It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global freedom and spiritual awakening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Freedom is not a gift, it is a hard-eaned reward. Some generations fight for it, and later generations take it for granted. Freedom is always associated with risk, because the only type of person who does not undertake any risks is a slave, because he does not make any decisions and does not have free will. I believe that most of what is happening today in the world is about waking up human consciousness. Any historical and political figures are just pawns in this game. If their actions seem programmed then that's what they are exactly, programmed. I believe we are witnessing an exam in humanity and free will for every soul here on Earth. If you can't handle free will and responsibility, you are not yet ready to see higher truths. I just hope that the more tense the situation becomes, the more souls will open their eyes. What do you think?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

I think we are all one spirit and that freedom is the closest thing to the embodiment of that spirit.

Being one, it follows that to actualize the totality of your freedom, you must respect the freedom of others and do not condemn them for their choices.

From there, you allow yourself to become aware of yourself in others and you allow yourself to see that it is really you that is doing what they're doing. That is the highest harmony.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i believe it is referred to as 'The Grand Experiment'.

time will tell.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I don't believe we are one. We may be connected, but I can see no point in giving anybody a unique experience just to merge then everything in one big heap. Do you think a victim of a serial killer would be willing to join his emotions and consciousness with the murderer? I don't believe so. Moreover, there is no use in spiritual progress for any individual soul if it's gonna unite with the worst criminals after death. I am not implying that those criminals are not people or they do not deserve love. But joining them in one consciousness will reduce to zero all your efforts to develop certain qualities or refine your understanding of things while you are here.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

Freedom does not need to be earned as you say, freedom already exists as a default aspect within the universe. Now, with this being said, a being is given the freedom to not be free, as applies to humanity's current state that you describe.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InfinitePerspective

I can agree with this statement if 'freedom' is replaced with 'free will'. However, I believe that unlike free will freedom requires conscious understanding. You can't be free unless you understand what it means to be free, and sometimes the cost of being free. And not only for a human being, but for humanity in general. Epictetus wrote a lot about freedom that can be achieved even if a person is formally enslaved. At the same time one can be formally free, but in fact enslaved. There are many obstacles and distractions that offer an 'easy way', usually devoid of any conscious effort, e.g. the risk-free path, the non-conscious freedom (when you do what you like, but not prepared to face consequences), or following a role model. But I appreciate your addition that choosing not to be free can be a manifestation of free will. This is an important aspect that has to be taken into account.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrkeen
Freedom is not a gift, it is a hard-eaned reward. Some generations fight for it, and later generations take it for granted. Freedom is always associated with risk, because the only type of person who does not undertake any risks is a slave, because he does not make any decisions and does not have free will. I believe that most of what is happening today in the world is about waking up human consciousness. Any historical and political figures are just pawns in this game. If their actions seem programmed then that's what they are exactly, programmed. I believe we are witnessing an exam in humanity and free will for every soul here on Earth. If you can't handle free will and responsibility, you are not yet ready to see higher truths. I just hope that the more tense the situation becomes, the more souls will open their eyes. What do you think?

Hi,
I often imagine that humankind will one day decide against being compensated (deeds done by an individual) for something they were put here to accomplish in the first place; because we as in humanity- individually want to accomplish stellar reaches- as the whole of humanity has a track-record of achieving great things...when we work toward the same goals. Astroview

Everyone runs around thinking somebody owes them something, anti-climactic-never-ending cycle it is.
People who think people owe them something are from another (planet), for their circumstances to out-weigh ours? Not exactly healthy thinking is it?

Caesar has been dead a very long time now, but we still seem to be rendering unto him...

Why would I work for a guy who treats his employees as his subjects? Because we need the money?
People who are not willing to imagine a certain utopia never will have the opportunity to experience it, while at the same time depriving others of it.

I've considered deeply; and recognized the marriage we are entangled in...

Quality thread OP.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrkeen
reply to post by smithjustinb

I don't believe we are one. We may be connected, but I can see no point in giving anybody a unique experience just to merge then everything in one big heap. Do you think a victim of a serial killer would be willing to join his emotions and consciousness with the murderer? I don't believe so. Moreover, there is no use in spiritual progress for any individual soul if it's gonna unite with the worst criminals after death. I am not implying that those criminals are not people or they do not deserve love. But joining them in one consciousness will reduce to zero all your efforts to develop certain qualities or refine your understanding of things while you are here.

No.

Body= will, desire, action, form, growth, evolution, etc.

Spirit= underlying unchanging beingness prior to personality and conceptualization.

The spirit cannot be said to be any specific thing other than the isness from which all things manifest. It's not this or that, it just is. The body, which is responsible for all activities, does not unite with other bodies, but the body can become aware of the union of the shared spirit between bodies. But it's not the bodies themselves that are United, it's the spirit.

The spirit is the cause for all action , but doesn't choose actions. The choice is made by the body as a reaction to the spirit.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

If all is one there is no question of joining.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

I see freedom along with peace as being natural states of being, the problem is there are always certain types who want to do away with them or use them as means to subjugate the majority to their own agendas. This is why we always seem to be fighting for freedom and even for peace when, really, we are fighting the creeps who
don't want us to enjoy them.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
ever seen the movie castaway ? we are here out of necessity ,sanity, or insanity it would seem
i am wilson .

top topics

join