It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbes Article "Conveniently" DELETED Yesterday Claims SSRIU Drugs Caused Sandy Hook And Others

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I haven't read the thread.

My brother-in-law was prescribed Zoloft for 4 months, in a row. The physician knew he was alcoholic, I think the physician was psychotic.

My BIL suicided, and I believe Zoloft was why.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by surfin4it

sorry, I think the psychiatrist was not psychotic, but nuts.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
I haven't read the thread. I apologize if this has been said.

The truth is, these people were broken before medication and medication wasn't enough to help.

actually at lest some of those people were NOT "broken before medication and medication wasn't enough to help". that may very well be a part at least of the issue. these seemingly dangerous pills are almost handed out like candy. "oh you are feeling sad here take these. they will HELP YOU". "you are being treated unfairly, abused? here take this it will HELP YOU".

it seems to me that these drugs are used as a SHORTCUT, instead of working to actually help people be it helping them figure out how to fix or manage things or a person that is simply IN physical PAIN they just hand you pills. instead of trying to actually FIX a medical issue they just hand you pills. i don't know how bad it has gotten in the states but in Canada it seems this problem is rampant due to the useless social medicine that is in place. there is not enough money to actually DEAL with medical issues so pills be it ssri's or pain killers are given in place of proper medical help.

years ago after i had been in severe pain for couple years of course i was rather depressed about it. i ended up seeing a shrink who commented that of course i would be depressed when dealing with physical pain for an extended period. and yet instead of working to try to help FIX whatever it is that is causing the pain i was handed anti depressants and ssri's. i wish i had a clue back then about what they did, if i had i would have REFUSED to take them. but like a good boy took the meds, this after like has been mentioned previously about a 15-30 minute session with the doctor. when it came time to renew the prescription i would go in to my normal doctor, but just long enough to have a prescription form filled out. there was never ANY attempt made to try to sort out what was CAUSING the PAIN, just the doctor filling out the prescription form and send me on my way. does this sound like it would really help deal with the REAL issue? just DOPE people up and that's it? that is how it seems to work in Canada at any rate, like i said thanks to a vastly underfunded "free" healthcare system.

at first i didn't notice anything wrong, yet friends kept commenting on changes in my behavior. i was apparently HIGHLY susceptible to suggestions people would make. they could just mention for me to do something i ordinarily would not even consider doing and i would do it.i was so passive most of the time i would not even pay bills. i would "skip work" just because i couldn't be bothered to go, (my normal self was a very conscientiousness worker who wouldn't do stuff like that). this type of thing seemed to start gradually while on the medication. i even "knew" this was going on, but yet was powerless to stop it. it was kinda like i was outside with no control, like watching a tv show, it is really hard to explain, i "knew" i had to do things or not to do things but i couldn't stop myself, all i could do was hang on and "watch the show" of my life with no control. it really wasn't that i didn't care or anything, it was more like my being was locked up with only a window to watch what was going on. i would have VIOLENT outbursts over really stupid piddly things that normally wouldn't have even been a factor in my life, yet things i KNEW i should react to i was incapable of reacting. it is one hell of a scary ride to be like that. it was almost like i was 2 people one that did things that i could not control and one who wanted to do things and have control that was locked up unable to have any effect to what was going on.

it does not take any leap of imagination that someone could go out on a rampage under these meds at all. i came close to doing something that could have KILLED an "innocent" while on these meds, only a co-worker thought i needed help doing what i was supposed to be doing, not that i was deliberately (as my conciseness cowered in fear unable to stop what i was doing), sabatageing something, (yet again something that i would NEVER have done normally). i know i never want to be in that situation again. it is a scary thing to be only a passenger with no control over what you are doing, and yet at the same time being FULLY AWARE of what you are doing. in a way it is no wonder that someone on these meds who goes on a rampage kills themselves, maybe for just a minute they have regained control over themselves and are so guilt stricken or even afraid of what they will do, that they kill themselves.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Current stats show around 10% of USA population on anti-depressants. Which translates to roughly 30 million people taking them. Correlation is not causation. To attribute SSRIs to causation you would have to address the fact the VAST majority of Americans on these meds are not going on killing sprees.

so because 30,000,000 people use these drugs yet don't ALL "freak out", there is no problem? well what if say the issue only occurs to 1% of them? that is 1 in 100 people affected, really not a bad sounding thing is it? yet that would be 300,000 people affected. lets go to say only .01% of all that take these meds go nuts and go on killing sprees, that is ONLY 1 person in 10,000 that goes berserk, that really doesn't sound that bad, but that is STILL 3,000 people going on killing sprees, which is way too much. thing is even if it only affects a SMALL portion of those who take the meds, it STILL a BIG ISSUE. it is something that really needs to be looked at seriously.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Sorry, no. There may be a very small population that actually benefits from these drugs , however, for most, to eliminate conditions such as depression, debilitating anxiety, panic attacks and so on, is to change your life! Excersise, healthy diet, and positive thinking. That's all it takes. IMO most prescription drugs are attempting to replace much needed lifestyle changes, and in the end these drugs make the situation far worse (including bp meds and everything else they push on society) it's all a bunch of bs.

Mabye, instead of taking an antidepressant because your Down (and they'll give it to you, just say your sad, and just like that you can get your very own antidepressant, if that doesn't work, well, you must be bi-polar, here take this one instead.....)Mabye, someone should make something of themselves, find some positive recreation, get that heart pumping. That would go a long way on curing anybody's "mental illness"

Mabye instead of taking a hundred blood thinners and beta blockers, someone should consider dropping the McDonald's and getting the hell of the computer chair for some excersise out in nature first......ooh it's all so messed up.....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

You sir, and a few other of the above posters have nailed it. I've been In the same situation, when my son was born, him and my wife almost died. Ya it messed with my head a little bit, and gave me anxiety and panic attacks. I should have never seen a shrink though. (Like you said, I wish I was smarter back then) it was amazing how quickly and easily I was able to acquire a variety of phsyciatric drugs, and after only about a five minute conversation. Suddenly I had panic disorder, severe depression, and PTSD. (I did not) and when I told her and my other doctor I was quitting these awful drugs (I won't go Into the hellacious # I went through on them) they tried as hard as they could to convince me I needed them. Healthy life changes were not an option and I was insane for even considering such a thing. Well I saw through them at that point and proceeded anyway, I weened myself of the drugs, (you must, for the withdrawals are UNREAL! And can even kill you) and started daily workouts and healthy eating, along with lots of surfing And other recreation. Before long I felt better then I had ever felt in my life, that was about 3 years ago and I still live that way today and am feeling great! Zero drugs.
edit on 17-1-2013 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

My wife has some issues, and she was on SSRI's and Anti depressants for years. Our marriage was falling apart. Then, we watched a few documentaries on medicinal cannibis, and we live in a state that allows it - so we said why not?

What a change! She medicates about 3 times a day, small doses and she has done a 180. She is more creative, motivated, and best of all - happy. It was the best decision we made....moving from these synthetic psycho drugs to something nature provides. She is healtheir, more active, happier and more beautiful now than ever before!

Get rid of these drugs! They are doing more harm then good!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
SSRIU ?? what are they?

I've Googled and there is no such thing as SSRIU's maybe my Google is broken? WTF?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

Ssri, not sure where the u came from. Pristiq, Zoloft, abilify, lexapro.......stuff like that

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Anybody who doubts the effects of these drugs should try them out for themselves. Or stfu.

Google any SSRI drug, Wellbutrin, Paxil, prozac, etc, are making me feel worse. Look at what all these patients say their doctor did when they complained. They increased their dosage. Now if you take any drug, ingest any food, whatever that makes you feel worse, shouldn't the dosage be reduced? Why increase it? They increase it so you can't ever get off them. Paxil is a nightmare to withdraw from . Some of them like Wellbutrin can't be divided. That's so you don't try chopping them in half to wean off.

People think the person had to be this way in the first place anyways. Not true.

Although they might be ok for some people, it doesn't mean they're ok to use.

Its time to get rid of them. It won't happen though because the real statistics aren't broadcasted.

Google any SSRI drug.. .and WHAT? Google it and WHAT? really. .what?! What is your point. They exist if you Google them, you get some results.. then what... what is it? I can't see it and I've Googled. Is there a message, something pops up? something I missed?

Muppet!

edit on 17-1-2013 by ted4d because: smelling

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

edit on 17-1-2013 by GoShredAK because: Didn't contribute to thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So it's impossible to halve a Wellbutrin tablet??!!

Honestly, I wonder how many drugs the people here take. Are you seriously saying that you can't half the tablet!

This is moronic. Some people need to take an anti-conspiracy drug, not SSRI's (or SSRIU's as the totally uneducated call them).

I see BS, I spell BS, I call BS. It's just a merry go-round of idiotic statements and intelligent people trying to call BS without getting hit by the mods. I call BS 100% and I'm happy to be banned for calling out the morons who post this sh1t

edit on 17-1-2013 by ted4d because: spelling amendment

edit on 17-1-2013 by ted4d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
My academic background is psychology and neuroscience with graduate work in pharmacology and pharmacological research. I'm also currently in medical school and will be a practicing physician very soon. So, I feel at least somewhat qualified to speak about this topic. Many of you here are absolutely on the right track - these drugs are dangerous. To say that we have overprescribed and/or prescribed too quickly is a gross understatement. We have almost completely lost our way as physicians and healthcare providers with regard to caring for those with mental illness. We have done more harm than good and for that I am truly sorry. There are many of us that see the problem and hope to address it.

I will say this briefly and won't entertain much, if any discussion or debate because this theory/statement abridges an area that science struggles with - the mind/spirit equation. We don't know how to qualify or quantify the spirit of a man in scientific terms because we simply don't have the tools with which to measure it. Further, there are some that would deny its very existence and reduce us to a pure animal state. I don't subscribe to that as a Christian. What I do subscribe to is that the mind/spirit that we seem to be has a balance that has fear at one end of the spectrum and a sound mind at the other end. I believe there are a number of sources that will bear this out, including common sense. Even St. Paul addressed Timothy (2 Timothy 1:7) stating that God hadn't given us a spirit of fear, but that of a sound mind. How does this figure in to the current problem of these medications? Simply put - SSRIs and most of the medications that we use to alter the brain affect a region called the amygdala. This region is crucially tied to our fear response. We also know that these drugs affect the insula - another area specifically tied to our fear response. If these drugs are affecting these regions in ways we don't fully understand - and they ARE - then perhaps we're affecting the very core of who we are. My theory is that these drugs affect some in such a way that they absolutely lose the soundness of their mind and are so fully consumed by fear that a reactionary state of violence takes over in such a way as to be unavoidable.

Are these drugs bad for everyone? Perhaps. Should we completely restrict their usage? No, but we should use them so sparingly and with such a careful accountability that the current landscape of how they're prescribed would change permanently.

Any medication that alters the mind can be and is dangerous and should be handled as such.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The mass media: there to please.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
And my doctor recommended I came off SSRI so your post is not accurate (lies). Or maybe he's not in the NWO and wants the profit? Prhaps he's just actually a Doctor tying to figure out what to do for the best? Perhaps I should show him this thread and enlighten him on his bad ways so he can prescribe me more so I can't get off them and keep annoying him every week because he has nothing better to do.

BS stinks on here and I call is smelly BS. it's moronic. Have you actually taken any SSRI's ?SSRUI's whatever the fk they are?

How can someone make such a pathetic post and even call them SSRIU's- theyt dont exist - it's a MADE UP WORD !!! (acronim)

OMFG freaky conspiracy bullcrap stinks

edit on 17-1-2013 by ted4d because: spelling again

edit on 17-1-2013 by ted4d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
It's a pity our journalists are mostly gone. I wonder what happened to them?

Funny you should ask......I think I have your answer.........

This is Anderson Cooper mocking us.......and the Owl is the symbol for what? The Illuminati of course.....and who drew that picture? Grace's mother gave that to Obama and now he is holding it on national tv for all to see.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Here is another article on the same topic......from Dec 17th......

savemylifedrrima.com...

This topic needs to be on the MSM now.......

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

People are instructed not to halve these tablets because the active agents are meant to be released slowly. When you halve a tablet and break the outer layer, you get all of the drug at once. It can throw someone into a mania.

However in order to avoid horrible withdrawals you have to split them, instead of halves, you take the pills in 8ths or 16ths. Wait for the withdrawal symptoms to begin, then take another tiny piece. Eventually, this would result in being completely rid of the drugs.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

I'm not sure who your responding to because you keep replying to yourself.
I see that you are new here, so you can reply to each posters comment by hitting the button at the top right labled "Reply-to" or "Quote"

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ted4d

Originally posted by violet
Anybody who doubts the effects of these drugs should try them out for themselves. Or stfu.

Google any SSRI drug, Wellbutrin, Paxil, prozac, etc, are making me feel worse. Look at what all these patients say their doctor did when they complained. They increased their dosage. Now if you take any drug, ingest any food, whatever that makes you feel worse, shouldn't the dosage be reduced? Why increase it? They increase it so you can't ever get off them. Paxil is a nightmare to withdraw from . Some of them like Wellbutrin can't be divided. That's so you don't try chopping them in half to wean off.

People think the person had to be this way in the first place anyways. Not true.

Although they might be ok for some people, it doesn't mean they're ok to use.

Its time to get rid of them. It won't happen though because the real statistics aren't broadcasted.

Google any SSRI drug.. .and WHAT? Google it and WHAT? really. .what?! What is your point. They exist if you Google them, you get some results.. then what... what is it? I can't see it and I've Googled. Is there a message, something pops up? something I missed?

Muppet!

edit on 17-1-2013 by ted4d because: smelling

reply? ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join