! Now, we must attack their king or face a checkmate.

new topics

top topics

join