Forbes Article "Conveniently" DELETED Yesterday Claims SSRIU Drugs Caused Sandy Hook And Others

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NewtonDKC

My God NO... youre not a basket case. This is a large part of what Im talking about.

Here is a part of our problem today that I experienced MYSELF and saw how it all happened :

I was working in an ER when they shut down the "mental hospitals" and turned the patients into the streets. Im thinking this was VERY early 90's.. or very late 80's. Im old.. bah. ANyway, immediately it was MASS chaos for a LONG time. I was working ER for a decade and even at the end when I switched careers.. we still felt the ramifications. In the initial days we had police bring in "aggravated homeless" ... weird term for.. mentally ill thrown into the streets with no life skills, many completely institutionalized, no support systems ( family) or money to take care of their meds and NO management of behavioral issues. Our social dept was overrun with trying to help them get on medicaid in order to get help because they lacked the means or ability to deal with social service offices and the forms! We nurses were not only verbally beaten up.. we had a serious issue with very bad physical assaults from violent patients who werent being managed suddenly. Its when that hospital ( a level 1 trauma center) put guards in the ER and security everywhere. The ones who were depressed just shut down and didnt agree with help.. due to the abject hopelessness they felt when abandoned by the ones who were helping them and cold turkied ( and the circumstances truly were hopeless) . Our ER drs ( and some who were NOT psych) were throwing meds at them.. mainly to get them manageable for the officers because our psychiatric wards ( now called behavioral medicine floors) were packed to capacity and not enough professionals to go around. There was NOWHERE to send these folks and no way to help them.. and no management of illness.. and they were given whatever drug came to mind to calm them or whatever drug they CLAIMED they were on before! There was such a burden that all of a sudden the mentally ill were not seen exclusively by psychiatrists or mental health professionals.. but whatever or whomever they could get into. General practitioners, pediatricians, ER residents and Drs.. etc. This became the norm.. and what is STILL happening. Now we reap the things we had sown in the medical community... specifically the psychiatric community that refuses to own up to the disastrous mistakes. We made great profits for pharma, but now we have totally failed our citizens who suffer from REAL illnesses that COULD be appropriately managed. A hell of a lot more went on.. but thats it in a nutshell.

Now another blow has struck against our most vulnerable citizens by our oh so helpful government. They have once again turned a blind eye to the true problems and we are set back further. I am outraged... completely outraged.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Advantage because: I cant spell apparently...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
just got this over facebook www.naturalnews.com... its from natural news so take that for what its worth but they bring up the interesting case of one of the largest rifle makers in america getting whacked the other day after posting on facebook about this exact topic and it contains the last thing he posted on facebook before his disappearance

Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Columbine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold's medical records have never been made available to the public. Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather's girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded. Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event. Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac. Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft. Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days. Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment. Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others. A boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 had a Zoloft-induced seizure that caused an armed stand off at his school. Michael Carneal (Ritalin), age 14, opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded.. A young man in Huntsville, Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and also killing one sibling and almost murdering another. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
i could not post the whole thing as it was over the amount of characters but its an interesting read on the link between ssris and mass shootings

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
SSRI's make people into weird robots....their whole personality disappears.

One of the common known side effects is suicide... don't understand why it's so shocking to think it makes you want to kill things.

They completely change a person, forever.

But then again, to get on a SSRI, you have to go to the doctor with a mental illness in the first place. Maybe they are just crazy from the get go. But I'd guess this isn't the case, like with Prozac.. The pill made them violent..or more violent than normal.

edit on 16-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

"Mental illnesses" that people are put on these for are very broad...... And good chunk of them not a very good reason. Such as normal human reactions, like grieving over a loss of a loved one. Or feeling like total crap because you are being picked on day in and day out from your peers.
edit on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:23:53 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by R_Clark

So people who are put on ANTI-psychotics for being a danger to themselves or others.... they dont take their medication... and then kill people.

This is the fault of the medicine how?

SSRI's induce suicidal thoughts in people that went to the doctor for depression or anxiety. You would think well they were crazy in the first place and that it wasn't the pills.... but that wasn't the case. This is why Prozac got sued. It was the pill making people suicidal and violent...

Early cases involved allegations over violent side effects. Lawsuits alleged that Eli Lilly was grossly negligent because it failed to properly warn doctors and consumers about the dangers. In patients with no chemical imbalance, the drug appears to create an imbalance, leading to an increased risk of suicidal thoughts and violent behavior. In fact, the drug came under widespread scrutiny during the 1990s after several Prozac patients hurt themselves or others. These people were reportedly free from suicidal or violent tendencies before taking Prozac.

In 1992, a federal judicial panel moved federal Prozac cases to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana. By 2000, Eli Lilly had reportedly paid more than $50 million to settle more than 30 Prozac lawsuits related to murders or suicides. More settlements followed.

www.drugwatch.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yup. You can basically go to a doctor and say "I'm sad" and walk out with an SSRI prescription or other drug.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
As someone with experience taking SSRI's and other psychotropic meds, I can attest to the fact that some change your personality drastically. I was put on a med recently that I took for two weeks. I went from being depressed and slightly withdrawn to agitated, belligerent, and downright mean. The weird thing is that I could observe my behavior from the inside and watch myself do and say things I would NEVER do or say. And yet, I was unable to curb the behavior even though I knew it was unacceptable. It wasn't that I didn't WANT to change the behavior - it literally happened as if it were not part of me.

All I can say is be very careful when contemplating messing around with your brain chemistry - even if you are mentally disturbed. Just a slight imbalance can cause really horrible results.

I won't say that these types of meds haven't helped some people... It's a crapshoot as to whether or not it will work on you though.

I found that with proper supplementation and my getting off sugar made a huge difference in my brain chemistry...

edit on 16-1-2013 by JimmyNeutron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
My child was having all sorts of issues -- OCD, depression, anger, getting picked on at school, "ADHD" (distractability, disorganization, etc.), short attention span--and then started with anxiety. Of course, as a parent, I want my child to be happy, healthy, feel good about self...school is on my rear about my her emotions, clowning, distractability, sloppy handwriting - you name it.

When I finally had to take her for counseling due to some severe. crippling OCD issues (handwashing, etc.), her child pyschologist says she needs meds (also diagnoses ADHD), and that she can't help her with counseling. With OCD issues accelerating (around age 10-11), she is off to a child pyschiatrist, who puts her on SSRI for "anxiety" - saying ADHD symptoms are caused by untreated anxiety. In meantime, neurologist says she's ADHD, and anxiety is caused by untreated ADHD. Psych says, no, you give her ADHD drugs and you'll worsen the anxiety. One points the finger at the other.

After only 2 months on SSRI, child gets "activated" by the drug -- violent, suicidal. Taken off immediately. Psych says, can't help her--she needs counseling. What a load of crap. Money wasted, time off work/school, and a child who almost went off the deep-end due to SSRI--for what? Tried Wellbutrin -- no help. Tried other stuff - no help. Ended up using homeopathy to help alleviate OCD symptoms, although other issues remained.

Now, trust me, I didn't want to put her on meds in the first place--but she was getting worse and worse and I was feeling like a bad parent for clinging to the "no meds" rule that I had. But the SSRIs - what a nightmare. In teenage years, I finally gave in and tried the ADHD drugs for her for a very short time (months only) -- another nightmare, just became agitated, violent. These are horrible, horrible drugs prescribed for so many kids.

What I've come to realize is that food (preservatives, GMOs, you name it) and water (flouride) and god knows what else is impacting everyone, including our children. And the stifling, mind-numbing school system is dutifully churning out good little slaves that conform--and my child just wasn't going to conform; she is creative, independent thinker, challenges authority, smart as smart can be. Fast forward, no meds, no more "experts" -- and learning to find her way in her own way.

I truly wonder how many of these poor children who hurt classmates and family members are really screwed up due to poorly prescribed meds. And how sad that articles about this disappear.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yeah, it was posted on the 15th.

I still havent heard any explanations about this though:
edit on 16-1-2013 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

It's not the medication itself, it's the withdrawing mostly. They're supposed to help in balancing different hormones and neurotransmitters and end up doing just that but in a chaotic manner. While withdrawing, the brain is can't produce it's own dopamine and serotonine anymore, it takes a while before it comes back.
edit on 16-1-2013 by sebHFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
My child was having all sorts of issues -- OCD, depression, anger, getting picked on at school, "ADHD" (distractability, disorganization, etc.), short attention span--and then started with anxiety. Of course, as a parent, I want my child to be happy, healthy, feel good about self...school is on my rear about my her emotions, clowning, distractability, sloppy handwriting - you name it.

When I finally had to take her for counseling due to some severe. crippling OCD issues (handwashing, etc.), her child pyschologist says she needs meds (also diagnoses ADHD), and that she can't help her with counseling. With OCD issues accelerating (around age 10-11), she is off to a child pyschiatrist, who puts her on SSRI for "anxiety" - saying ADHD symptoms are caused by untreated anxiety. In meantime, neurologist says she's ADHD, and anxiety is caused by untreated ADHD. Psych says, no, you give her ADHD drugs and you'll worsen the anxiety. One points the finger at the other.

After only 2 months on SSRI, child gets "activated" by the drug -- violent, suicidal. Taken off immediately. Psych says, can't help her--she needs counseling. What a load of crap. Money wasted, time off work/school, and a child who almost went off the deep-end due to SSRI--for what? Tried Wellbutrin -- no help. Tried other stuff - no help. Ended up using homeopathy to help alleviate OCD symptoms, although other issues remained.

Now, trust me, I didn't want to put her on meds in the first place--but she was getting worse and worse and I was feeling like a bad parent for clinging to the "no meds" rule that I had. But the SSRIs - what a nightmare. In teenage years, I finally gave in and tried the ADHD drugs for her for a very short time (months only) -- another nightmare, just became agitated, violent. These are horrible, horrible drugs prescribed for so many kids.

What I've come to realize is that food (preservatives, GMOs, you name it) and water (flouride) and god knows what else is impacting everyone, including our children. And the stifling, mind-numbing school system is dutifully churning out good little slaves that conform--and my child just wasn't going to conform; she is creative, independent thinker, challenges authority, smart as smart can be. Fast forward, no meds, no more "experts" -- and learning to find her way in her own way.

I truly wonder how many of these poor children who hurt classmates and family members are really screwed up due to poorly prescribed meds. And how sad that articles about this disappear.

Spot on

They want all children to be the same, even if it means chemicaly altering their minds. The world is a corporation and corporations want the maximum profit possible, and its achieved by creating a class of human that will conform and work for peanuts, and then die an early death when they become too old to be of use.
We are slaves, while those at the top live in total parradise.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebHFX
reply to post by capone1

It's not the medication itself, it's the withdrawing mostly. They're supposed to help in balancing different hormones and neurotransmitters and end up doing just that but in a chaotic manner. While withdrawing, the brain is can't produce it's own dopamine and serotonine anymore, it takes a while before it comes back.
edit on 16-1-2013 by sebHFX because: (no reason given)

Not so!
Do some research and you'll find just about all those who kill, or kill themselves were on normal to large doses.
Most who come off the evil drugs say they started to feel better almost right away.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
The fact that an extreme effort on eliminating this story from public view tells much about the nature of the political purpose to which these tragedies is being put.

and how many times has a story been eliminated on this site? huh?!?

I would bet many more times than in the regular media.

and really....they didn't go to that extreme of an effort...it still shows up on google.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My 2 cents. I've battled depression several different times in my life. SSRI's work for me, beautifully. I have been fortunate to have quality, concerned Psychiatrists.

Too many medical professionals hand out these drugs for all the wrong reasons. Personally, I don't believe a GP should ever prescribe a SSRI. No Psychiatrist should ever place a patient on these without a complete evaluation and careful monitoring for side effects.

It is highly probable that adolescents do not have the mental maturity or self awareness to identify negative reactions to these types of drugs. It is also highly probable that our young people are being way overly medicated for all sorts of personality/learning disorders.

There is credible evidence that for many people changes in chemical exposure can be completely healing. (food preservatives, household chemicals,etc)

Many of the posts in this thread really exemplify a huge part of the problem with mental illness in the US.... people just don't really understand what exactly mental illness is. Mental illness doesn't mean psychotic. Assuming that anyone who has ever taken medication for a mental disorder is dangerous is simply ludicrous, and insulting.

The reality is that doctors are simply throwing pills at mental illnesses hoping that they happen to throw one that will help that person for a while. There are no "cures" and perhaps that's where this dialogue needs to move. SSRI's are the best available for some people, but are obviously far from perfect. It's time we push for more research into the actual causes of mental disorders/disabilities rather then simply trying to "manage" them. ALL causes, including environmental ones. It's also way past time for some serious research into the long term dangers of having young people, while still developing, on these type of medicines. Also, it is high time that we all work to truly remove the stigma of mental illness.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
To the above posters.. these medications are dangerous.. specifically when mental illness isnt properly diagnosed and psychiatric meds are handed out by general practitioners, pediatricians, etc.. and prescribed by a little booklet given to them by the pharmaceutical co. There is a HUGE problem with actually diagnosing mental illness by physicians who ARE NOT qualified to do so.

And when they are mixed. Multiple drugs are supplied to many who are deemed mental,bi polar, depression, insomnia etc... the interaction with processed food.

I will add this: For five years I have been eating foods that are not processed mostly organic veggies, and home grown beef, pork and chickens. And usually I have very few dreams or nightmares. Recently about two months now I began eating some processed foods and eating out a little more do to a change in our environment. Now I have been having very disturbing dreams that border on psychotic nightmares.

For example just this week I had a dream I was with someone else to investigate the handling of funds of a mental hospital in which the director housed the patients in a small gray cinder block building while his house and research facility was fancy and huge. Located on a mountain with lots of cliffs around it winding road leading up to it and a grassy knoll rolling behind it with caves and other small out buildings.

Then a very dangerous patient killed the the director and got away and was hiding in the hills around the facility at the time that guest were arriving to visit the research facility and hospital. these visitors were mysteriously disappearing and their skins were being used by this mental patient to masquerade in while their bones were used to burn fires to cook their flesh/meat from their bodies for the remaining guests to eat unknowingly.

Well as you can imagine this was getting really intense and I woke up. thank goodness I did as I was pretty much in a sweat and breathing heavy. what I wrote was just some of what I saw during this dream But I have at least 2 of them a week when eating processed foods.

My point being chemicals in our food can also be a part in all this as well. I am going back to fresh foods as much as possible and try not to eat much processed foods. Over the last ten years I have occasionally eaten processed foods because of being invited over for diner, and almost every time there are some very psychotic dreams from it with murders and really weird stuff. If I had money I could produce movies from these dreams I have had.

edit on 16-1-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's a huge list so I will just post a piece of it and then link to the rest, but I think it's really important.
This was the last post of that rifle manufacturer that died in the car accident. It paints a pretty clear picture. I honestly think these drugs are the problem. Guns have always been with us, mass shooters however, seeem to be a more recent phenomenon (at least how common they have become that is).

Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather's girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.

Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.

Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.

Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.

Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.

Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.

Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.

Michael Carneal (Ritalin), age 14, opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded..

James Wilson, age 19, (various psychiatric drugs) from Breenwood, South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two teachers.

Elizabeth Bush, age 13, (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California

Jarred Viktor, age 15, (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.

Chris Shanahan, age 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.

The list is muuch longer, and includes the Columbine killers. It concludes by asking what meds these most recent attackers might have been taking. Good question don't you think?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

I've heard an explanation. They found a shotgun in the trunk, just like is shown in the video and just like they say in many many articles.

The gun you are looking at there is a semi auto shotgun called a Saiga.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Too bad they haven't figured out how to reduce anxiety without affecting the mechanism behind the inhibitions that cause internal conflict and thus anxiety. With those inhibitions gone that keep bad thoughts and behavior in check, what's likely to happen sooner or later? Not to mention it appears there is some loss of ability to judge risk. It appears people on these drugs are a lot more open to suggestion, and some of which may be from their own subconsious. (I mention subconscious, because everyone has those random fleeting "what if?" thoughts that are quickly dismissed as pretty terrible or stupid right away.) Perhaps it doesn't take too much alteration of brain chemistry to make somebody that was asocial and avoiding their stressors turn antisocial by taking them head-on.

At least that's what it looks like to this layman.

Apparently the drugs can't achieve their goal without defeating some other internal psycho-chemistry mechanism which should be left in place. Thus treatment and use of such drugs should be somewhat more heavily monitored until doctors and pharmacologists actually have better understanding of what mechanisms in terms of brain chemistry. (This stuff probably has more in common with early '___' research than they're letting the public in on, just more subtle and without the obvious hallucinations.) Drugs with this kind of potential to disrupt nomal behavior shouldn't be regarded or prescribed in a casual manner.

A better route might be teaching people to deal with their own stress or allowing them to take more time out (more quiet downtime to collect ones thoughts, do meditation, etc.), rather than eliminating the biological mechanism that causes stress but otherwise acts a safeguard in terms of being rational and living compatably within society.

The only upside to this is that if we do learn to better understand the bio-chemical mechanisms for inhibition affected by anti-anxiety meds, we might find some pharmalogical means to treat sociopathic disorders with people that normally don't hold back. Induce a feeling of anxiety in those that need it? May it be possible to have "guilt" or "a conscious" in a pill? Just a thought. (But even that could be abused, considering the ramifications and who determines whether such treatment is necessary.)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Isnt the nature of these drugs (the effect you are looking for) is "not to care" anymore aka "disconnected from reality"? A term used to describe literally every single mass shooter.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Except his mother didn't own a semi-automatic Saiga...Where did he get it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join