It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF in Algeria (41 Hostages)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

So does that mean I shouldn’t have posted

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I need coffee... Urrgggh! viligance is slacking a wee bit methinks!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Fair enough I am just a sucker for the details and saw an opportunity to make a penis gag.

Any more information on how many hostages where released and their nationality I am reading anywhere between 15 and 30 just now.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Rodinus

Fair enough I am just a sucker for the details and saw an opportunity to make a penis gag.

Any more information on how many hostages where released and their nationality I am reading anywhere between 15 and 30 just now.

No worries Otherside, it can be helped if you have a tendence for phallic orientated convo.. *joke joke*

All that we are hearing for the moment over here on French tv BFM is that apparently the base is being bombed at this very moment but this info needs to be taken with precaution as the French Gvt are not letting too much info out for security reasons.

Cotton said earlier on if i remember correctly that 30 Algerian hostages have escaped and the news also talks about 15 foreign hostages escaping too.

Now... time to get that coffee!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Now france 24 is reporting 20-25 foreign hostages have escaped now, on tv.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Yes, heard the same thing here too.

Looks like the fight to hopefully save as many people as possible has started as they are now saying that not only are the Algerian helicopters bombing the site but they have also opened fire on the ground.

I am dubious as to the outcome here!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

just caught a snippet there on the news at one, apparently the Algerians are saying they are going to deal with this and have told the other states involved to back off however the British PM has offered assistance however this has been refused however apparently the government is making plans. There has been a COBRA meeting today and there will be one tomorrow.

However they are saying its unclear how many have escaped and who is still being held hostage

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The news source ANI are reporting 35 hostages and 15 islamists killed due to bombing

This looks bad

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

The Algerian government has confirmed that there is an on-going operation taking part at the facility.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

This is a pretty real time update :

inagist.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I just saw that on France 24 tv as well, this is really bad, and my heart is in my throat for these poor people, and thinking it could have been my husband.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
From Associated Press, algerian military helicopters strafed the gas complex. 35 hostages killed and 15 of the kidnappers.This is what a mauritanian news agency told AP

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Are we now saying that the Algerians have gone it alone and killed 35 hostages.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

My heart and thoughts go out to you Cotton, i hope that your husbands site has good security re-enforcement (and not only the Algerians security forces but the Gendarmerie too?)

I was sure in my mind last night that this would end up the way it is today!

Kindest regards

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Yes, you are correct Otherside

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I heard some rumours that french military could be involved, but that s really rumours at this time, no report.
All reports seem to confirm that only the algerian military is on site.
Reuters reports from a resident account that there are many casualties.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Britains confirm ongoing operation at gas plant. (AFP)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

It's crazy. The french are fighting the Al-Qaeda arm that was funded by the US to overthrow Gaddaffi a year and a half ago...and no doubt the guns they use may even be american!!!

Maybe it's just time to turn on Al-Qaeda again now that their usefulness has run its course.

It's crazy, it's like the ultimate chess game but both sides are being controlled by one player.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thank you, I hope so too or i will make him find a new job. From your link on live updates the Algerian FM is calling this all complete fantasy and that an airstrike hasnt happened? inagist.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Hmmmm *scratches head*

Things are coming in so quickly from different news sources that i would tend to go for the fact that the Algerian army have blundered in with the helicopters etc...

What gets me narked about this is why the Algerians didn't want other special forces from other countries involved!

Strange world we live in methinks!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join