Forbes Article "Conveniently" DELETED Yesterday Claims SSRIU Drugs Caused Sandy Hook And Others

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
If you're not hearing voices, or your not suicidal, than the condition you have is called life. Bi Polar is BS. I have known way to many people who say they are Bi Polar. First they do not CT scan of the brain, second everyone is Bi Polar to some extent. We all live through lives ups and downs.

We are turning hyper children, depressed teenagers, overworked fathers, and underappreciated mothers into lifeless psychotics by giving them pills to cover up the real problems.

+1000

I will add the current state of our economy is not helping the stress level in many households. It is making things worse and it is not going to get back to the way it was any time soon if at all. This is the new normal....outsourced jobs, loss of jobs to robotics, organized labor issues. There is a concerted effort to lower the cost of labor and it will be a crushing blow to the middle class.
edit on 17-1-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: grammar

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Also let's not forget another thing the media will not go near........they blame this on Adam yet do not mention those were his mother's guns......HE STOLE THEM......he committed the crime of theft before shooting anyone. Where is the blame for his mother for having these around an unstable child?? Where is the outrage? They won't talk about that because it will deject from the agenda......Frankly I am surprised they missed this opportunity to jump on that fact and say we need to hide ALL guns because they can be stolen and used to kill kids too.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Care to be more specific?
What laws has he broken?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012

If you're not hearing voices, or your not suicidal, than the condition you have is called life. Bi Polar is BS. I have known way to many people who say they are Bi Polar. First they do not CT scan of the brain, second everyone is Bi Polar to some extent. We all live through lives ups and downs.

We are turning hyper children, depressed teenagers, overworked fathers, and underappreciated mothers into lifeless psychotics by giving them pills to cover up the real problems.

+1000

I will add the current state of our economy is not helping the stress level in many households. It is making things worse and it is not going to get back to the way it was any time soon if at all. This is the new normal....outsourced jobs, loss of jobs to robotics, organized labor issues. There is a concerted effort to lower the cost of labor and it will be a crushing blow to the middle class.

Isn't it a little amusing about how simple the cure is? Stop buying what they are selling and you destroy the machine. They believe they do not care if there is a finacial collapse. They fully expect to rebuild the machine after the collapse. In this way we become fearfull of collapse and work even harder to fuel the machine. They have slaved us for everything they have and they will, like they already do in underdeveloped countries, slave us for the lowest cost that we will accept.

When you go to the store and buy the Ipod 50 or whatever new thing they want to sell you, you become that man that not only accepts his slavery to the machine but you are also the man fueling the machine.

Let us really collapse the economy. I believe the bible predicts a time where the machine is defeated. I don't care if you believe in prophecy, I do care that you believe that we can make it come true. "Woe to you Babylon all the merchants of the see got wealthy off your excess". The collapse of the machine is a good thing; we just need to make sure that we never let them rebuild it.

There is nowhere to run, we are all part of the machine. One man cannot stop the machine, unless all men are willing to believe.
edit on 17-1-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
How about the connection between power-mad psychopathic would-be tyrannical dictators and shocking mass-death events?

In any case obviously Forbes got a memo from the executive branch to fall in line with the preferred propaganda.

We all know that the best way to prevent an incident where illegally obtained handguns are used to kill people within a gun-free zone in a strict gun-control state is to implement... gun control! What?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

No 1-Liners: Please do not create minimal "me too," "I agree," or similar very-short replies. (Adding "second line" to short comments doesn't count.) No Big-Quotes: Please edit-down posts you quote to just the important parts as it greatly improves the readability of your response. No Shorthand: Please do not use "txting" shorthand in your posts, this is an international site and many people may not understand your post. Respect: Give credit where credit is due, please do not paste entire pieces content from other sites, privide a short salient snippet and link to the source. State Your Case: If you're posting links to other sites or videos, please include your commentary on how the video is relevant to the discussion.

Do not do this, do not do that.....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

People who are taking these medication are taking them for a reason. To claim that the medications actually cause them to commit murder is ridiculous and baseless.

Ridiculous and baseless?? Seriously? Have you never seen any of the adverts for any anti-depression medication?

They list all of the side-effects as an off-hand afterthought at the end of every commercial--which includes "suicidal/homicidal thoughts and behaviors".

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I bet they use the srugs on the military.
to get them to kill with out thought.

what was that story about a soldier who left base to kill the locals?
I BET he was on it...

itis taking ATS a long time to Delete this post?
edit on 17-1-2013 by buddha because: its the drugs I am on.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is another very good article on this topic........

jonrappoport.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The reason people have to take this kind of medication is to subdue themselves to the daily bs they are systematically being fed by TPTB and a sheepish society that just won't budge.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by R_Clark

Ooooooooooo, I dunno about the suicide rates being linked to these drugs in the military, but it is shocking to see the correlation between SSRI's and Murder.

It seems more often than not, military suicide is linked to soldiers not receiving care due to their stressful duties(PTSD), Depression, remorse, so on, so on.

People who are taking these medication are taking them for a reason. To claim that the medications actually cause them to commit murder is ridiculous and baseless.

Maybe it has more to do with the medications not working and their condition. What is to say they wouldnt have commited the crime if they never too the medications, or how many of these medications have actually stopped people from committing crimes.

good point, i take an SSRI and last time i checked, i am not a homicidal maniac. for anything like this to be even considered, one would have to embark on years of study's and many peer reviewed papers be written on it. last time i checked though, our government officials cared nothing of science in the first place so why would they now?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Absolutely! I must agree. Processed food is a huge problem and IMO is responsible for not only contributing to mental disorders, but to many of the diseases running rampant in our country.

Good point.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Scientology is definitely not a credible source.

Anyway I have to say that my impressions of SSRI's and other drugs of this sort (like anti-pscyhotics) really creep me out. Very negative. However, I think that people who want them should be allowed to have them. I don't think they should ever be forced on someone unless there's an obvious link to violence. By "obvious" I mean they say they want to hurt people. Even better, they have a history of low impulse control and physical outbursts. But make sure that it's clear. I had a case almost a decade ago where my sister misheard something I said and thought I said I wanted to hurt someone. I had to go through the mess that came after. I don't remember saying it. I know that I don't have a bad bone in my body and never ever have wanted to hurt anyone. I'm selfish, sure. I don't get along with others well. I'm very opinionated. Can get angry. But I digress.

We have to be careful about pigeon-holing people. *sigh*

There's some research that shows up to 40% of people do not respond to drugs even though they experience depression. Some rare studies paint an even bleaker picture.

This is one of those rare studies:
abcnews.go.com - Study: Antidepressants, Placebos Near Equally Effective...

My approach to all this has always been to look at how somebody is living. If I believe their living circumstances are causing thep problem then that's what I think should be corrected. HOwever, I know that what I think can be wrong and is just my opinion. I also know that many things about a lifestyle can't be changed easily. There's a lot in this world that's not easily changed.

I've had issues in my life. I think I have OCPD as well. I've made some bad choices. If I hadn't been resistant to the notion of psychotropic drugs, I'd probably be on them. I have vowed to live my life as natural as I can and to stay away from drugs. It's a challenge. More than that, I want my mental freedoms to be natural. So far in my life, I've felt bittersweet. I do not feel as though I require drugs. What others think is their prerogative. My philosophy is that there're many roads in life and not all of them have to be brightly lit and happy. I will keep on trucking and learn what I can.

Having said hte above, I -am- a coffee drinker. Maybe I'm a druggie after all. Maybe so. Maybe I have mild ADHD and compensate with coffee. But I've had sequences in my life where I've felt great and wasn't drinking coffee. And I know a heck of a lot of people that're coffee drinkers too.

But ya I have problems. Don't want to be high and mighty.
edit on 17-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by Maxmars
The fact that an extreme effort on eliminating this story from public view tells much about the nature of the political purpose to which these tragedies is being put.

and how many times has a story been eliminated on this site? huh?!?

I would bet many more times than in the regular media.

and really....they didn't go to that extreme of an effort...it still shows up on google.

You leave me with no option but to address this statement; although I believe you could have changed the tone a bit with rewording.

..., and how many times has a story been eliminated on this site? huh?!? ...

To the very first point; the ATS community is a virtually self-policing, and member-content crated construct. There are subjects which we do not entertain in our forums.... the reason is moot... it is how those responsible for the very existence of the site (owners) want it. So those stories did not ever belong here.

But more importantly, and flying in the face of the perceived implication, I would have to say that we haven't the power to 'eliminate' stories.... wherever a story 'came from'.. it is still there (unless is it a fabrication with no basis in reality.) Members can go anywhere they wish to speak of those things we police out of our midst according to policies which are clearly made available and explained repeatedly over the years.

To the second point:

I do not believe that the amount of "effort" has a relation to the speed and relative effectiveness in the way you imply. I believe that - when the ATS community pursues media actions such as these - I have observed them to be a fantastic bellwether for determining the 'human decision' element within the industry at play. Rightly or wrongly, I have found the most interesting associations when articles of this type are plugged and pulled. - It is a form of corporate intelligence we lacked for the most part before the internet.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Scientology is definitely not a credible source.

I understand the funding for the research came from an agenda-laden source..... Does that necessarily mean the researchers 'fabricated' or 'misinterpreted' the information they reported? I do not mean that facetiously. I am wondering if there is any evidence that contradicts their data.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012

+1000

Bi-polar is a very real condition.

You two are very ignorant.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

You sort of missed my point. It's hypocritical to judge one company for doing something, that your own company does.
Your response essentially boils down to "well we have our reasons."

But when this other news site does it, it's "Conspiracy!" , or "it's the workings of a corrupt corporation!" Does the other news site not have the right to have their reasons for removing an article? Especially when the topic is obviously a controversial one.

and yes, this site does occasionally "eliminate" stories, in the form of threads that have no links.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Well done on finding this

indisputable

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
People help, we are all being attacked by religious people without Even being known.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Prove it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join