It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbes Article "Conveniently" DELETED Yesterday Claims SSRIU Drugs Caused Sandy Hook And Others

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by HomerinNC

A handful of people doesn't cancel out a long list of people who say otherwise...Just a bit of food for thought before you proclaim it to be 'utter BS' in simply your own experiences...

If I say I've never seen anything meditating, does that cancel out the people who have seen stuff or experienced 'events'...No...

Analogies are useful!

Yes I CAN CALL BS, you have what, 5 people...10 AT THE MOST that have done this, if 10% of the population is on these meds, and the meds are the problem, why arent there mass shootings EVERYDAY and on a MUCH BIGGER SCALE???
ANSWER THAT!!!
You cant, because IT IS BS, the meds are NOT the problem, its the individuals THEMSELVES that are the problem, they are predisposed to violence

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Thank you. Yes I'm new but have been lurking for years. Sorry for not doing it right. Thanks for the help. (not meant to sound sarcastic if it does)

:-)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by generik

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Current stats show around 10% of USA population on anti-depressants. Which translates to roughly 30 million people taking them. Correlation is not causation. To attribute SSRIs to causation you would have to address the fact the VAST majority of Americans on these meds are not going on killing sprees.

so because 30,000,000 people use these drugs yet don't ALL "freak out", there is no problem? well what if say the issue only occurs to 1% of them? that is 1 in 100 people affected, really not a bad sounding thing is it? yet that would be 300,000 people affected. lets go to say only .01% of all that take these meds go nuts and go on killing sprees, that is ONLY 1 person in 10,000 that goes berserk, that really doesn't sound that bad, but that is STILL 3,000 people going on killing sprees, which is way too much. thing is even if it only affects a SMALL portion of those who take the meds, it STILL a BIG ISSUE. it is something that really needs to be looked at seriously.

I want everyone to think about something very hard.............if there is any type of mass civil unrest in this country and it lasts any length of time.....what do you think happens to not only those on prescriptions but those addicted to cigarettes, alcohol, etc. etc. etc. Millions of out of their mind dangerous zombies roaming the streets.......and the MSM is clueless as to why we need our guns and ammo.......now does everyone understand why the govt just bought over a BILLION rounds of ammo?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Correlation does not equal causation.

It stands to reason that most people who are clinically depressed or have some diagnosed psychological issue will be taking a prescription medication. The big question is; are there less instances of violence AFTER using the drug for this population than before taking in other factors?

While we know that a lot of depressed people take anti-depressents, we don't know if anti-depressents cause Psychosis. We do know however, that 100% of gun-related violence occurs with a gun, and psychotic individuals getting guns is a bad mix.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ted4d
And my doctor recommended I came off SSRI so your post is not accurate (lies). Or maybe he's not in the NWO and wants the profit? Prhaps he's just actually a Doctor tying to figure out what to do for the best? Perhaps I should show him this thread and enlighten him on his bad ways so he can prescribe me more so I can't get off them and keep annoying him every week because he has nothing better to do.

BS stinks on here and I call is smelly BS. it's moronic. Have you actually taken any SSRI's ?SSRUI's whatever the fk they are?

How can someone make such a pathetic post and even call them SSRIU's- theyt dont exist - it's a MADE UP WORD !!! (acronim)

OMFG freaky conspiracy bullcrap stinks

----------

I made some post mistakes which I have comments on, but does anyone have a comment on my post? I'm asking foor a reply please. help me unserstand.

edit on 17-1-2013 by ted4d because: spelling again

edit on 17-1-2013 by ted4d because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2013 by ted4d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

So basically, there are a billion rounds of ammo on the chance that all those Prosac and Cigarette smoking people are going to turn into zombies if the infrastructure collapses? None of the drug addicted masses is going to have guns? And we expect to miss 4 times for every Zombie we encounter?

I just want to get this straight, so I know what the SANE people with lots of guns are thinking. Carry on. I'm sure this whole issue of drug control will be solved by more people talking about the Zombie apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I personally have known 4 people who committed suicide and were on those types of medications.

Military wives get sad when their spouses are deployed over and over again......and the wives killed themselves.

The only good drug for depression that won't make you suicidal is Marijuanna. All the Pharma made drugs have altered the chemical balance in peoples brains and made them suicidal. EVERY SINGLE drug they make for depression can be linked to suicides.

There are mountains of evidence to prove depression pills have led to thousands of suicides year after year.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

A handful of people doesn't cancel out a long list of people who say otherwise...Just a bit of food for thought before you proclaim it to be 'utter BS' in simply your own experiences...

If I say I've never seen anything meditating, does that cancel out the people who have seen stuff or experienced 'events'...No...

Analogies are useful!

Yes I CAN CALL BS, you have what, 5 people...10 AT THE MOST that have done this, if 10% of the population is on these meds, and the meds are the problem, why arent there mass shootings EVERYDAY and on a MUCH BIGGER SCALE???
ANSWER THAT!!!
You cant, because IT IS BS, the meds are NOT the problem, its the individuals THEMSELVES that are the problem, they are predisposed to violence

Great point! You've just neatly described how statistics factors in and just because we've seen Psychotic people on drugs, that doesn't mean that drugs makes people Psychotic. Awesome!

But what we are seeing is that Gun advocates are grasping for reasons NOT to have gun control. Sure, the "individuals" are responsible. But we are a nation of over 300 million individuals with access to guns. I'm not sure an assault weapons ban will solve anything -- I'd rather see all guns brought in and get some kind of isotope tracker on them to make detection and tracking bullets easier. Everybody law-abiding shouldn't worry and if the SHTF -- nobody is going to care about guilt or innocence anymore. We just need a more rational debate on the issue.

It would help if Gun advocates NOT try and make conspiracy theories and make rational efforts to deal with the issue of crazy people and Mexican drug cartels using Americans to buy assault weapons and ship them South. It's not reasonable to think that everything is going to stay the same with Guns in the USA. So what is the LEAST ONEROUS thing we can do that solves MOST of the problem?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

S&F I believe this is very true.

Now consider the number of young people, kids, and adults who are prescribed these medications and taking them right now. Are they ticking time-bombs for the day they stop taking them?

Add the number of people who live in rural areas and have not been socialized, perhaps they were raised by anarchists or white supremacists and are a little off themselves. They haven't sought medical help.

Add the number of people who just plain flip out and have a weapon handy. Your crimes of passion and convenience. Add rape and robbery at gunpoint. Home invasion and car jacking.

These are the people whose hands we have to keep guns out of.

So doesn't re-instating a Federal Assault Weapons Ban make sense?

Doesn't abiding by the laws we already have concerning background checks make a whole lot of sense too?

Shouldn't we demand the laws on the books be followed?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
I personally have known 4 people who committed suicide and were on those types of medications.

Military wives get sad when their spouses are deployed over and over again......and the wives killed themselves.

The only good drug for depression that won't make you suicidal is Marijuanna. All the Pharma made drugs have altered the chemical balance in peoples brains and made them suicidal. EVERY SINGLE drug they make for depression can be linked to suicides.

There are mountains of evidence to prove depression pills have led to thousands of suicides year after year.

Messing up with SSRIs can be dangerous. However, I think we need to deal with the huge burden on military families; we don't give them enough infrastructure support -- it should be a duty of America that nobody who has to leave a family when they fight overseas needs to worry about getting their home foreclosed. Also -- some people are on 10 tours of duty -- how is that not some form of incarceration or slavery at some point?

I would agree that Marijuana and a lot of "illegal drugs" could be better than the antidepressants in some cases. These drugs can be dangerous -- but I'm not sure if they make suicide MORE likely with depressed people. Depression really sucks -- and it can lead to suicide without any drugs whatsoever.

The Troops who are committing suicide is at record levels -- and that's probably more about guilt and stress than drugs because I don't think they are very forthcoming to seek psychiatric treatment and medication because it's bad for their record (I'm just basing that on what I've read on the issue).

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Analogies are useful!

ANSWER THAT!!!

Everyone's body is different, to assume a blanket reaction every time is pretty absurd unless you have lots and lots of controlled test cases.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by surfin4it

I still think that it is worth researching is the first step in seeing what is causing some of the so called mental health issues is the eating of processed foods. www.abovetopsecret.com...

After eating these foods over a long period of time with the dreams like the one I had in the post above would be enough to start one to down a road of psychotic events. then he goes tot he Doc and he gives him drugs to sleep without dreaming, or prozac or mood altering drugs then that leads down the road to personality disorders and then a eventual snap.

I do believe that processed food are some of the problems.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by R_Clark

Ooooooooooo, I dunno about the suicide rates being linked to these drugs in the military, but it is shocking to see the correlation between SSRI's and Murder.

It seems more often than not, military suicide is linked to soldiers not receiving care due to their stressful duties(PTSD), Depression, remorse, so on, so on.

People who are taking these medication are taking them for a reason. To claim that the medications actually cause them to commit murder is ridiculous and baseless.

Maybe it has more to do with the medications not working and their condition. What is to say they wouldnt have commited the crime if they never too the medications, or how many of these medications have actually stopped people from committing crimes.

I am sorry but you are wrong. Most people who are taking these medications don't need them. Everyone who is depressed or has ADHD does not need medication. I took my step daughter off it when she came to me against doctors orders. She had ADHD so I signed her up for Soccer. Turns out Soccer, love, and Patience worked far better than the crap that was making her depressed, have nightmares, and be quick to anger.

If you're not hearing voices, or your not suicidal, than the condition you have is called life. Bi Polar is BS. I have known way to many people who say they are Bi Polar. First they do not CT scan of the brain, second everyone is Bi Polar to some extent. We all live through lives ups and downs.

We don't need a pill that not only deadens our downs but practically eliminates the highs. The highs in life are what is worth living for. Clouding the mind with drugs to stay in a constant state of emotionless life does not cure anything. Friends, family, and love is what it takes to cure depression. The problem is we have become a selfish culture where it is easier to prescribe a pill than it is to give a crap about each other.

SSRIU are research medications at best. We have allowed ourselves to be test subjects long enough. If your child is hard to deal with love them more, don't medicate them more. If you have depression reache out to your friends and family, not a pill.

We are turning hyper children, depressed teenagers, overworked fathers, and underappreciated mothers into lifeless psychotics by giving them pills to cover up the real problems.

This is my opinion based on the many friends and family members who have taken these. Everyone I have been able to convince to stop has thanked me for it. It is better to be high and low than to be depressed but too drugged to comprehend life. These medications don't make people happier, they make them less aware and less in touch with reality.

If your hearing voices or feel like you are a danger to yourself or others than by all means you need help. And if medicine helps than by all means you should take it every day.

Everyone else just stop, your normal. ADHD normal for many kids. BI - Polar, normal especially in middle age women who are going through hormonal changes. Depression, normal for the overworked, underappreciated, unloving generation that we have become. We need to love each other. We need to reinforce family. We need to put down the cell phone, turn off the TV, and spend time with each other.

We were created to be a family and have friends. We are supposed to spend quality time with each other. We are not supposed to shut ourselves in our houses and rooms and allow technology to be are only source of life. We need to reintroduce ourselves to humanity. We need to come together daily so that we can talk about life together.

We need entire communities to come together and get to know about each other. We need to talk so that we can realize that all of the things we are feeling are common to the majority. I read a study that over 50% of all middle aged women are classified depressed. This cannot be the cause of a brain disorder; it is the cause of a social disorder. No amount of medication will cure the social disorder. We collectively can cure the social disorder.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by R_Clark

S&F I believe this is very true.

Now consider the number of young people, kids, and adults who are prescribed these medications and taking them right now. Are they ticking time-bombs for the day they stop taking them?

Add the number of people who live in rural areas and have not been socialized, perhaps they were raised by anarchists or white supremacists and are a little off themselves. They haven't sought medical help.

Add the number of people who just plain flip out and have a weapon handy. Your crimes of passion and convenience. Add rape and robbery at gunpoint. Home invasion and car jacking.

These are the people whose hands we have to keep guns out of.

So doesn't re-instating a Federal Assault Weapons Ban make sense?

Doesn't abiding by the laws we already have concerning background checks make a whole lot of sense too?

Shouldn't we demand the laws on the books be followed?

Obama hasn't been following the law in legislating by executive order his sweeping new laws on gun control

Obama has violate many laws on the books and no one demanding he follow those.

If you are going to demand the laws be followed then let's start with your president.

edit on 17-1-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Same sort of unsubstantiated retractions happened at the times of the Aurora shootings. I feel that unexplained deletion of data is a definite indicator of cover-ups or agenda driven info being manipulated right in front of our eyes. I don't buy the excuse that the journalists and news agencies fear their credibility being tarnished. It's less credible to report on something and delete it without any further mention than it is to report something and delete it with an explanation. This happens all the time and with closer examination of these sort of things you'll start to see the forest through the trees. I am pretty skeptical of a lot of things, but when I've seen this same thing happen SEVERAL times, it is no longer coincidence.

Thread examining the same sort of thing happening during the Aurora Shootings.

edit on 17-1-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

I would say agenda driven Info above cover up

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LostCompletely

Everyone's body is different, to assume a blanket reaction every time is pretty absurd unless you have lots and lots of controlled test cases.

Correct, so again you cant throw a blanket statement saying these meds are causing the problem when you have millions of people on them and only a handful flipped out, so to speak

But I can see what I say is pretty much being ignored, people here are gonna believe what they wanna believe, and god help you if you go against what THEY believe, even if you have facts and FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with the facts

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I agree. It's definitely agenda driven in this instance. There are cover-ups that use this same tactic too. It's easy to do and most people would be none the wiser. If questions are asked in the future and all remnants are gone, no retractions were even present, then the outlets can simply say it never happened without evidence.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

Yupper. I did that too, for a while. I did a "clinical trial" for Zyban, and I had never felt lower in my life. I am not the type of person to consider suicide, but it had me thinking nasty thoughts every other minute. I quit doing it without even going back to the doctor that prescribed it to me. Not only that, but it did not help me quit smoking at all. Did nothing to curb my cravings whatsoever. The "side effects" were the only effects that made their presence felt with me.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I've honestly felt that these stories are shaped by agenda for a long time. In a way they're all narratives used to support an argument or idea. The stories are shaped to fit what will push the agenda best. I don't think this is news to anyone, but now we're actually seeing evidence of this happening. This sort of evidence is crucial in showing the skeptics the truth. It opened my eyes more when I actually witnessed it. That is for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join