It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US gun debate: Obama unveils gun control proposals

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

There is no Obama supporters vs Bush supporters or Democrats vs Republicans.

There is only the Jesuits/Freemasons/Illuminati/Luciferians vs the people.

33 Days Since Sandy Hook

They are flaunting in our face that they carried out Sandy Hook as a child sacrifice for success in disarming this country and are laughing at us because we can't connect the dots and even if we did no one would listen.
edit on 1/16/2013 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

You had to go there? You HAD to find a way to work in the B.S. fantasy the Uncle Sam murdered 20 children? Shame... For shame. Thats as low as I think I ever see politics go on this site...and that hit bottom like a sack of dog crap in church.

Wow... Keep in mind, there are Freemasons on this site. Some among the staff, so I gather over my time here. You're saying staff and members here are part of the movements that murdered the children Obama has exploited the crap out of to get his dreams passed as reality? Oh, like I said. For shame.

On this sad note, I'm off to find a way to focus on course work ...as our president works his best to dismantle the nation I love with all by being.

Well to be fair there is way to many discrepancies in the official story for it to be accurate. I agree that his conclusion may be pushing it but there is definitely a cover up. This video sums them up well: www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by dollukka
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Question where no one could answer. Both shooters were mentally unstable used prescription pills, loners and also bullied.. the story which seems to continue in these shootings. Even the background of the other shooter had mental illnesses somehow he managed to achieve legal guns... background check failed or was not done at all.

Which is exactly why Obama wants to improve the background check process and get mental health proffesionals more involved in background checks.

Seems to make all the sense in the world to me.

link   
Can anyone find the interview Erich Pratt just did on msnbc? I cannot find it even on their site, it was outstanding!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I am so glad most of the Sandy Hook conspiracy theory people are on the pro-gun side and not on my side.

What a disgusting theory they have...and all born out of wanting to protect their guns.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yes, I heard his speech. WANTING to do something and doing something are two different things. CONGRESS needs to reinstate the ban.

You mean I should overlook his stated goal and be happy that congress will make the call?? The same congress that gave us NDAA, Patriot Act, etc?

Which of Obama's Actions, specifically, do you disagree with? Providing resources to schools? Funding educational programs? Looking into the culture of violence? Or investigating the mental health link?

You're just like Obama. You misrepresent the intent of this action by appealing to the uninformed with sugar coated policies while intentionally ignoring the true teeth of the legislation; the teeth that you know darn well most people wouldn't like. Way to tow the line!

This is deception and you know it.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by dollukka

Question where no one could answer. Both shooters were mentally unstable used prescription pills, loners and also bullied.. the story which seems to continue in these shootings. Even the background of the other shooter had mental illnesses somehow he managed to achieve legal guns... background check failed or was not done at all.

Which is exactly why Obama wants to improve the background check process and get mental health proffesionals more involved in background checks.

Seems to make all the sense in the world to me.

Both incidents involved guns NOT theirs....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Initial reactions from the "orders", more mental health 'checks' at the discretion of the GOV health system. Meaning that with all the new "mental disorders" they have come up with in recent years, it will just make it that much easier to "diagnose" someone with a "mental disorder" in-order for them (GOV) to come in and snatch your guns legally through the medical system. Remember ODD (Oppositional defiant disorder), now that can be applied to almost anyone who questions anything coming from "authority" (GOV).

Now add in all of the people on Big Pharma meds that own guns that can easily be diagnosed with some sort of disorder (by anyone much less a doctor) as they ARE on some sort of mind-altering medication. They will be an easy target for Federal/State raids after an order is issued by their primary care physician.

Once this starts to happen, anyone who objects will be labeled with ODD if not already labeled and again the circle starts again, their guns get legally taken, their friends/family think its BS that this would happen and then they can easily be labeled ODD, etc, etc... ad nauseam.

Again all my opinion and initial reaction of how I can see this playing out in the future, now I am sure there will be a legal battle somewhere if they do go down the mental check "confiscation" method I mentioned above.

link   
reply to post by antar

Just had a quick look on Youtube with no luck if I find it I will post it but could you please give us more information about what was said.

Thanks.

link   
You can view the video here for now:

www.wral.com...#/vid11985617

link   

Originally posted by seabag

Yes, I heard his speech. WANTING to do something and doing something are two different things. CONGRESS needs to reinstate the ban.

You mean I should overlook his stated goal and be happy that congress will make the call?? The same congress that gave us NDAA, Patriot Act, etc?

Which of Obama's Actions, specifically, do you disagree with? Providing resources to schools? Funding educational programs? Looking into the culture of violence? Or investigating the mental health link?

You're just like Obama. You misrepresent the intent of this action by appealing to the uninformed with sugar coated policies while intentionally ignoring the true teeth of the legislation; the teeth that you know darn well most people wouldn't like. Way to tow the line!

This is deception and you know it.

Why won't you answer a simple straight forward question?

Why can't you name any specific Executive Action that you disagree wiht?

Seems like you are angry for the sake of being angry.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

His conclusion is what the site owners here have said not once...but twice...in system wide announcements,,,would have members OUTRIGHT BANNED FOR. Yet.. no amount of warnings or begging or pleading can make the evil crap end.

Theories have EVIDENCE AND BASIS. Wild speculation is pulled from thin air. There is a RADICAL difference and these "theories" are speculation of the worst kind ....in the worst way..and damnit IT HURTS REAL ATS MEMBERS. How hard is THAT to GET?!?!

I don't mean you.. I'm not mad at YOU personally... I'm mad in general...because even the dead serious statements and warnings from "God" (SO and Site ownership) haven't even slowed it down much. It's sickening....and why I'm ashamed to mention I'm a member of ATS right now in mixed company. If mixed company sees THAT crap? I'll wish for years I'd never said a word.

No one here should ever have to feel ashamed by content standing in topic headlines..to even say they belong ya know?

*I'm really off tho.... College isn't gonna care that I had a big point to make. lol..... (Hops off at warp speed)
edit on 16-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Thanks for that dude I have already embed the announcement into the OP though.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The pro gun folks should be very worried about how Congress is going to vote, especially with the "assault weapons" ban. One has to look no further than how Congress voted on the NDAA to see that the repubs, and dems are two sides of the same coin when it comes to infringing on our liberties.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I am so glad most of the Sandy Hook conspiracy theory people are on the pro-gun side and not on my side.

What a disgusting theory they have...and all born out of wanting to protect their guns.

Fast and Furious

Guns given to criminals and drug cartels to KILL PEOPLE. By your government.

Who's sick again?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Is there any information in regards to how the vote for a assault weapons ban in 1994 went.

I know a lot has changed since them I am just curious.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Originally posted by seabag
You're just like Obama. You misrepresent the intent of this action by appealing to the uninformed with sugar coated policies while intentionally ignoring the true teeth of the legislation;

WHAT legislation???? There is no legislation! Ugh! I can't stand the ignorance!

I'm just like Obama? Thanks!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by koder
Both incidents involved guns NOT theirs....

Which is why Obama's actions don't involve gun purchases! NOT ONE!

Jesus! It's like you're living in an alternate universe. Alternate to the FACTS!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Never in my life have I ever read such BS gun control?

No mass shootings involved ap ammo NONE it reads like the fascists lefts "wish list" of what they always wanted.

The people defenseless to the government that sells death across the globe yeah there is something manufactured here is the so called justification of more laws for what the law against murder is already suppose to "prevent".

Zieg heil Amerika is now truly a police state.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I agree that the conspiracy theories about Sandy Hook are utterly repulsive but I don’t think it fair to say that everyone who is pro-gun automatically believes that Sandy Hook never happened.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Double

edit on 16-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join