It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF in Algeria (41 Hostages)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
It isn't over, it's just the beginning.

Mankind will no longer by intimidated by these Islamic radical demons whom are trying to destroy Islam as well as as their supporters who attempts to sow fear and myths.

Every beginning has an end, and an end a new beginning.

Einstein, a great scientist, had once said,'only fools will think that by repeating the same mistakes, they will get different results.'

911, hailed as the greatest achievement by those demons, happened. Today, mankind still stands, unafraid.

Afghanistan happened. AQ destroyed. Today, mankind still stands, unbowed and unkneeling.

The mess those demons had began in Algeria, had failed in its objectives. Any other foolish demon is welcome to try to the same, and will get the same result. There are more of us than them.

We have no more tears left to cry.

We are not intimidated. We stand ready. We will fear no more.

edit on 19-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
News are beginning to filter out to mainstream media that a 'final' assualt by the Algerian special forces started a few hours ago. The militants threatened to blow up the gas facility and kill all the hostages. Seems their demands were not met, which resulted in 11 of them dead but managed to kill 7 innocent humans first when the troops moved in.

These "militants" are terrorists affiliated with larger radical Islamic groups in Yemen, and part of the smaller affiliates in Libya. They are now all likely considered "glorious martyrs" who's deaths will be avenged. There is likely to be a flood of these "militants" into Algeria now from Libya, some could be well armed with U.S. made covertly supplied weapons left over from the Libyan conflict. Also some European cells will likely be activated and may launch terrorist attacks in Europe.

It isn't over, it's just the beginning.

edit on 19-1-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

Just a quick edit, France 24 tv changed their earlier report saying the terrorists came from Libya and now say they in fact came from northern Mali but I agree with you there will be vengeance, these terrorists are organized, and they most definitely thought this attack out.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy
I hope this never happens again, though I fear more to come. It just goes to show how much these terrorists really have no regard for life, even their own.

Hi all,

My thoughts go out to all those who have been touched by this tragedy and my thoughts equaally go out to all of those who are living in the various "Hotspots" throughout the world where this type of event is susceptible to happen.

As much as we can hope that this will never happen again, at the back of our minds i am sure that we all know very well that this is only the beginning of a very difficult new year 2013 where vigilance, diplomacy and tolerance need to be underlined.

I personally feel that Europe are going to suffer in some way or another because of the repercussions of this event and in a way i am glad not to be living in a large city where i would have to commute every day, (for info the first bomb scare this year in France took place in the Lyon underground yesterday evening).

Still waiting for the official press conference to be held so that we can have the correct numbers.

Kindest regards

Rodinus

Ps. Cotton, guess what we are having for an evening meal tonight?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Latest update...

The Algerian army has carried out a "final assault" on al-Qaeda-linked gunmen holed up in a desert gas plant, killing 11 of the Islamists after they took the lives of seven foreign hostages.

"It is over now, the assault is over, and the military are inside the plant clearing it of mines," a local source familiar with the operation said.

See link for more info : www.rte.ie...

Kindest resects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
Latest update...

The Algerian army has carried out a "final assault" on al-Qaeda-linked gunmen holed up in a desert gas plant, killing 11 of the Islamists after they took the lives of seven foreign hostages.

"It is over now, the assault is over, and the military are inside the plant clearing it of mines," a local source familiar with the operation said.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this situation.
The outcome was about as sickening as I could have imagined.
Know some people who were waiting to hear of two co-workers that were "on-loan" to that facility, as of yesterday.
Guess it doesn't really matter if they were among the 7 remaining hostages or not...in the grand scheme. Just sad for the families.
Best Regards.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
THATS how you end it, with death.

Let this be a warning that if you take hostages, you're dead. NO bargaining.
Who agrees?

LOVE this track. I'm friends with Helicopter Showdown.

edit on 19-1-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Latest update...

Kindest resects

Rodinus

This result sends a message to terrorists.
If you takeover another BP oil / gas installation, it won't end well.

They will think of something else.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

By the way, I just want to say that its really nice to come across a OP who sticks with a thread the way you have and be consistently civil to fellow members so I look forward to your future threads.

Feel Free to send me a U2U next time you start a thread and I will look it up.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Latest update...

Kindest resects

Rodinus

Hi Tau,

Unfortunately they will think of something else...

From what Cotton said in one of her earlier posts the plant where her husband works has tightened security, which i guess has also happened to all other plants in the region meaning that terrorists will probably think twice before trying this kind of intervention again in Northern Africa. Now i guess they will go back to cowardly bombing soft targets again!

What is also saddening about this intervention is when listening to MSM they discuss and underline the deaths of foreign hostages, but hardly nothing is said about the numerous Algerian hostages that were also killed!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy
I hope this never happens again, though I fear more to come. It just goes to show how much these terrorists really have no regard for life, even their own.

Hi all,

My thoughts go out to all those who have been touched by this tragedy and my thoughts equaally go out to all of those who are living in the various "Hotspots" throughout the world where this type of event is susceptible to happen.

As much as we can hope that this will never happen again, at the back of our minds i am sure that we all know very well that this is only the beginning of a very difficult new year 2013 where vigilance, diplomacy and tolerance need to be underlined.

I personally feel that Europe are going to suffer in some way or another because of the repercussions of this event and in a way i am glad not to be living in a large city where i would have to commute every day, (for info the first bomb scare this year in France took place in the Lyon underground yesterday evening).

Still waiting for the official press conference to be held so that we can have the correct numbers.

Kindest regards

Rodinus

Ps. Cotton, guess what we are having for an evening meal tonight?

I made quesra flatbread and spagetti, what did you for dinner tonight? I'm excited to hear!!! On a more somber note Rodinus I did mention on the other thread that was posted about the final assault, that had they actually read your thread they would know a US plane landed at the site yesterday so the final assault was not Algeria acting alone. www.foxnews.com... It has been a pleasure getting to know you during this unfortunate event, hope we see each other again in a not so tragic topic forum. Best wishes to you and your family, kindest respects, Tamara

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Rodinus

By the way, I just want to say that its really nice to come across a OP who sticks with a thread the way you have and be consistently civil to fellow members so I look forward to your future threads.

Feel Free to send me a U2U next time you start a thread and I will look it up.

Thank you very much for your kind comment Other, i am sincerely touched that this thread has touched and informed other people out here on our community, even if some of the updates were not 100% correct due to the confusing situation.

I too am truly warmed by the sincere, honest, tolerant and pertinent comments that have been posted by everyone on this thread.

Kindest regards to all

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Latest update...

Kindest resects

Rodinus

Hi Tau,

Unfortunately they will think of something else...

From what Cotton said in one of her earlier posts the plant where her husband works has tightened security, which i guess has also happened to all other plants in the region meaning that terrorists will probably think twice before trying this kind of intervention again in Northern Africa. Now i guess they will go back to cowardly bombing soft targets again!

What is also saddening about this intervention is when listening to MSM they discuss and underline the deaths of foreign hostages, but hardly nothing is said about the numerous Algerian hostages that were also killed!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Yah its like they are trying to paint a bad picture of the Algerian gov, and its biased thinking to think the Algerian gov doesn't care at all about human life. the general Muslim culture, who are normal people, who love their families, love the same God, and work hard to support them. I think most people don't understand Muslims are not jihadists and Algerians are generally quiet and private mostly. I can see it now, most of these people would have been relieved to be out of there to go home, they could have been on a 2 month on 2 week off roster, and be too happy to go to their family just like anyone else and be thanking Allah all the way home.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Thanks for the info Cotton aka "Tamara"

I am equally looking forward (hopefully on a much lighter aspect?) to reading and sharing thoughts with your threads.

I have to go now as wifey is nagging me to clear the snow and black ice off the patio *sighs*

Sound good what you are eating (send me a red cross parcel)

Talk to you soon

Warmest respects

Rodinus

Oh, by the way... Couscous

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Thanks for the info Cotton aka "Tamara"

I am equally looking forward (hopefully on a much lighter aspect?) to reading and sharing thoughts with your threads.

I have to go now as wifey is nagging me to clear the snow and black ice off the patio *sighs*

Sound good what you are eating (send me a red cross parcel)

Talk to you soon

Warmest respects

Rodinus

Oh, by the way... Couscous

Good for you!!! Bismillah (Blessings be to God) for the beautiful food!!! Black ice is dangerous, wifey is right! TTYS

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Holy crap!! Just found out a family friend was one of the survivors! When I see him next I will ask him what happened from his point of view!

Source

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join