It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Shop Owner Banning Obama Supporters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by DaveWheelerWODZ
I wouldn't waste the 3 dollars for that shirt!

I would. 3 dollars is meaningless to me. Sucks to be you if 3 dollars can bust your budget.

Yes, it sucks to be poor. But even if I had three bucks to spare, I would rather give it to a charity than to spend it on a shirt that glorifies clueless, millionaire politicians.

I can see this man's business increasing because of his courageous stand. I think the election was rigged anyway as I knew from the start that there was no way Romney was going to beat Obama and I cannot figure out why the Republicants thought he could.

That's why I asked if the dood would spend 3 bucks on a few squares or toilet paper. I certainly would not, and it's relevant because I would be wiping my arse with the Obama shirt. But I'm not paying 3 bucks to wipe myself.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

No! It is just good business not to support folks who try to ruin your business. I am still trying to figure out why anyone who supports a gun grab would even buy a gun in the first place.

Having spent a decade or more entrenched in ivy league academia I'll tell you why.

Because they support a gun grab for people who are "lesser" than they are and honestly believe they are special and immune to any regulations that may affect the "lesser" people.

It's a completely different mindset and reality for these people. They'll complain about drug dealing in the bad neighborhood while they smoke pot at their dinning room table in their $650,000 homes with their children sleeping upstairs.

They'll rail against the government just letting anyone have a gun while their collection of SBR's sits in a display case across from the den.

What Gregory did with that magazine and how the law just let it slide is the perfect illustration of this mindset and reality.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveWheelerWODZ

Wait a second...Someone upset about potential regulations that would restrict who is able to purchase a gun...is banning anyone of a certain political affiliation from purchasing a gun?

Hmmm......
edit on 16-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I would. 3 dollars is meaningless to me. Sucks to be you if 3 dollars can bust your budget.

You should save your three dollars .. you'll need it to pay the new taxes that Obama is screwing America with .... and you'll need it to pay for your Obamacare or the penalty involved if you refuse to pay Obamacare.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

No! It is just good business not to support folks who try to ruin your business. I am still trying to figure out why anyone who supports a gun grab would even buy a gun in the first place.

Having spent a decade or more entrenched in ivy league academia I'll tell you why.

Because they support a gun grab for people who are "lesser" than they are and honestly believe they are special and immune to any regulations that may affect the "lesser" people.

By "lesser people" you mean Jared Loughner? Or is it possible that no one is supporting a "gun grab" and that is a paranoid delusion and that folks would like stricter regulation and tighter enforcement on whether wacko's can purchase weapons that are well suited to kill large numbers of people in a minute or two.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Wait a second...Someone upset about potential regulations that would restrict who is able to purchase a gun...is banning anyone of a certain political affiliation from purchasing a gun?

Hmmm......
edit on 16-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

I would venture to say the owner is upset by a tad bit more than that point you mentioned.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

By "lesser people" you mean Jared Loughner? Or is it possible that no one is supporting a "gun grab" and that is a paranoid delusion and that folks would like stricter regulation and tighter enforcement on whether wacko's can purchase weapons that are well suited to kill large numbers of people in a minute or two.

According to them "lesser people" amounted to anyone they didnt personally know. Anyone that wasnt in their circle.

If you're going to play o n the notion that any of these regulations would have prevented any "wacko" from doing what they did I'll have to ask you to be specific as to what regulation and how it would have worked.

Otherwise you're just talking about unicorns and I dont care much for unicorns.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by MJZoo
reply to post by DaTroof

You do realize that a store is not public property, right? He can just have you arrested for trespassing if you don't leave. Grow Up.

You know the police wouldn't show up just for that. I would have to actually be breaking a law. It's not trespassing to walk into a store.

It is the moment you are asked to leave. I've had plenty of nuts and vagrants hauled off by the cops because they didnt leave when I asked them to.

You can go stand outside on the sidewalk if you want but you cant block the door and you cant stay inside.
edit on 16-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

You can ask me to leave all you want, but I don't have to unless I'm breaking a law.

YES YOU DO.

I work in a grocery store, and If we tell you to leave, you have to leave, if you refuse the police WILL make you leave.

Every single business has this right. It is not public property.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

I wonder where he went??
Was he asked to leave this thread, and refused to go. So was arrested?????

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

"The sign on the door reads ‘If you voted for President Obama or Governor Cuomo, you are not welcome in this store. Your actions have had a negative impact on the country and this business.’"

Sounds like a childish thing to do , the customer is always right even if they voted for the opposition plus he's having a negative effect on his own business by excluding certain customers .

I'd take his license to sell firearms away as to me he sounds unstable

You sound just like the govt.. anyone with an alternative opinion is unstable..
Besides its his store. You ever seen those signs "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone?"

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Completely ignorant, and arrogant of you to say. I guess you would be dumb enough to spend money on an Obama shirt. The other poster said nothing about breaking budget. They're just smart enough to not waste money on something so ridiculous. But I guess that's the difference between us having a brain, and you not having one.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I feel so embarrassed for my American friends that they have to live in a country that is renowned for this type of redneck idiocy.

IRM :shk:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I feel so embarrassed for my American friends that they have to live in a country that is renowned for this type of redneck idiocy.

IRM :shk:

it's not redneck idiocy.

They voted for it, can't renig now.

I think he is serving the community. There is no point in a background check when he realized, if your dumb enough to vote for Obama, then you're too dumb to own a gun.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I'd walk right into his store with an Obama T-shirt.

What ya gonna do, brother?

I own a who is Barry Soetoro t-shirt would that count? Progressive to the right of me, progressives to the left of me.
edit on 16-1-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

lol.

I'd go in his shop with an Obama 2016 button just to troll.

But he'd probably shoot me.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
But anyways right wing extremists are incredibly intolerant and anti-freedom so this doesn't surprise me.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If this gun owner thinks for one second that it would be any different if a Republican was elected he is loony. This gun control issue is the same knee jerk reaction that people have to issues as always. It doesn't matter what figure head is in "power", the reactions are the same. This is simply more class-ism. He is no better than the government he despises.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

All you would have to do is go into his shop and wave a couple grand in his face. He would forget all about his "nobabma" nonsense. Why? Because he is a capitalist like everyone else.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
But anyways right wing extremists are incredibly intolerant and anti-freedom so this doesn't surprise me.

I believe that you have that backwards.

It's the liberal progressives that are incredibly intolerant and anti-freedom and racist as well.

All in the name of diversity and tolerance.

Your own posts prove this. You'll protest or troll anyone who disagrees with your views.

You say you would deliberately walk into a privately owned business with the intent to push the owner’s buttons. And then claim freedom of speech while trying to shut down someone else same right.

Wow.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Just because some foolishly believed Romney would serve a first term in the same Royal/Regal way Obama is taking his second term (Re-election to preen for makes ALL the difference in my opinion) doesn't mean he ought to be shutting the door on those folks.

The ones he REALLY wants to kick out are the people still thinking of guns as evil objects with intent all their own. Those are the mental midgets who won't cross his door anyway...for fear of whats inside.

The real mental midgets are those people who believe individuals not-yet-classed-as-criminals having the right to carry a concealed weapon anywhere, automatically makes for a safer society.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join