It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON and the start of the Great Tribulation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Great post! Have you seen this movie? If not it's worth the time.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

As a potential Christian, I am constantly in awe of the in depth analysis of Biblical scholarship. One thing that flourishes in all of these analysis's is a pervading claim that "this' version of interpretation is the correct interpretation, while the others are incorrect. This makes it difficult for a potential Christian to choose which one to listen to.

In case, is the post from Jusuitgarlic, in which he greatly discounts your detailed understanding of the coming tribulations. Though you respond to others in your thread, you do not respond to him or refute his interpretations.

What do you have to say to Jusuitgarlic?

By not coming to an understanding on this issue, you only make it more difficult for potential Christians to find any value in your teachings at all.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yah, the long winded blow all day long.

Has anyone stopped to consider that maybe the repeating of a foretelling from an ancient manuscript might be the only catalyst here?

Once the internet gets ahold of it, the "mystery" becomes its own genre. Not because of any relation to the real world but because everyone is saying it. And that is what the "prediction" becomes, everything but the truth.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

For the sake of TerryMcguire, I will do my best to clear things up (or maybe muddy them further). And, Terry, please do not let one interpretation of prophecy sway from the core beliefs of a faith. Believing in the Gospels(Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Romans) is the foundation of a home. Prophecy and its interpretation are the weather vane on top. And, like anything else, prophecy can become your god and the core beliefs become get left behind.

That being said, I don't presume to know everything, but I have extensively studied, memorized, researched, and meditated on Scripture for the last 25 years.

post by JesuitGarlic
Prophetically a day is taken to mean a year. 70 weeks is 490 years. 490 years after the decree went out to rebuild the second temple is the end of the 70 weeks. At the 69th week 483 years after the decree, Jesus was baptized (anointed) and was cut down (crucified) 3.5 years later, 'in the midst of the week'.

This is not always the case.

Matthew 27:40 and saying, “You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in THREE DAYS, save yourself! Come down from the cross, if you are the Son of God!”

He really meant "I will resurrect in THREE 24 hour days" You can't apply a rule (year=day) on some things and not others unless it specifically says so.

Scripture has a great habit with prophecy most of the time. It tends to provide the interpretation very close to original prophecy, usually in the same chapter. But, if you take one verse from a chapter,

KEY VERSE DESCRIBING THESE TWO WITNESSES Revelation 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
with no context, and use other verses to support your out of context verse, various conclusions will be forthcoming.
NOW, the whole context of REVELATION 11:3-13

3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”
4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”
5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die.
6 They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.
7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them.
8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified.
9 For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial.
10 The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.
11 But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them.
12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.
13 At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Now, by simply READING this chapter, you could reason that the "two witness" are PEOPLE simply because:
1 they have bodies "clothed in sackcloth"
2 can be killed, be dead for 3 days, and resurrected.
3 are spoken to "Come up here"
4 other people refused to bury them
5 can try to be harmed, and they fight back
6 perform miracles and signs "plagues and water into blood"
7 they are in a specific place when they die "the public square of the great city"
8 HAVE FREE WILL "strike the earth with every kind of plague AS OFTEN AS THEY WANT"

edit: seems like they were just plain annoying, wouldn't leave, and when they FINALLY shut up and get killed, everyone is happy!

Now, if you want of come up with some weird allegorical interpretation to ALL these points, then you can, but you would probably be interjecting your own reasoning into it, and therefore it could be flawed.

Rather, if you interpret things literally, most often it will be correct. When things ARE presented allegorically(in parable or story format), the interpretation and explanation(the moral of the story is...)usually follows, otherwise everyone would just come to their own conclusion.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Raulken because: just an extra thought

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Raulken

Rather, if you interpret things literally, most often it will be correct.

Very literally. So whats your take? Who are these two people?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Raulken

Rather, if you interpret things literally, most often it will be correct.

Very literally. So whats your take? Who are these two people?

The short answer: I don't know.

The long answer(with my conclusion/opinion): some students of prophecy could see the Two Witness of Revelation as Enoch and Elijah, because of

2 Kings 2:11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

and

Genesis 5:24 Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

they being the only ones mentioned having this peculiar thing happening to them.

Some would say Moses and Elijah, but i think this is because of the position held by Moses overall in Scripture and a verse in Jude 1:9 about Michael the archangel contending with Satan of the body of Moses(less is known about Enoch and the "Book of Enoch" was not included in the bible.)

And there's this little tidbit with the apostle peter on the mount of transfiguration in Matthew 17:

After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

And Peter's reaction:

Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”

It seems as if Peter was trying to deify Moses and Elijah, probably why certain info isn't revealed to us.

Their identification, while not irrelevant, is secondary to their purpose. They could be anybody. Their "identification" will be their obvious immunity to all forms of attack until they say what needs to be said.

And therein lies their purpose. The temperament of world at their appearance is not to listen to any "testimony" from them, but their immunity serves the purpose of not only getting their message out, but making such a spectacle that the whole world will be watching them. Just imagine someone getting roasted alive on Live TV. They want to look away but can't. So everyone, whether they like it or not, gets to hear "the testimony" one last time.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Raulken

Sorry for the delay.

The short answer: I don't know.

Me neither. I liked your short answer better than your long one. The "foretelling" in Revelations is pretty specific. That these two would work "miracles" (Electricity would be a miracle to the people of that time) and that they would be killed and lay in the street for all to see for three days, then resurrect and "leave". Thats crazy. Can't wait. I hope its on live TV. Maybe we missed it already...

Thanks for your reply

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
ISON... I Said Oneness Now... Also The Name John... Join Our Home Now... Yes the tribulation has already happened... This year 2013 is 6... The Year Of MAN... Meet Abba Now... As Jesus Cried Out Abba Father the last time he was seen in the flesh... It was upon the Cross... + ... As the Sign In Heaven... ISON ... To conclude the year of MAN... So many have missed the message... Now 2014 rolls in... Is A 7... The Year Of Gods Wrath for those that Deny Jesus Christ And His Living Word... Some say doom... Not if you do as required to do... Pass the Light on to another... The Golden Rule... The word LIGHT... Love Is Gods Highest Truth... As is written ye are all gods so I would pass this torch of light... Love One Another... Save Each Other... By FAITH... By Knowing, it's more than believing... Or thinking...

The Word FAITH... Father Abba Is Truly Here... The MAN... Meet Abba Now...

As the parable of the coins... Bring Interest Or Lose Everything...
edit on 20-8-2013 by Celt1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
the 3 woes
woe that looks cool
woe that was close
woe f@#k!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
And to the author of this post........

And your point is???

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link