New Facebook Search Reveals Your Details

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

New Facebook Search Reveals Your Details

Facebook has recently announced their Graph Search feature, which allows people to search up their interests in the hopes of finding other, like minded people. The problem being that it:

makes finding interesting things about yourself, your past, and all of your friends excitingly easy. It also makes it a cinch to find strangers who are openly racist, sexist, and generally embarrassing.

Nothing that wasn't public before Graph Search will be public after Graph Search, but that doesn't change the fact that digging up inadvertently-shared info is effortless. This is bad news for probably millions and millions of people who are going to have trouble finding jobs once the new search goes public.

I encourage all readers to follow the links below for examples of the results of this new search engine.

A new step in privacy invasion...

gizmodo.com...
gizmodo.com...
edit on 16-1-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Just untick " Allow public searches " , In the privacy settings. .
Simple
edit on 16-1-2013 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg47
Simple

This is the thing, we have options to opt out of these invasive options. People with open profiles want people to veiw them, so they deserve everything they get.

My facebook isnt even my real name, my location is Brazil and my birth place is Iran. Yes I have pictures and the 'face recognition' picks me out when I upload pictures, but the name and details I'v given are false, so therefor I win. I utilize Facebook to my own needs and they get nothing back from me other than me using it.

This new search function is just stolen from Twitter, but without the HashTag #

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
You can even eliminate "Friends" from those who can view your data in a search...........

edit on 16-1-2013 by Itaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
What a perfect time to pimp out a userscript I maintain .. I don't like keeping my history on Facebook simply because I don't trust them.. so weekly I clean out my previous posts, comments and likes... no need for it to remain because by then.. any of my friends will have already read it.

For those that don't know.. userscripts are extensions you can add to firefox and chrome that allow you to modify how a web site functions.. or add additional features... this script I've been working on adds an option to facebook's activity log to clear out things.. it handles the arduous task of deleting.. I "STRONGLY" recommend you use the filters on the left of activity log however.. select "Your Posts" for example.. or "Comments" .. I wouldn't run it on "ALL"

userscripts.org...

1. Deletes activities, all or within a defined time frame.
2. Deletes game posts, all or within a defined time frame.
3. Hides elements from the time line, all or within a defined time frame.
4. Deletes everything, all or within a defined time frame.
5. Unlike everything
6. Supports Facebook's Secure Browsing features ( NEW )

Note: This script does not un-friend people like some of the other scripts have done in the past!

Compatibility:
The script has been tested with the following browsers

1. Firefox with Greasemonkey
2. Google Chrome with Tampermonkey ( the script MUST be installed in Tampermonkey )
edit on 1/16/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)
edit on 1/16/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg47
Simple

Correct .. I've already done that..I still clean out my activity log mostly because all facebook needs to do is tweak their privacy policies and things could change...They've also had glitches in the past that compromised privacy

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Why don't people just make two facebook accounts? One for professional display and another for personal use? You'd think people would be a bit smarter about these things... When I had a facebook account I signed up under a nickname, not my real name, so that people couldn't easily find me in a search. Common sense goes a long way when dealing with privacy.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Why don't people just make two facebook accounts? One for professional display and another for personal use? You'd think people would be a bit smarter about these things... When I had a facebook account I signed up under a nickname, not my real name, so that people couldn't easily find me in a search. Common sense goes a long way when dealing with privacy.

I also do that.. and it's an excellent suggestion that people should follow... I have my professional page for business contacts and fellow employees and then my personal page for friends and family .. I also make heavy use of per-post privacy settings..

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I made a thread about this 20 hours ago.... seemed nobody was interested!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I ditched my Facebook long ago. I started getting paranoid of everyone knowing what was going on in my life. If I really have to talk to someone I'll sneak on just to give them my phone number and then I deactivate again.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

zuckerberg's one clever little jew.

The real game is zionist assimilation, and keeping tabs on all their 'friends'. That's what technofascism is all about.

Watch "Entourage" if you don't mind bile in your mouth every now and then.

"You dress like it's 2004, Turtle"

"It's 2010, you better be shaving down there"

"Come on Turtle, you're an adult; get some credit", and so forth....

That series is zionism on steroids.
edit on 16-1-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-1-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join