It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in need of a mason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Before I get to the purpose of this post I will give a bit of information about myself. My name is Justin, I'm an 20 eyar old college student from Tucson, Arizona. I am currently attending the University of Arizona, pursuing a degree in computer science.

I have been interested in Masonry for a while. I finally decided I would take the next step, but after a bit of research I learned that you must be recommended by two masons that have known you for at least six months. Here in lies the problem, I don't know any mason. I have "looked" for them in my day to day activities, but only resulted in failure. I am aware that I may contact the Lodge and they will meet with me on a regular basis. Before I take that route, I was wondering there are any Masons in my city & state(Tucson, Arizona) that I could meet with and get to know. Any help would be great. U2U's or a reply here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-Justin

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well, I was in the same situation a while back when I joined. Now, my father is a mason, but he cannot recommend me as I was in Japan and they live in the states. So, I contacted the lodge and met with actually the Master and Immediate Past Master. I asked a bunch of questions about masonry I explained about myself, they did the same thing and we had a great meeting. Over the next few weeks, I talked with them on an off and let them know of my continued interest. They gave me the forms and all is history now. Just meeting masons in Tuscon may or may not be enough, unless they are in the same lodge you would like to join or they know someone in the lodge you would like to join. I would say that just going to the Lodge or contacting them is the best way.
]
Good Luck with your journey and I wish you all the luck. If you have any questions on Masonry, please do not hesitate to ask by posting or U2U me.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thank you very much JCMinJapan, I apprecicate the info. =)

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Why don't you try a Masonic forum?
Posting to a conpiracy theory/secret societies forum seems a bit daft unless you actually want to join some sort of nutbar Satanic mind-control cult.
Then again...knock yourself out.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Posting to a conpiracy theory/secret societies forum seems a bit daft unless you actually want to join some sort of nutbar Satanic mind-control cult.

. . . . Only the oldest, largest fraternity in the world . . . .

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Oh, I dunno. Given the number of real Masons who hang around here, it's not a BAD place to ask, y'know?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

EXCEPT that he got the answer that he was looking for HERE... you gotta do something about that chip on your shoulder...

as for nutbar satanic mind control cults, i guess if that is what YOU want, you could always look at FW... that site seems pretty satanic and evil...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Do a websearch for a forum called "The Lodge Room", it comes first on a google search. It is run by masons. Maybe that will give you more ideas for your "research".

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

So what you're saying is that for legitimate information he should try a Masonic forum...and that the info provided here isn't legit?

That's interesting necros. Looks like you realize there IS legitimacy to Masonry after all and it's not the horrible organization you've been calling it all along.

Thanks for directing him to a real Masonic site. Who knows, he might make a good Mason. You could have actually just done something productive on this board.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Here are a number of web forums They are populated by masons, with a few non Mason observers.

www.masonic-chat.com...

www.thefreemason.com...

www.thelodgeroom.com...

www.mason-defender.net...

www.freemasons-united.com...

Most have what are termed Tiled areas, ( Closed areas ) so access to those areas is granted if you are in that particular degree.

However I must agree with a previous poster, you are getting some really good insights into Freemasonry here at ATS.

top topics

join