It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Calls obama a hypocrite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I did a search for this and didn't see it posted if so delete,

The folks at the NRA send us a link to their latest campaign Stand and Fight and this is the first of their videos in that campaign.

thisainthell.us...

I think this video says a lot really, all of em are hypocrites, what do you think about this good or bad?
edit on 16-1-2013 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Politicians lie and obfuscate. That's what they do.

Hypocrisy is the default setting.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Sadly what they say is true. I don't like the fact that they stooped to mud slinging, and didn't take the high road while making this ad however. They could have made the same points and maybe more so with out the attack style of the message.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't like the way that came off, but it most certainly correct.

But it is not just the President. Look at all the "Stars" that speak out against guns, yet have armed guards.

It's just stupid. If you have an armed guard, just shut up.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Mud slinging is the only thing that works apparently. The Democrat party and the media in general use it to great effect. The calm voice of reason is no longer listened to. Turn about is fair play and apparently the only way to get anyone to listen anymore. I don't care for it but i see it for what it is.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
He is a hypocrite,
www.foreignpolicy.com...

This year was no different. The State Department's Military Assistance Report on June 8 stated that it approved $44.28 billion in arms shipments to 173 nations in the last fiscal year, including some that struggled with human rights problems. These nations include the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Israel, Djibouti, Honduras, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Bahrain.

Three nations with records of suppressing democratic dissent in the last year -- Algeria, Egypt, and Peru -- are listed in the report as recently receiving U.S. firearms, armored vehicles, and items from a category that includes chemical and riot control agents like tear gas. The State Department confirmed that U.S. tear gas was delivered to Egypt up to the end of November, but has declined to confirm it was also sent to Algeria and Peru.

The export of American arms to countries around the world -- what the State Department calls a tangible expression of American "partnership" -- is in fact booming. The commercial arms sales reviewed by the State Department reached $44.28 billion in fiscal year 2011, a $10 billion sales increase since 2010. Next year should see another increase of 70 percent, the department says.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Fantastic video. Its about time the ineffective sheepish PC rhetoric be put aside, and the truth laid bare.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Notice the picture of David Gregory in that video ad. His kids also attend the same very well protected Sidwell Friends school attended by the Obama girls. The school employs up to 11 armed guards PLUS the Secret Service Security detail for the Obama Girls. The same David Gregory who brandished an Illegal in D.C. 30 round Magazine on the air just to make a point. The same Gregory whose actions with the illegal magazine have been dismissed by local law enforcement. All in the name of journalistic hypocrisy I suppose.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's a bit of a tricky one really. Obama's kids are absolutely, 100% more in threat than an average American kid of their age. Obama himself is more in threat than average.

I realise it looks hypocritical, but I think it's a much too simplistic point.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

That is why his kids have a personal Secret Service detail that would follow them to any school of their choice. In the case of Sidwell. The Service is there in addition to the payroll security staff and in the case of the Secret Service, they are armed with Sig P229 handguns and FN P90 sub-machine guns. So, anyone attending class with the Obama girls are getting double protection.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Good point, to be fair.

That said, I assume this school is private (UK here), so might it not just be the case that this school has armed guards anyhow due to it's private funding? I presume the security detail would concentrate on the Obama girls, rather than the rest of the school.

Anyhow, I'm not sure what I think to armed schools. Here in the UK it would be literally unthinkable, genuinely so, although I appreciate the situation in the US is very different.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I would like to point out that obama used our nations kids to get this gun crap bill pushed through, and how the EOs went from 19 to 23 EOs
sed the same

The NRA just pointed it out, and people are getting mad because the NRA used the same trick they use and they didn't like it.

new topics

top topics

join