It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs 23 executive orders on gun control

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by Tardacus

Sorry but most people will be using obummercare because most people are poor.

THERE IS NO OBAMACARE HEALTH PLAN.

How do people not know this by now, it is all private insurance, all of it. There is not one government sponsored health plan.

Educate yourselves.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

What you say may be true but i can not deny who brought it to us and i will try to understand what you say.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
If anything, these 23 orders prove Obama is nowhere near going after your guns. End of story.

No, but he rarely puts himself out there to be squarely blamed for anything, he is the Teflon Pres!

But, wait til DiFi's bill comes. Obama is in full campaign mode, as he always is. We will be reminded of today, "It's fer the chirrun! Think of the chirrun!"

Where has he been for all the murdered children in strictly gun controlled Chicago? All the mental health issues still do not address black on black violence, gang violence, street thugs attacking people. All classes if people that do not, and will not, follow any gun laws.

A president that has failed to adress "his people" and Holder's people, when he would be the most suited, probably most listened to president EVER, if he did.

Silence....
edit on 16-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

If that was to happen, then I'm going ninja all the way.

What are they going to do next, ban throwing knives?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

What a load of crap. It may not prevent them from asking, but they had better bloody not. Besides which, and I don't think it needs clarifying, the patient is under no obligation to respond. I would respond though. Definitely. 'Mind your own #ing business' springs to mind.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Oh please. Its not like they are prying them out of your hands they are merely making it harder for shady people to buy em.

Nobody should have a collected large enough to single handedly wipe out several marine platoons.

In Canada we have tougher laws than what is being signed here and guess what? We still own guns.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Sorry if I don't have faith in others making decisions if someone is fit to purchase a fun in a second hand sale. I'd much rather want someone with some kind of papertrail instead of taking your word for it.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Last time I checked not one of you.... Not one... Will be losing any firearm to own legally yesterday. So why all the crying? Cause you can't buy ar15 number 7? Give me a break. 5

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Actually, it varies. I am living in the maritimes, I own a few "assault rifles", and many other guns myself. Also depends whether you are a city sheep or not as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Last time I checked not one of you.... Not one... Will be losing any firearm to own legally yesterday. So why all the crying? Cause you can't buy ar15 number 7? Give me a break. 5

I don't understand, what is your job here? To install yourself in to every thread about guns to tell everyone what we should or should not be happy with? Why does it matter to you what someone is going to disagree with? This is a country, not a conglomerate of people who all agree on the same things. I see you in every single gun thread harassing other posters about what you think they should feel.

At this point, people are simply questioning various parts of these orders, which seems quite normal to me. As a citizen, I think it's fine to question.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Cant wait for A. Jones and buddies to "bring back 1776" so he can earn his darwin award. Rightfully so.

why is it that most people against guns express the extreme desire to have everyone who disagrees killed?

oh, and on the 1776 note, a VERY funny parody:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I see many people in these threads saying this 'isn't so bad' or 'it isn't what you think' or 'it's only for bad or shady people'.

The road to hell by good intention is paved with small bricks. One brick at a time. Some folks can be forgiven ignorance when the bricks are new ones and never laid in the road bed before. When those bricks fail, it can be said no one could have known. No one could have foreseen the failure of the brick.

In this case, we're seeing a large brick of made of the same stuff as was used in California's incremental approach and used by Bill Clinton in 1993/94 in a far more direct and total approach. Both failed to succeed in their stated goals of reducing firearm homicide or overall weapons crime. The numbers the FBI/DOJ maintain reflect this failure.

For this reason, this isn't a road of new bricks people need guess at the long term performance of...it's simply a bigger version of the same old failed mush that once started as strong bricks, full of promise.

This brick is full of fail. It's not guesswork. It's pre-established outcome and fact by trying it before...not once, but multiple times.

How long, I wonder, will this fail need to be endured before even the supporters sheepishly admit ...AGAIN...the idea has failed ..AGAIN? Or...will they ever admit it this time? That's the fear I believe. The stakes are so high, even fail won't be admitted or acknowledged.

(Hopping down the road....looking for an exit or road crew to direct back to the problem brick being laid now)
edit on 16-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor corrections

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I'm not saying it's wrong to question. Nor am I in close to every gun thread. Last time I checked people are on these threads posing their opinions v fears, agreements and disagreements. I will do the same., thanks.

Hey maybe we just share the same interest in threads and that's why you see me a lot.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

So are these doctors supposed to report this, and to whom?

my opinion only: I think this is in place so that if you are seeing a psychiatrist who feels you may be a danger to yourself or others, he is not legally barred from asking you whether you have guns at home.

Medical professional here: What you said, plus the worry of having unlocked guns in a house with either children, or in situations of emotional or physical abuse.

The problem being of course, that just as when the DHS or post office asks you if 'there's anything explosive or dangerous in that package?' the guilty parties are never going to say yes.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no reporting duty whatsoever, and the laws about patient-doctor confidentiality are pretty strict.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Give me a break. What would you expect to happen if someone came to collect guns tonite.
They will implement this over time. Soon all guns will be checked for registration during routine calls and many will be destroyed then more and more will be deemed unworthy to own them then all will be gathered.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are still angry, and you still don't know why.

Which Executive Action to you disagree with? It doesn't seem like you, or anyone else, can really answer that question.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are still angry, and you still don't know why.

Which Executive Action to you disagree with? It doesn't seem like you, or anyone else, can really answer that question.

When I get home from classes...I have two large multi-page threads I am posting. Your question will be answered in detail by one of them. Patience is a virtue.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Luckily there are checks and balances with our government. It's this kind of fear mongering about guns that have helped propel gun sales. Look into what companies find the nra and how much the nra benefits from soaring gun sales. ( hint $$)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Give me a break. What would you expect to happen if someone came to collect guns tonite.
They will implement this over time. Soon all guns will be checked for registration during routine calls and many will be destroyed then more and more will be deemed unworthy to own them then all will be gathered.

So you are angry over something that hasn't happened, something that hasn't been suggested to happen, and something that Obama specifically said he doesn't support.

I know extreme pro-gun people are irrationally paranoid by nature, but this seems to be taking it to a new level.
edit on 16-1-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

In Canada we have tougher laws than what is being signed here and guess what? We still own guns.

You can't really compare canada to the us.
It does seem that the world has much to lose if the u.s. citizens give up our 2nd amendment vs how the world changed when canada gave up the fight.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join