It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF in Algeria (41 Hostages)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Everything is very vague at the moment, so many different sources are giving out different information.

The French Government are refusing to let any information at the moment for fear of reprisal but latest news on BFM states that combat planes may be involved and that the hostage takers are now threatening to blow up the plant if the army continues (this news is to be taken with a pinch of salt for the moment until confirmed)

I have heard that a Spanish petrol firm is evacuating its employees from other plants in Algeria to be on the safe side.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Are there any statements from the White House so far?

Take care

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kanbanozaurus
[more

Not too sure, i personally haven't seen anything on the internet.

Maybe if our US fellow ATSers can stop arguing on the Gun threads (J) and check what the USA has to say that would be great? (After all, US citizens are involved in this situation too).

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kanbanozaurus
Are there any statements from the White House so far?

Take care

There were earlier tweets that the Americans confirmed its citizens among hostages but that they could not confirm names or numbers due to the sensitivity surrounding the sitation atm. inagist.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

I have heard that a Spanish petrol firm is evacuating its employees from other plants in Algeria to be on the safe side.

BP are evacuating non-essential workers from Algeria as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Everything is very vague at the moment, so many different sources are giving out different information.

The French Government are refusing to let any information at the moment for fear of reprisal but latest news on BFM states that combat planes may be involved and that the hostage takers are now threatening to blow up the plant if the army continues (this news is to be taken with a pinch of salt for the moment until confirmed)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I read that too a company named Cesca from Spain is evacuating its employees, I don't blame them.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Cotton, do you have news as to if your husband will be evacuated too?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am wondering how much this may affect even Sonatrach the Algerian owned company, if they will also evacuate non essential staff.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Cotton, do you have news as to if your husband will be evacuated too?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I will find out in 2 hours when he calls, so far he said they have added security, and previously the gas field he is at was also partially owned by BP but they left this field just a few days ago, and so there is no longer any foreign nationals where my husband is working at Hassi Messaoud. I wouldnt rule out measures being taken there now as well as there has been previous kidnappings in this area too.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Mildly curious:

If different countries start evacuating gas fields/plants, isn't that giving in? Giving up?

Are we not doing exactly what we were told not to do on 9/12/2001? This isn't carrying on "business as usual", folks. This is letting terrorism win!

Just had to soap-box for a moment.

Being far removed from Mali (not that I could find it on a map), I am being insensitive. I apologize to those offended here. Western countries are giving Algeria the fuel. Algeria could easily, and profitably, sell to anyone. Or hoard. Or burn the fields, whatever.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

That's good to know... *Phew*

Well, time for me to go and get on with some things here at home, if i can pop on later on i will.

Take care to all

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
One other thot:

Doesn't the middle east have all the western countries spread pretty thin? Isn't this a war strategy? Wound one, when the "buddy" goes back to check him-kabluey! Only on more of a global scale?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

Actually Algeria's natural resources are dwindling, they are now exploring shale oil and how to convert it to natural gas though it is so damaging to the environment that they haven't thus far done it and are still researching so I can see how they woould consider their gas fields as precious. I seriously doubt they will evacuate Algerian staff cause what you say is right, they need to remain operational though maybe with limited staff and increased military presence.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
Mildly curious:

If different countries start evacuating gas fields/plants, isn't that giving in? Giving up?

Are we not doing exactly what we were told not to do on 9/12/2001? This isn't carrying on "business as usual", folks. This is letting terrorism win!

Just had to soap-box for a moment.

Being far removed from Mali (not that I could find it on a map), I am being insensitive. I apologize to those offended here. Western countries are giving Algeria the fuel. Algeria could easily, and profitably, sell to anyone. Or hoard. Or burn the fields, whatever.

I don't think you will be offending anybody with your comments SeenAlot.

Evacuating foreign personel in my eyes is purely a preventional security procedure to protect the lives of those involved in the event of an eventual attack. Also probably because foreign companies don't want to have blood of their employeeson their handstoo should the SHTF elswhere.

Taking into consideration the current situation with the French military in Mali i guess this would be a wise thing to do for soft targets situated in the area.

To find Mali just type the name out in Google maps (South West of Algeria)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thanks Rodinus for all your care. I just finished making cous cous, I will be in and out as well, see you in awhile!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Bon appetit Cotton

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just heard that Britain was not given prior notice of algerian operation, would have preferred to have been informed. Source: British PM's spokesman

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Bon appetit Cotton

merci Rodinus, I will, lol. You too.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It does come as a surprise that these Islamic radical militants/Demons would hold hostages.

It had never been their modus operandi, for suicide bombings is their forte.

Thus it proves one thing - these demons have a weakness - they fear death.

And it will be this weakness that can be exploited to maximum hilt - NO NEGOTIATIONS! Pressurize and Force them into the corner but give them one door out - unconditional surrender to face fair trial or face immenient death.

In the past, mankind do not have the means to deal with terrorists and had often drop to our knees and let them win, due to our weakness, for we WILL NOT WANT HARM to our loved ones or fellow citizens.

BUT today, we have surgical strike teams, that are fearless, whom can save hotstages and kill all terrorists. There are MANY MORE other cases that such teams had achieved such successes than failures as the one by the French in Somali.

Mankind will not be afraid. PRESSURIZE the demons to surrender or face death - the very weakness many of them have. We mankind have sophisticated tools to save ALL hostages and KILL all terrorists today.

May the demons make the right choice. Mankind is no longer as pathetically weak as it once was, for we had learnt and adapted, ever ready for the next encounter.

edit on 17-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Latest head lines:

REPORT: Hostages held in Algeria killed...
BLOODBATH: Helicopters strafe gas plant in desert...
Fate of 7 Kidnapped Americans Unknown...
Hostages 'made to wear explosives'...
Obama, Clinton Silent on Crisis...
LATEST: Some 'escape Islamist captors'...
Gunmen dubbed 'Signatories for Blood'...
One-eyed Jihadi leader...
Retaliation for France intervention in Mali...

go here for story on each: drudgereport.com...

So much to follow on this and so far away and lots of cooks in the kitchen. Bottom line me thinks is don't work in muslim counties that have lots of possible jihad problems of religion going berserk types. Stay in your own country. Money ain't crap if your dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join