It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs 23 executive orders on gun control

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by OneisOne

There were ZERO Executive Orders signed. Ack! The ignorance drives me away!

Sorry you have been driven away...... Just watch out for road rage, it's some nasty stuff.

So it's not an Order, but an action. Is the document posted to scribd the exact thing he signed today? Is that it? Are all the details there?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, when I submitted the OP, I made the mistake of calling them executive orders. It's now too late to change my OP.

CSPAN Glossary - Executive Order
NBC Article - Just what is an executive action?

A summary from the White House is:
Executive actions can include "regulation, enforcement, statements of policy...and numerous other things," the official continued.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
True story here...

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

How DARE you ask for details.......but you are just a......a......PEASANT with no access to the castle. The nerve of you to ask such questions is just silly.....now ....back to work.

No love,
The King

spez

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
One trick most liars..opps, sorry, typo....lawyers do when they file charges to sue the defendent is to LAY ON SEVERAL MORE charges to the supposed crime, so that if 22 other charges do not work or accepted by the jury and judge, at least, under the law of propability, one will stick.

Same with President Obama's style of 23 executive orders/actions, so that if 22 of the other EO/EA fails or is meaningless, feel good measures, at least one of them will stick.

And the real one whom he wants stick is the assualt weapon ban, displayed in full unconscionably using innocent children to bring about support.

Had it been an M16 assualt rifle that killed the children in Sandy Hook, as well as in other crimes, or an insane killer that did it? The answer is obvious.

1. The dirty minority but loud anti-gun lobby claimed assualt weapons kill quicker. That's BS. That is one big weapon and could have been noticed easily and forewarned. A small and simple matchstick lighted with leaked gas cannisters from a bag would easily have killed far more. It is the insane or the criminal that is a problem, not the tool used.

2. The dirty minority but loud anti-gun lobby claimed that men 200 years ago, their qoutes and their laws are irrelevant to the issues we modern man face today which are far more complex. That's another BS. Without these 'old men' and their sacrifice to create a new set of laws, there would have been no USA and many speaking german today.

It is the ESSENCE of those laws, the reasons why they were created, that remains relevant today, for they are based upon centuries of studies and experiences with human nature.

Today, the dirty anti-gun lobby claimed that gun enthusiasts are conspiracy theorists with their nutjob tales of black helicopters, MIB, and whatnots being the reason to have guns.

Try telling the anti-gun rhetoric to the suffering Syrians, the Libyans, the Chinese and the yet to be freed Iranians about being conspiracy theorists, and see what they will get as response, if they get to be alive still for calling them conspiracy theoriests.

Today, USA seems safe and President Obama seems benevolent. But what about tomorrow? Can the anti-gun lobbyists foretell tomorrow will be safe? Once laws are casted in stone, it is very difficult, if not impossible to change or have the time to do so.

Are the majority americans to listen and be allowed to be ruled by mickey mouse fan club members, deviod of realities and pragmatism?

3. Weapons are the responsiblity of owners. If one or 2 fails in responsibility, left them unlocked for others to steal or use, are the 200 million gun owners be blamed and punished?

4. Had all those EO/EA promised that it will end gun violence, let alone other forms of violence, upon american men, women and children, as now, only the committed insane and criminals who obey no laws will have illegal guns while law abidding citizens do not? None.

It seems either President Obama had been dishonest, acting upon some unknown selfish agenda, or he is plain dumb. But he had never proven himself dumb, thus it leaves one to wonder on his integrity now - who is he, a popularly elected executive, acting for, to demand for assualt weapon ban, which is a DIRECT INFRINGEMENT upon the 2nd amendment ????

However, let us all stay calm. President Obama is still the elected President and leader. It is his and his advisors' plan, although it may seem stupid and unworkable, but we mortals are all flawed anyway, for none of us are perfect.

Let it work its way through Congress and the Supreme Court. If any survives, let it work out at least for one year and see if VIOLENCE is eradicated.

If not, it is still not too late to sue, charge and sentence hanging for the anti-gun lobbyists for the slaughter of innocent law abidding citizens devoid of protections, as those anti gun nuts are responsible for pinning violence upon guns and that by removing them from law abidding citizens, violence and need for national defence will be eradicated. But may it not be too late....
edit on 16-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
True story here...

-SAP-

Or Al Qaeda and other Islamic extremists. Basically if you are a criminal or terrorist, no background check.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

Background checks for them?

Heck! When they want even rocket launchers, all they need is raid a few arms depot from corrupted countries, smuggle them across borders and hey presto! Kalaskinovs in the hands of them, criminals and the insane anytime and everytime. Sometimes, they DON'T even need to pay for it, as someone else who has an axe to grind will gladly supply them by the thousands, FREE, in bits and pieces for later assembly.

After all, they do not intend to wage full scale war or arm an entire nation. They only seek to rob, to steal, to kill or tyrannise the whole with just slaying the few.

Life is even cheaper for those folks. One dead, another takes their place.

How many more of the innocent men, women and children needs to die before humanity tackle the root causes of violence? Mickey Mouse Fan Club members are naive idiots, but they seem to rule politicians, the media and the ignorant.
edit on 16-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by T4NG0

Background checks for them?

Heck! When they want even rocket launchers, all they need is raid a few arms depot from corrupted countries, smuggle them across borders and hey presto! Kalaskinovs in the hands of them, criminals and the insane anytime and everytime. Sometimes, they DON'T even need to pay for it, as someone else who has an axe to grind will gladly supply them by the thousands, FREE, in bits and pieces.

Life is even cheaper for those folks. One dead, another takes their place.

How many more of the innocent men, women and children needs to die before humanity tackle the root causes of violence? Mickey Mouse Fan Club members are naive idiots, but they seem to rule politicians, the media and the ignorant.

I think you have something there with society seeking out the root of what causes people to lose their minds and do these things, and prevent it from even becoming an issue. I think there are just too many people here, and it becomes to noisy, and chaotic for the mind to cope with. Maybe if everyone would spread out a little bit. Considering how many people live in the U.S., and of those people how many own guns, it really doesn't happen that often. Although every innocent life is sacred, how many of those shootings since sandy hook have been gang violence? I am not trying to be insensitive, but I just don;t like criminals ya know?

Maybe it is a mental health thing and if we can some how find what it stems from and eliminate it, that would be awesome!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

If you ask me, you explained some of the root causes in your first paragraph.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
dont see his federal awb passing so for now the main threat is gone now its up to us to figure out exactly how all these "actions" the president is taking have teeth or not as from reading it most of the things he passed seem to be things that are allready happening or things involving drs and what not so other then alot of mentaly ill people lying to drs i dont see any real progress with what he tried to do ,i also think the way he worded his ban is him showing us he dont think it will pass but he wants to look like hes trying so that atleast he can appease the anti gun nuts and say he tried

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

now they can not only spy on are social lives but are personnel lives. this alows them to identify people who may be a threat to the machine

3. "Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system."

with the ecomomy going downhill, incentives will be welcomed by most which im sure these incentives will have a catch.

7. "Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign."

yeah because national campaigns always work so well
the war on drugs, and to keep kids from getting fat really worked out. this is just a way to funnel more tax money to were ever they want

14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

this is just weird and disturbing

15. "Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies."

this will cause gun prices go up drastically

16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

hired some spies.

18. "Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers."

sounds like a job for tsa

edit on 16-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
"Challenge" gun manufacturers to do what again? How does the "challenge" even work?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LostCompletely

Given the recent biometric safety built into the James Bond gun of the latest movie, and that biometric security devices are being talked about - it might be something along those lines.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well it looks like some of these actions have now been posted.

(note: 2 are list under "Presidential Memoranda" and the other is under "Proclamations")

Presidential Memorandum -- Tracing of Firearms in Connection with Criminal Investigations - Memoranda

Presidential Memorandum -- Engaging in Public Health Research on the Causes and Prevention of Gun Violence - Proclamations

Presidential Memorandum -- Improving Availability of Relevant Executive Branch Records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System - Memoranda

I haven't read thru them yet, so I'm not sure if that covers everything in the list of 26.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So that's all he did?

I told you he wasn't going to do anything over the top, especially on an issue as controversial as gun control.
Most are just confirmations of laws already on the books.
Is it so bad to have a campaign for the safe use of guns?

Are you guys going to admit you overreacted, or just pretend like these are extreme tyrannical moves and continue to whine about it?

edit on 16-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

How much do you think a gun with such tech would cost? That would also come down to making guns and ammo so expensive, that it is a defacto ban.

I believe that is what they are trying to do in fact, make it too damn expensive and too intrusive to buy guns and ammo, they are hoping we will just roll over like a lot of the brits did. Sure they can own guns, but they have to jump through many hoops like a good doggy, I am sure the gun club owners love the arrangement though.
edit on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 16:29:38 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

It was stated he was going to sign 23 "actions", I have listed 3.

There are many things missing that was on the list of 23, so I don't thing "that's it" at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

There are many things missing that was on the list of 23, so I don't thing "that's it" at all.

What are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostCompletely

What are you talking about?

Have you read this thread? Looked at the title?

If not that sure clear some things up.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Asktheanimals

Reading thru many of those I thought back to Fast and Furious and what an absolut contradiction it is for the DOJ & ATF to be involved in any of these orders.

The other thing that bothered me is all the directives toward doctors. So now our doctors are government spies?

Do you remember a guy named kevinunknown? He is big on repealing free speech for those he considers 'crazy'.

That is what is in the fine print here. If you know anyone, or anyone knows you, who says you are whack, you must remove yourself from their life, in toto. Believe me, the s is about to hit the fan. Those of whom I speak are shell shocked from years of zionist media creature hypnosis and conditioning. They will require years of therapy before free thinking will re-enter their captive skulls. Most will die in the prison of their conformity. One must remove from these 'OS' fanboys the privilege of their saying 'they know you'.

edit on 16-1-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join