It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US employee 'outsourced job to China'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

US employee 'outsourced job to China'

www.bbc.co.uk

A security check on a US company has reportedly revealed one of its staff was outsourcing his work to China.

The software developer, in his 40s, is thought to have spent his workdays surfing the web, watching cat videos on YouTube and browsing Reddit and eBay.

He reportedly paid just a fifth of his six-figure salary to a company based in Shenyang to do his job.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
These days with outsourcing usually meaning thousands of people losing their jobs to cheaper countries in the East ( potentially mine, also), I couldn't help smile at the balls of this software programmer.

Instead of being dismissed, he should have recieved the employee-of-the-month award for some innovative thinking.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Innovative?????? Like ALLLLL the other companies that have outsourced jobs to China......hrumph...
Maybe the company he worked for in the USA wanted to keep their jobs in the USA and prided themselves for doing so. He wasn't innovative, he was just another crook, most likely to succeed in the political world. Maybe he'll even be one of our future presidents.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
That does put a smile on my face as well, at least he was sharing the wealth, somewhat.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
goota love the double standard involved here

so a company sending work overseas to make bigger profits by having to pay employees less is not a problem. but as soon as an employee does the same they fire him. just goes to show how cockeyed things are in the corporate world. why is it ok and ethical for a company yet not ok and unethical for an individual to do the same?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You have to admit that what he did was pretty smart but yet dumb in the same sentence. That's why you hire an "assistant" to help with your work.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
All I can say is, "nicely done". This is a great example of American innovation and ethics. Crafty, sneaky, dishonest and a serious security risk. We all know that the Chinese are actively hacking networks and this bozo gave them the key.... Glad I am on Sprint lol.

Although I have to admit I have a small spot of happy seeing someone stick it to Verizon, I freaking hate that company. Outsourcing the outsourcer's, kinda funny as heck.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by generik
goota love the double standard involved here

so a company sending work overseas to make bigger profits by having to pay employees less is not a problem. but as soon as an employee does the same they fire him. just goes to show how cockeyed things are in the corporate world. why is it ok and ethical for a company yet not ok and unethical for an individual to do the same?

So true.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I like that it says they think he'd been doing it with several companies at the same time!

Increasing his income by taking on more & more work while not actually doing a jot of work himself.

LoL - Genius!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

One word for it: capitalism. Hah

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So this dood maks money by getting someone else to shovel the @&7£. He just learnt from his boss right?

top topics

join