It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Video SandyHook: No Assault Rifle : Four Hand Guns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lostjohnny

Nevermind I see you said "handgun killing spree."

Worth noting that there was the Cumbria killing spree later with bolt actions and a shotgun that had a similar body count. You guys in the UK have made an art out of submitting to the government. I mean in twice you have let a singular mad man strip away your rights and each and every time the event that you gave up your rights to prevent happened again.
edit on 16-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

The video won't play for me, and it says "transcript unavailable at this time."

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

It's always been hard work owning a firearm, even in those days. Gun owners have been a minority since the war. Only shotguns (not pump action or anything with a magazine are classed as firearms) are available without question.

To own a bolt action rifle, you are closely monitored.

Even then the police make annual visits to check your gun cabinet is secured to a wall and contains a modest amount of cartridges.

The UK law classes airguns as firearms in court so God help you if you are caught with a pellet in the breech of your uncocked air rifle outside your property. Been there!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lostjohnny

I mean do you guys really prefer it? I am not a gun nut by any means, but they don't make me nervous. And in one instance I was with a friend in possession of one (with his ccw license) when we were almost jumped by a group of guys and I can say I was very glad we had the option (not that we couldn't fight but two on five isn't exactly fair).

I see a lot of people from the UK in here calling people from the U.S. cowards and saying they don't even desire them, but I often wonder if it's just sour grapes. I feel like it's a nice option to have. I have never felt unsafe from guns here except maybe getting lost driving through a hood somewhere.

It just seems like the government really took advantage of the shootings that happen there to an extreme extent. You have been disarmed and are under surveillance 24/7.
edit on 16-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Was watching at the gym that night....CNN. They had been running the assault weapon thingy.....showing phiotis of a bushmaster. Then about 6:30 they came on with the 4 pistol no assault weapon story. Then assault weapon was in the trunk...this caused considerable confusion and the question "how did he get the weapon back out in the trunk. Then.....it was shown that the weapon was a shootgun by folks right here on ATS.

These reports makes it look like the coroner was untruthfull.

Be nice if some one had recordings of the new outlets that day...all day each network.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Not personally. I grew up in a house that was burgled over thirty times and three attempted times when I was alone in the house. I live alone now and have replica guns which would be used as clubs if the intruders didn't leave.

Handguns and ammo are available on the UK black market for approx the same US retail price.
That means we've young gang members who have killed a female police officer and a civilian in the past seven years within two miles of my home. Both were robbery related so I can wholeheartedly blame the government for not providing or preventing.

Farmer Tony Martin was recently released from prison after killing an intruder with his shotgun. The lawyer that got him out quoted "if I was representing him at the time he would not have been imprisoned".

Landmark UK Gun Ruling
As a result, we have now been granted "reasonable force to protect our property" with baseball (or cricket) bats, shotguns but still no handguns.
My weapons of choice would be a large caliber Glock and an AA12 shotgun. That would bring our insurance premiums down to an affordable level.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You do realize this was aired on dec 15th right? They changed the story in the meantime.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by koder
Well in light of the MSM finally saying no assault rifle was used.....what will obummer do today.... if he still bans assaunt rifles....

See what he said today? I am certain he doesn't give one complete iota of what the truth is...

This is a simple case of exploiting a crisis to advance an agenda.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

It looks like the Medical Examiner was not at the top of his game that day... As the MSM is now reporting, only handguns (4) have been found. P. Morgan will have to take back about half of his factoids now that a semi auto was not used in this tragic event.

This will spur more conspiracy theories, but hopefully will allow the two sides in the gun control debate to find more common ground...

Blessings and love to the families...

video.today.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Are you trying to say the handguns found were used in the shooting?

Making up stuff always spurs "conspiracy theories" which is why you should try to stick to facts and quit surmising. Leave these things to professionals equipped to handle them.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by koder
Well in light of the MSM finally saying no assault rifle was used.....what will obummer do today.... if he still bans assaunt rifles....

See what he said today? I am certain he doesn't give one complete iota of what the truth is...

This is a simple case of exploiting a crisis to advance an agenda.

Oh yeah...I have to strip down and get a pat down at airports now even though my 4th amendment actually was written and designed to protect me, an American from illegal searches and seizures.

Unless I am suspected of a crime, they can't do that.
Americans are protected by the 4th amendment.

They used a crisis, 9/11 and a guy with a shoe bomb to tell people they can't carry shampoo on a plane anymore, strip search at random and confiscate whatever the heck they want.

That is throwing my 4th Amendment protections in the crapper.

edit on 16-1-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Oh yeah...I have to strip down and get a pat down at airports now even though my 4th amendment actually was written and designed to protect me, an American from illegal searches and seizures.

Unless I am suspected of a crime, they can't do that.
Americans are protected by the 4th amendment.

They used a crisis, 9/11 and a guy with a shoe bomb to tell people they can't carry shampoo on a plane anymore, strip search at random and confiscate whatever the heck they want.

That is throwing my 4th Amendment protections in the crapper.

Indeed - never let a crisis go to waste works for both sides. Sides that BTW I think are one in the same in that they are controlled by the same off screen crew.

If this is meant as some kind of gottcha post about how the Republicans did the same thing - you failed. I never said they didn't/don't.

If you are simply stating that Bush and crew did the same thing then you and I are in agreement.

All politicians are corrupt - some more so than others, some hide it better, it is clear to me that Barrack isn't even worried about hiding his disregard for the constitution anymore which means we have to be getting close to endgame.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

It was definitely a Saiga shotgun in the trunk. They admit it was a shotgun, but they haven't said what kind because it would raise some questions if it wasn't registered to the mother.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

...Wow. What a disturbing quote; largely because it holds truth. It's the same argument for perpetuating the drug war; they say it's to protect the children, but the laws actually make things worse. Protecting children & protection from terrorism are the two biggest pretext for the curtailment of liberty.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If a long gun was not involved in Sandy Hook and in a Homer Simpson moment the 'mint stomped in and banned long guns, doesn't it follow that when they finally get the news that it was handguns and twice as many, aren't they going to have a "D'oh!!" moment and ban handguns twice as much.

Just sayin'. That's how Homer would do it if he was taking orders from Mr. Dithers.

Lisa would be saying, "Dad, wouldn't it be better to just ban crime?"
edit on 17-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

That video and topic has been covered by myself and others in numerous threads for weeks. I continue to ask when is Pete Mitchell going to reveal his so called sources? 1 thing is a fact......either he or the police are lying.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Who is going to protect children from drone kills? When Obama is done using our kids to not let this crisis go to waste, somebody point blank ask him on national tv what about the kids he kills with drones?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I posted this yesterday on another thread. If this is true, then there is obviously a conspiracy at the heart of SandyHook.

It has been my experience watching 0bama, that the lies outnumber the truths. Almost all of his term he has dictated law behind closed doors, during Congressional recess's, or behind the back of American citizens, and usually in ambush fashion. He is Not to be Trusted. And IF he ever leaves office, he will be very likely, the most destructive president the United States has ever had.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by roadgravel
Officials in the federal and local governments always report all the information, don't withhold information for their own agenda, and never give out misleading or even false information. They can be trusted absolutely.

Yes, that is it.

Add to that that the Media never goes off half-cocked, creates sensational tension and grief, or uses their position of trust to create social stress....

and that the "influence peddlers" in government don't see any human tragedy as an "opportunity" for social engineering....

and yeah... you're right....

You are so right. I watched this eye opening documentary last night about Mass Media deception. It was called "The War You Don't See". The documentary had big names in it like Dan Rather openly admitting that he was just a talking head for the war, and that he felt ashamed that he didn't do actual investigative journalism.

Now, the Documentary was just about Wars - but really you can apply the concepts presented in it for almost any "popular" news story.

I cut the "cable" as it were over a year ago after I watched what the MSM did to Ron Paul. I couldn't justify paying 200+ bucks a month for propaganda and lies. Watching this documentary reaffirmed WHY I cut the cable and why I'll continue to ignore all sources of MSM.

If you haven't seen the Documentary, I think you would love it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

I stopped blaming president's years ago......when you can come to grips with the fact that they are just taking orders then you know where to really point the finger.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

It looks like the Medical Examiner was not at the top of his game that day... As the MSM is now reporting, only handguns (4) have been found. P. Morgan will have to take back about half of his factoids now that a semi auto was not used in this tragic event.

This will spur more conspiracy theories, but hopefully will allow the two sides in the gun control debate to find more common ground...

Blessings and love to the families...

video.today.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You are technically wrong, I am sure the hand guns were semi automatic as well, what you meant was no rifle was used. Most non hunting non collector gun owners own semi automatic weapons. On kindle so don't want to link the explanations but it is quite an important distinction to make. Not your fault, the media has done a good job confusing the term and issue for non gun owners.

That is the gist, not trying to make claims about non semi auto hunting rifles or collection guns just trying to point out the mistake and quickly try and make the point. If you only have to pull a trigger to fire a round without pulling a bolt or pumping a shotgun or cocking a hammer and if multiple rounds don't exit from 1 trigger pull then it's semi automatic. That counts probably what I guess as a majority of guns owned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join