It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to unveil gun control plan within the hour

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
I don't think I said he lied in this speech... I said, he does lie and that is why even though he disgusts me ( all I want to see when his face appears on screen is a pink mist)

Total props for admitting
Even though your admitting your pretty much the worst monster humanity can offer...its still a sign of being bold to admit such thoughts.

I gotta say, there was a few times I considered such things seeing Cheney (not Bush..Bush was a nice guy...dumb, puppet, but ok type)...but I felt a sudden slightly sick feeling when considering it..end of the day, he is a person with a loving family, etc..

But to admit it..and seemingly gleefully verses a embarrassing secret..remarkable.

Couldn't understand the rest of your argument..he is a liar because he doesn't seem like he is lying and shows no trace of it..therefore he is a good liar..
But..what is he lying about? well, nothing..you said that also...but just because he isn't lying doesn't mean he isn't lying as he does nothing but lie..and...ya, its kinda loopy circular logic going on here.
I am not going to come down hard on you..but I think your perspectives might be a bit skewed from outside (non-political) sources..aka, you need something to rage at because something in your life isn't going well and you can't take it out there..be it crappy job, ex wife, etc..that sort of thing, because this is all a bit irrational.

I also heard prostate issues (no joke here) like cancer and such can fuel irrational rage and anger. I was surprised by that also, but I guess it is part of the body, and chemistry can make mood swings..Just saying, even if you don't believe that to be the issue...have a checkup..can't hurt, right? But anyhow...this is not meant to hammer you personally, was just a bit shocking to see such talk overall. I talk to a lot of diehard conservatives in RL..and they can make it seem Obama caused everything from toothaches to the state of the entire world...but they don't hate the actual guy himself..he is sort of hard to hate (same with GWB)..just everything he stands for, outlook, laws, etc...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If anything such a bill would include some sort of 'insanity clause' of restriction upon anyone who may have had an episode of depression (they will check on that via insurance payments if need be), work related stresses, marriage counselling, persons (or their children) having been diagnosed with ADHD, any PTST (either from military service or civilian trauma--even a car accident), 'excessive corporate complaints, issues with or lawsuits against educational facilities, or since they want gun registration to be so public I wouldn't be surprised if there are new loopholes advocate other citizens the access to 'give testimony' as to why you shouldn't be allowed to own a weapon.

Well, there goes the neighborhood cuz that includes almost everyone right there.
edit on 16-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Gee-golly, wouldn't it just be easier to have everyone checked and chipped so that after the government has given you permission to buy a gun, you won't have to go through all the checks and waits!

Excellent suggestion, could also come in handy when they regulate other aspects of your life, maybe they could include a powerful shock feature that they can use to control behavior?

Damn, that could be the answer to every "problem" the government is planning to deal with in the near future.

link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Right wearing earrings as a man, or long hair, food dislikes, being over weight, underweight, poor grades in school, collecting anything but Precious moments, TV programs, repeated fast food purchases, video game purchases, you name it, everything one does can be considered crazy.

link   
" Anarchy, it isn't the law, it's just a good idea. " and " TPTB do the illegal immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.

I wonder what Alex is going to do next ?

And now Obama is taking the guns.
edit on 16-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Footage from NRA headquarters during the Obama Speach.

link   

Originally posted by randyvs

" Anarchy, it isn't the law, it's just a good idea. " and " TPTB do the illegal immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.

Start up a commune with Glenn Beck and fall off the grid, if there is a god

link   

Originally posted by Patifier
So we can see how hypocrite he is, he said that any action that could save one live must be done, he could start by legalizing drugs, it would save thousands of lives. Also he could stop the wars and save millions of lives...

The founding principle of the United States Criminal Justice System is that it be better 10 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man be made to pay for crimes he did not commit.

Obama's logic there is turning the whole basis of our nation upside down by flat out stating that to save the one, any injury to the many is acceptable and even necessary.

I wish he'd go lead some OTHER nation. This one just isn't quite compatible with his sense of legal and proper. Apparently. it never has been.

link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Oh .. Wrong.. I wish it were the case. The only states to be 'safe' from this kind of crap will be the states to not only pass things to COUNTER IT but then have the balls to enforce it AGAINST the Feds in active ways. Texas has said they will...but we'll see in the actual real world events. I doubt it....

7 states are now looking at negating federal gun-control "laws".

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomjo
For anyone wanting to view the full executive order document, HERE you go.

THE WHITE HOUSEOffice of the Press SecretaryEMBARGOED UNTIL THE START OF THE PRESIDENT’S REMARKS January 16, 2013Gun Violence Reduction Executive ActionsToday, the President is announcing that he and the Administration will:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevantdata available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health InsurancePortability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from makinginformation available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background checksystem.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited fromhaving a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full backgroundcheck on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance onhow to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product SafetyCommission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace gunsrecovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make itwidely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with propertraining for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control toresearch the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effectiveuse of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to developinnovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patientsabout guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibitsthem from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
EMBARGOED

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship andinstitutions of higher education

.20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental healthservices that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirementswithin ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mentalhealth.

WOW!! This is the 23 executive orders signed by Obama......Look, we can roll mental instability insurance right into Obamacare!!

Where are the BILLIONS of dollars coming from slated above? OH YEAH.....US!!!!

4 billion to keep cops on the streets? My god, I want to puke....
......Oops already did......

edit on 1/16/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by randyvs

Anything to get away from the dumb leftist liberals is good for me, Glenn beck can stay home though
edit on 16-1-2013 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The founding principle of the United States Criminal Justice System is that it be better 10 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man be made to pay for crimes he did not commit.

Come on now. Stuff like this seldom gets out of control.

After all...It's for our own good.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Considering the death rates of smoking (& second-hand) and drinking (& Driving)...doesn't the ATF have higher priorities?

oh wait, this will give them access to your home without warning to check to make sure your weapons are locked up properly? Surprise gun visits?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health InsurancePortability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from makinginformation available to the background check system.

Your medical record just became part of the national background check for purchasing a firearm.

Whatever the doc or other medical professinal wrote, no matter if you like it or agree with it or not, may be used agaist you to prevent you from purchasing a firearm.

Medical records are large and comprehensive. They go back your entire life.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Man Saturn, I doubt Glen Beck could start a huv a round. But you seem to be aiming at something so spit it out ?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Five-hundred million dollar plan..

WOW

What sickens me is that people are actually folding and pushing for this.

WAY TO GO PEOPLE!

edit on 16-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here is the smoking gun (so to speak) that shows this goes way beyond guns control.

From the full text...

We need to do more than just keep guns out of the hands of people with serious mental illness

We need to identify mental health issues early and help individuals get the treatment they need before these dangerous situations develop

Reach 750,000 young people through programs to identify mental illness early and refer them to treatment:

We need to train teachers and other adults who regularly interact with students to recognize young people who need help and ensure they are referred to mental health services

1) Use the gun control issue to add to the Affordable Healthcare Act. (sleazy)

2) Label 750.000 young people with mental illness and force them to seek treatment. (scary)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Total props for admitting
Even though your admitting your pretty much the worst monster humanity can offer...its still a sign of being bold to admit such thoughts.

Nah, I think it’s just something to keep me going. I know it won't happen, I'm not stupid enough to try it or plan it or whatever. Last I checked ill wishes were still legal in AmeriKa.

Couldn't understand the rest of your argument..he is a liar because he doesn't seem like he is lying and shows no trace of it..therefore he is a good liar..

Honestly the fact you don't understand is not shocking...

I said, he is a liar - that is a fact. All politicians are liars, some are better than others. There are countless examples of him saying one thing then doing the opposite or saying something then being caught on tape saying he did not say it. Google is cool... try it.

But..what is he lying about? well, nothing..you said that also...but just because he isn't lying doesn't mean he isn't lying as he does nothing but lie..and...ya, its kinda loopy circular logic going on here.

Not to come down hard on you but saying one is a liar in general but in this particular scripted and rehearsed speech there is no evidence of it seems fairly easy to comprehend. Also, saying later that when he is off script he seems to give more indicators of deception than when the TPOTUS is in charge.

I am not going to come down hard on you..but I think your perspectives might be a bit skewed from outside (non-political) sources..aka, you need something to rage at because something in your life isn't going well and you can't take it out there..be it crappy job, ex wife, etc..that sort of thing, because this is all a bit irrational.

You are calling me irrational because you don't understand what I posted. And then are going to diagnose me with some sort of repressive anger disorder and call me irrational? This is amazing. You should pass straight to your 3rd year of medical school for sure.

The fact I have ill wishes for someone I consider an enemy of the people makes me mentally ill? I think you have a future job waiting with DHS. I mean anyone who would wish ill of the Dear Leader might need to be in an institution after all.

ETA: Just for you SaturnFX there is a distinct difference between having ill wishes for someone's health or welbeing and a threat to make it so.
edit on 16/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Obama plans on signing an executive order to ban assault rifles and limit clips to 10 rounds.

www.foxnews.com...

this shows he knows nothing about the purpose and ideal behind the Second Amendment. We have the right to Bear Arms.

Q. what arms do we need to fight off and invading military force or our own tyrannical govt forces?

A. The same as they have. which would include helicopters, war planes, missiles and rocket launchers, automatic weapons and 30 to 50 round clips and more. Night vision, smart bullets, drones, 50 Cal machine guns, War ships, Tanks and what ever other arms we will need to throw of any tyrannical govt whether foreign or domestic

His and congresses limiting of our rights to bear arms for the purpose of throwing off a govt force was taken away while we slept and let our Representative pass these laws without our ever considering the out come which is We gave up our right to bear arms long ago.

edit on 16-1-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Boy Im glad I live in Texas...this will never see the light of day around here. Feel sorry for the folks that live in the anti gun states, but I guess that is a choice they made.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join