It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Humans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So I was reading another forum, a bushcrafting/hiking/survival type forum and in one particularly large thread there were people talking about seeing people living wild, in the UK

now, I wouldnt think this was possible really, and took it with a pinch of salt, but the story's still interest me

does anyone have any storys about seeing "wild" humans?

some of the storys detailed seein "men" on all fours, filthy, foraging in woodland etc

and from the way it was being discussed, it was as if it was a regularish occurance, and to best keep out of the "wild" humans ways

very strange

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

I believe I heard that sometimes the media describes "wild boys" found living with animals and walking on all four. But wouldn't Britain be to small for that kind of wild life ?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
there have been too many stories, movies, old wives tales, and urban legends of people be raised wild and living like animals for it to be COMPLETELY false. UK isnt too small for it to happen there, IMO.

only thing that i would find off about it is, what about clothing? humans have evolved to be mostly hairless. how would a "wild" human keep warm, once they outgrow the clothing they had on when they were lost. also, what about kids being born in the wild to already wild humans? humans are far too fragile and dependant when first born.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Humans have been known to make their own clothing from animal skin and humans have also been known to be able to deliver a child away from a hospital without any training.... I almost delivered my son when the doctor showed up late durning the crowning stage. I see your point that it would be difficult but don't put too much past humanity and what we are capable of in the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm not sure if we're talking about feral humans, children raised by animals etc which tend to be one off's

I got the impression of more along the lines of either people that have either made a choice to go and live wild

or

have lived wild, like their parents, and grandparents before them, but for some reason haven't advanced into living in tribes, and building dwellings etc

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I have seen some wild and nasty humans in the streets of New York,Mexico city,Moscow,Rio,Shanghai,Baghdad,Tehran,etc...And they are all living completely independent from their governments and they absolutely do as they wish...Most of them don't even pay taxes...They mostly come out at nights so a lot of people think they do not exist...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

agreed, i didnt mean it sound like it's impossible. just that infants are so helpless. a crying needy baby makes it hard to hunt for food and clothing.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here is a great short video on the feral Russian child, Oxana Malaya.

She was found raised by dogs from age 3 to 8.

edit on 1/16/13 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/16/13 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

you should try Glasgow, sober, on a Saturday night

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Never been there but I take your word for it.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I have too admit I find this thread slightly amusing. I can say with a fair amount of confidence we do not have 'wild Humans' here in the UK.

edit on 16-1-2013 by HTUKno1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A few years ago, around '07 or '08, I heard a story on Radio Taiwan International (shortwave broadcast) about a "wild man" living in Taiwan.

The villagers kept complaining about a "hairy wild man" stealing crops and livestock. Eventually the police got involved and found that the reports were true.

The "wild man" was a sailor in the Taiwanese navy that had been discharged for mental instability. Without any money or friends/family the man just started living alone in the forest. When his clothing fell apart, he made new clothes from animal hides. The fur clothes gave him the "bigfoot/wildman" appearance from a distance.

I'm not sure what ever happened to him, as I never heard a follow up to the story.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HTUKno1

I'd tend to agree

but there are some great stories, and there are indeed some VERY VERY strange individuals around

from sightings of "men" running around howling, to extreme tom brown style survival chap's going to ground for weeks or months

this little island isnt as crowded as we think it is, lots of wilderness left

and btw everyone this wasnt meant to be a uk specific thread, I'm interested in stories from all over

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Animal Planet channel has been airing a series on feral human cases, called "Raised Wild", in which an anthropologist investigates cases of (neglected and/or abandoned) children raised with animals.
www.animal.discovery.com...
I've worked with severely neglected children (I was a Mental Health Counselor/ Childcare Worker for several years) who were labeled with "feral" behavior. It's interesting how "wild" children can develop, very animalistic, withdrawn, aggressive... I think we're all capable of it, especially in early developmental situations that are severely lacking in human contact and socialization. :/

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Here is an excellent account of a wild man. I believe the story to be true. They have been seen through out that region. The area is vast.

Lair of the Beasts: A World War Wild Man

One such creature of Almasty-like proportions was encountered at very close quarters as the Second World War was winding down to its final stages. The man we have to thank for bringing the story to our attention was one Erjib Koshokoyev, who lived in the Caucasus Mountains at the time, where the amazing incident took place, and who had heard stories of the hairy creatures of the hills and woods for a number of years.

The restof the story: www.mania.com...

For more stuff from the author :nickredfernfortean.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This story comes to mind.

Wild Boy

There's a few case like this that I've read about, each with it's own interesting results after they were found and studied.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
A whole family in Turkey was found that walked on all fours:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by maintainright
reply to post by HTUKno1

I'd tend to agree

but there are some great stories, and there are indeed some VERY VERY strange individuals around

from sightings of "men" running around howling, to extreme tom brown style survival chap's going to ground for weeks or months

this little island isnt as crowded as we think it is, lots of wilderness left

and btw everyone this wasnt meant to be a uk specific thread, I'm interested in stories from all over

I think we certainly have our fair share of very odd people ill give you that. Im still not 100% convinced people wouldnt be found within weeks, unless they really were out in the woods feeding off what they catch etc. Ive also read a few stories including one about a boy who grew up wolves? Now lives in a small spanish town? I think the story goes his father had him live on a farm in the wilderness with a strange man, who which when he died the boy still young went out to fend for himself.
Ive always thought if I ever need to flee the UK id head for the forests somewhere, watched a sh*t tonne of Bear Grylls!!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
People have mistaken the OP, he's not talking about people raised by dogs or other animals. He's talking about humans simply living wild.

Any chance you can link to the thread you referred to in your first post op? would enjoy reading through it

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Let's face it, we have all had this urge at one point or another. Some people are just 'mad' enough to survive doing it on the most minimal of necessities possible. Survivor shows all over television show it can be done, and after a few years with no real haircut, well you get Wild Hairy Men stories...

I know alot of the cases people will reference will be in people who are raised feral, but what about the reverse.

Clinical Lycanthropy

or from a 'spiritual/magical perspective'

Wendigo
edit on 18-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join