It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF in Algeria (41 Hostages)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy

Originally posted by drakus
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Good to know you and your partner are safe and sound.
Are you planning on staying there?
It can't be easy...

edit on 17/1/2013 by drakus because: (no reason given)

Thank you, its not easy. We are just normal people (me being originally Canadian now an Algerian resident), and so are the most of people here. The people here hate these islamist extremists they have had 20 years of them, and will never identify with their mission, they want them out and thats why they are largely in the south now. This has been an ongoing fight to get rid of them. Its been an unfortunate few giving this country a bad rap though I must say in support of the gov here we have thus far avoided an uprising or revolution, and despite the problems if we pursue a path of peaceful reform, if it remains largely safe here we will stay. I live in a small town overlooking the med. sea, its peaceful here, but if it ever changed I would leave and largely everyone is watching what will happen in 2014 when the current president Bouteflika steps down. For now we are ok, (humdillil allah) thanks God.

It's awful, Algeria is one wonderful land, very rich history and culture, it's really sad how much her People have suffered.
The problem is, no "side" actually has it's People's best interests in mind.
As I said, a divided and unorganized People is weak, we are only strong when together.
I really hope the Algerians can overcome their fear and organize and retake their gov't for themselves in a peaceful way. (unlikely at the present..)
They could easily do it if the leeches would stay away for a couple years.

Good luck and take care.

PS: What does "humdillil allah" means?
edit on 17/1/2013 by drakus because: grammar is a harsh mistress

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Keep in mind that British Petroleum runs that location...and is faced with declining gas prices due to oversupply. a series of attacks on north african gas facilities would do wonders for their prices... just like the BP Gulf disaster.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Keep in mind that British Petroleum runs that location...and is faced with declining gas prices due to oversupply. a series of attacks on north african gas facilities would do wonders for their prices... just like the BP Gulf disaster.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy

Good to know you and your partner are safe and sound.
Are you planning on staying there?
It can't be easy...

edit on 17/1/2013 by drakus because: (no reason given)

Thank you, its not easy. We are just normal people (me being originally Canadian now an Algerian resident), and so are the most of people here. The people here hate these islamist extremists they have had 20 years of them, and will never identify with their mission, they want them out and thats why they are largely in the south now. This has been an ongoing fight to get rid of them. Its been an unfortunate few giving this country a bad rap though I must say in support of the gov here we have thus far avoided an uprising or revolution, and despite the problems if we pursue a path of peaceful reform, if it remains largely safe here we will stay. I live in a small town overlooking the med. sea, its peaceful here, but if it ever changed I would leave and largely everyone is watching what will happen in 2014 when the current president Bouteflika steps down. For now we are ok, (humdillil allah) thanks God.

It's awful, Algeria is one wonderful land, very rich history and culture, it's really sad how much her People have suffered.
The problem is, no "side" actually has it's People's best interests in mind.
As I said, a divided and unorganized People is weak, we are only strong when together.
I really hope the Algerians can overcome their fear and organize and retake their gov't for themselves in a peaceful way. (unlikely at the present..)
They could easily do it if the leeches would stay away for a couple years.

Good luck and take care.

PS: What does "humdillil allah" means?
edit on 17/1/2013 by drakus because: grammar is a harsh mistress

LOL, humdillilah is actually how its pronounced it means "thanks God". Yes I agree completely, its time to stop being afraid and direct this country on a peaceful path of reform. Other note, latest news, France 24 tv is reporting the Islamist militants were not Algerian. Reports are saying, Egyptian, one French, tunisian and Malian were among the militants who seized the compound. Well, thi certainly adds another twist. Now I wonder if cia is involved in this as well?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkstar57

Wellllllll, add what your saying to what I just said and we have a flase flag event and Algeria was a pawn then.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Also I've received notions that, the terrorists were trying to leave with the hostages, and perhaps the Algerian gov knew sadly to say this that the hostages were dead either way, even if they had let them leave, they would have been tortured and or killed anyway. Very tough position to be in.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ok France 24 tv is reporting the Islamic militants came from Libya, 3 Egyptians, 1 French, 2 from Tunisia.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Anyone find it odd that Algeria borders Libya, and Liba was overtaken by Obama backed al qaeda, and Libya borders Egypt. So, first Egypt, then Libya, now Algeria, is this a continuation of an African revolution?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't know but Algeria is the last remaining stronghold in the area, yah your right, Libya, Tunisia and Egypt have all had revolutions, now we are surrounded here by war in Mali and Niger, I really wonder if Algeria will be the next to fall in line or remain unaffected.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Who the hell let's the Algerian army run a show as delicate as a hostage crisis? Seriously man... When you really need NATO and they are nowhere to be seen... I mean I still can't believe it... The Algerian army... Might as well give RPGs to a pack of monkeys and let them loose in the facility... Jesus Christ...

Sometimes I do wonder how we got this far...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Hi Folks,

Well... Everything is still very unclear as to numbers of people freed, escaped or sadly killed in this situation, so i am not going to update today until things have become a little more precise.

However, last night after i signed off and when out for my last nicotine shoot i started quickly pondering whilst looking up into the night sky.

What if... what if... the reason that the Algerian army went in the whole hog was because other countries wanted this to happen?

Don't people out there find it very strange that TPTB in other countries kept their mouths clamped and only started making statements after the Algerian army went in?

What if?

Views and pertinent comments?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
30 hostages killed by the algerian special forces....

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

So that means we are seeing the first of the of repercussions for our destabilizing Libya. Looks like we are about to move this thing into Africa. China has a lot of interests there so that is probably why we turned Libya from a country into a terrorist training ground. They will destabilise the region, which will "force" us our presence there. Algeria is probably aware of this which is why they declined our assistance. Once you get us you can't get rid of us you know?

The picture is becoming clearer and clearer. Libya may very well have been a move against China for natural resources in Africa.
edit on 18-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Yah I too am wondering who really is behind this now, but one thing I do know is that the Algerians know for sure that exploitation is going on, and wherever France, UK, and USA are means problems.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Doing ok Rodinus, still processing all this information, still watching the situation as apparently its not finished now, so the reports that it was over were wrong. Usually when you get snow and cold, means it will hit us next, we always get your weather, lol, its freaking cold here right now, we are just keeping warm by the heater as the heating systems in Algeria are not the best, lol, though thank God I have a reversible air conditioner in my room. Bck to the subject, hopefullly Algeria tightens its borders, cause obviously if these militants came from Libya, they either allowed them in or security is an issue. It is understandable now why they have closed their border to Mali, though the silence is deafening even here. Why hasn't the president here issued any formal statements? Not cool.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Latest news, on France 24 tv, Islamic militants warn of further attacks, tell Algerians to leave foreign companies, and have named Hassi Messaud, where my husband is as a target, thats just great news.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

A London-based journalist tells Press TV that the French intervention in Mali against rebel forces will bring war into European countreis as well as Algeria.

Mali conflict will engulf European states:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WhySoBlinded

Well there are millions of Muslims in Europe, definitely more to come.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhySoBlinded
reply to post by Rodinus

A London-based journalist tells Press TV that the French intervention in Mali against rebel forces will bring war into European countreis as well as Algeria.

Mali conflict will engulf European states:

I'm telling you now that unless we are talking about Russia nothing will happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I was just checking in, to see if there was any "Real" news instead of what we are seeing on the news here in the US.
Sorry to hear they may target the area your husband is in. Have you been able to speak with him? Is it possible for him to come home for a bit?

I will keep you and yours in my thoughts.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join