It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous chimes in on US Gun Violence and Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
(Sorry if this has been posted. I missed it if it had)

I'm far from the fan club manager for Anonymous as a group or banner people use as they need to cover whatever is being done in 'Hacktivism' or sometimes, actual criminal action.

However true that may all be, they are something else by being an open banner anyone can use. They are the face of the modern world of those who wish to speak and not have retribution or retaliation taken against them for the words they share. In this vain, this video was made, I'd say.

In a world where I've rarely agreed with Anonymous entirely on anything ...I can't fault the statement here. In this statement, they capture the feelings and sentiments of a nation, I believe. It's a long one, but worth the time to watch.

This opens by giving a short recap of what the issues have recently been to bring us to this point as a nation. It then covers a variety of case-by-case examples...and ends with some general and well considered statements in response to the efforts of disarming the American public.

In this case, I must agree entirely with one tenet of Anonymous. In THIS case?

*WE* are legion.

*WE* aren't coming..because we already live here. It's our home.

This SHOULD have been expected. It's why Guns have been a third rail of politics since Clinton's AWB. I'd say, expect more.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'd be interested to see how many Anon fans jump ship with this one or dismiss it as a hoax or simply being one lone "Anon" and not the greater groups position.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This surprised me for how it was presented. I'm used to more hyperbole and rhetoric from Anony communiques. The lack of it is almost more chilling. It tells me the general tone is growing serious and moving out of the phase of 'statements' for the sake of making statements. When an enemy stops blustering and bloviating...to simply get dead serious and understated? That's when I tend to think actual planning is in the works beyond talking about it. (Enemy referenced here in how Governments worldwide see that mask and all who wear it)

They sure are starting to drop the bluster and talk more past tense for opportunities to change. I think it's something we as well as TPTB ignore at our collective peril.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Point could have easily been made without a mask.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TitorelliP

Sure it could...and they could be among the first to be arrested for opposing the new regime we're seeing form up in our nation. I cant blame them a bit for hiding ID on statements like this.

You know, it's not that people like me and other very outspoken and very opinionated folks think the above will never happen or we're all somehow safe. Oh... nothing could be further from the truth. I, and others I suspect, have come to realize in the past few months....this isn't a game anymore and words DO matter.

In that sense, folks like me and thousands like me who have the squeaky wheels needing the most grease to shut up will be shut up first. As long as the high profile people are still up here posting ..and at many other sites like this one .... It's not THAT BAD yet. When those with the loudest voices fall silent? Well...... People who hadn't already done so much to NEVER be able to back off anything will appreciate having used a mask.

Using the mask might make the difference in the future between fighting another day or losing one's freedom to fight by the end of that day. Scary times...and bad ones.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'd be interested to see how many Anon fans jump ship with this one or dismiss it as a hoax or simply being one lone "Anon" and not the greater groups position.

That is usually how it works.
And besides, what website will they shut down over this and how will it actually help anything?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Getting close to the time to head to the hills. NY state just passed their absolutley useless gun control laws. Prelude to revolution, this is not going to end well. I hope some states finally stand up and demand State rights over federal rights. I guess my time is about up here, the new world is just not my cup of tea.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have not been a big fan of Anonymous because I see them as a group that has done a lot of lip service but not really accomplished any results and have only drawn minor attention to themselves.

The media, computers and the Internet are I believe by far the strongest weapons out there if used properly.
You could cripple countries, economies and bring down governments if used properly.

"IF" Anonymous is truly this powerful....

"IF" Anonymous really cares....

"IF" Anonymous is honestly for the people....

"IF" Anonymous wants to change the world and help in the fright.....

This is your chance Anonymous to bring about change. You could not have hoped for a more perfect storm of government corruption and usurping of American liberties to fight against.

"IF" you possess the power and heart any help would be greatly appreciated.

The media has convinced people that "most Americans" are behind this agenda by our government and nothing could be further from the truth. The truth is that MOST Americans understand the problem and do not want government intervention by using a few horrible, horrible crimes to take the freedoms away from us.

There is a small, loud minority who support these actions but in reality they are a very small percent of the country. They appear larger than they are because of the media.

If you use your influence, technology and skills to help and it gets to a point where things really blow up I know you can count on the vast majority of American people to back you and fight for you.

People are unorganized and afraid to or not sure where to start. You could help with that.

People who are pushing this agenda and talking the talk really don't realize I believe how much of a minority they truly are. I think they are about to find out what a small group they really are when compared to the whole country.

I would hope this situation could be rectified and done so without bloodshed but I fear it has been building far too long and the government has overstepped too many times and it's too the breaking point now.
The vast majority are tired...so very tired of being taxed to death, stepped on and rights being slowly taken.

Americans rights have not been taken like pulling a rug out from under our feet..... What happened is the found a stray thread on the rug and have been slowly unraveling it for many years.

The end result is the same but with the second method most people don't realize the rug is gone till there's too little left to stand on.
edit on 16-1-2013 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You know when "IT" starts? When "We" stop being "anonymous" and reveal ourselves. When we stop hiding behind avatars and not giving a "F" about being "politically correct" with our demands; then, MAYBE things will change. We ARE NOT "Anonymous"! WE HAVE NAMES and FACES!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well, as far as Anonymous being anonymous goes it seems to me that underground movements have been anonymous for generations. Take the Russian Revolution of 1917, for example. And tha'ts only one.

Another thing is, one of the largest tenements of their platform is privacy. It's kind of hard to claim you're an advocate for privacy while practicing privacy and making a political point about privacy when you're not being private about it.

Another thing is that revolution members rarely let their identities known so that they can be effective on the outside of a jail cell. Which brings me back to examples like the Russian Revolution.

They're actually quite brave to do the things they do, whether I agree with them or not. There's a risk - they can be tracked, traced, and caught. Some already have, as happens with revolutions. Some who aren't Anons also have, which also happens. And then there are some who break the Anon rule... The stupid kid who announced he was an Anonymous member a few months ago had his house raided within 24 hours. I was one of the victims of that particular "Anonymous strike", which turned out to be a hardware failure on GoDaddy's account. Which means the kid was only guilty of being a loudmouth and braggart. I do not know the kid's fate.

As far as the topic goes, however, it was a bit more educational of a video than most I've seen Anonymous put out. This was appreciated. Yes, the tone has definitely gotten a bit more serious, but then again this is a very serious situation. And I declare kudos that they had the brass to call out the Obama regime for what they are in using a tragedy like this to push forward their own agenda. When it first happened all I got was "if the first thing you thought was how Obama was going to use this to take your guns away, you're a pathetic example of the human race!" Which is probably true except - that's what happened. And no one has called into the spotlight the reverse tactic, that children are used by Obama blatantly to make himself look the hero. Like having kids int he background of his recent signings.

But in the long run of things I don't see the people getting angry enough to actually stand up and do something beyond complain to each other on Facebook until it's way too late.
edit on 16-1-2013 by spearcarrier because: The comic sans thing didn't work. At all.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlowinSmoke
You know when "IT" starts? When "We" stop being "anonymous" and reveal ourselves. When we stop hiding behind avatars and not giving a "F" about being "politically correct" with our demands; then, MAYBE things will change. We ARE NOT "Anonymous"! WE HAVE NAMES and FACES!!!!

I don't post my name and addy here because of T&C for one, but far more important...I don't need the crank calls and headaches of trolls who don't know when to quit.

Having said that.... It would take someone with no experience and no background to know how ...about 30 minutes to get my real name, address and a photograph of my house. Someone who knows what they are doing from a cold start should have all that and more in 5 minutes or less.

Who's anonymous around here? Does anyone really believe that? I imagine these Anony videos are covered fairly carefully with origins ...and as a one off deal, that's not hard to do. For those with regular and long term screen names? I'd call it wishful thinking. Anyone who wants our names and details already has then. Every last one of us.

new topics

top topics

join