It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will never be gun control in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Gun Control is just silly and it's just another way for Politicians to pass more laws that will do nothing. It's also sad to see lemmings on the left and the right who follow lock step behind party and inherit the hypocrisy of Politicians.

The Government will never control guns. They might take guns away from law abiding citizens but guns will still make it to places where there most destructive. The Government can't control guns just like they can't control drugs or prostitution.

The more guns you ban, the more criminals you will make rich as they sell the guns that you "control."

It's just hypocrisy. Obama has armed guards and so does his kids at their school. The Hollywood liberals hire armed bodyguards and I'm sure they don't ask their bodyguards to see their guns and magazines. It's just blatant hypocrisy.

If you're a criminal, you hope they keep putting out maps of gun free zones. The criminals will have AK-47's and the most people will have to protect themselves is a kitchen knife.

It's just like the debate over enhanced interrogations. Politicians cry about "torture" because terrorist have to listen to AC/DC all night and they can't sleep or their waterboarded yet Obama is the drone king and he's killing civilians. He's killing men, women and children. So you cry for the terrorist and you blow the guy up who may be dreaming about changing his Country one day or going to school abroad. He gets slaughtered and crooked Politicians and those who follow them cry about the terrorist who are getting better meals than the civilians your killing have ever seen.

We have a 2nd Amendment in this Country and we're sadly a violent nation. Again, Hollywood liberals talk about violence and it's their chief export.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
They already is an element of gun control. Try buying that full auto MP5 at the gun show over the counter. But point taken on total gun control as that would spawn a black market in same (as in the Prohibition).

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hitler controlled drugs and guns pretty well. In fact, he set up his own private brothels
far away from Auschwitz where his Bovine Excrement couldn't touch his
clean and untarnished property fit for only noble hands.

(end sarcasm, save the truth)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The gun control measures being proposed have been in place before under Clinton and it didn't cause anyone any loss of liberty, nor did it end up in anarchy... Assault style weapons and high capacity clips have ALREADY been banned..

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the measures being proposed, you can still go out and buy all the guns and ammunition you want... What is happening is a bunch of over-reaction and fear mongering ... I personally have absolutely no problem with it .. if you feel you need to build up an arsenal then go for it .. you still can, and still will be able to do so.

The only difference is that the president is also calling for more stringent background checks... I also don't have an issue with this... if you have a history of mental illness then you shouldn't be owning a lethal weapon anyway.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
They already is an element of gun control. Try buying that full auto MP5 at the gun show over the counter. But point taken on total gun control as that would spawn a black market in same (as in the Prohibition).

I think there should be more control over gun shows.. My thought is that perhaps you need to be pre-screened before you go.. if a gun show is scheduled you go and get your background check and a certification showing your results before you can make a purchase...

As for black market... that is one major problem with gun control, the criminals will always be able to get what they want if they want it bad enough.. no amount of legislation will change that.. it's no different than drugs..

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
The gun control measures being proposed have been in place before under Clinton and it didn't cause anyone any loss of liberty, nor did it end up in anarchy... Assault style weapons and high capacity clips have ALREADY been banned..

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the measures being proposed, you can still go out and buy all the guns and ammunition you want... What is happening is a bunch of over-reaction and fear mongering ... I personally have absolutely no problem with it .. if you feel you need to build up an arsenal then go for it .. you still can, and still will be able to do so.

The only difference is that the president is also calling for more stringent background checks... I also don't have an issue with this... if you have a history of mental illness then you shouldn't be owning a lethal weapon anyway.

you are mistaken.....this NYS law that passed limits the kinds of fire arms and requires federal back round checks to even buy a box of ammo.......its just sickening to me.
edit on 16-1-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

you are mistaken.....this NYS law that passed limits the kinds of fire arms and requires federal back round checks to even buy a box of ammo.......its just sickening to me.
edit on 16-1-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

That is a STATE law, not a federal law so there's a difference already ... and not one I particularly have an issue with ... if having a background check is a problem for someone, then I question why they need the ammo anyway... if a majority of the people in NY don't like that then they can always make sure that whomever in that state passed the law, does not get re-elected and that the law be reverted.. it's quite different than federal law
edit on 1/16/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I am OK with an infringement in the form of more background checks to weed out the mentally ill, etc but that is also how everyone on this site could be on a "no buy list" also.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

And yet the Clinton ban did absolutely nothing to curb crime or murder--Columbine happened under that ban, so it did nothing to curb school shootings either. There is an awful lot wrong with this ban. First of all, included in the proposal are limits of ammunition purchases and tracking of such purchases. Secondly, it does band many rifles that people use commonly. Thirdly, would you consider your right to free speach infringed if you could only buy a manual typewriter and not a copy of microsoft word? After all, you can still type documents.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

This makes no sense? How will any of these measures stop anyone? Their just feel good measures that will allow crooked Politicians to pat themselves on the back.

I agree, you should try and stop the mentally disturbed, gang members and criminals from getting weapons. This is not the aim of gun control. The game of gun control is to take weapons away from Law Abiding citizens. I was just watching a liberal the other day say, why does anyone need all these guns. Again, These measures will do nothing to stop gun violence. Here's some statistics.

More than 30,000 people are killed by firearms each year in this country

More than 30 people are shot and murdered each day

1/2 of them are between the ages of 18 and 35

1/3 of them are under the age of 20

Homicide is the second leading cause of death among 15-24 year-olds

And the primary cause of death among African Americans of that age group

What this tells you is that most of the gun violence is coming from young people. Gangs and the mentally disturbed. Violent video games and Hollywood liberals making all of these violent movies (hypocrites). So the way you curtail gun violence is go to the places where guns are most destructive. The aim of gun control is to take guns out of the hands of criminals. Let's look at Obama's proposals.

Assault weapons ban

Congress passed the original assault weapons ban in 1994, thus imposing a 10-year ban on 19 types of military-style assault weapons, including semi-automatic rifles and pistols like AK-47s and Uzis. But the provision, which was originally authored by then-Sen. Biden, languished in Congress when it was up for reauthorization, and subsequent efforts to reinstate it have fallen short. Mr. Obama has long supported reinstating the ban, but his current efforts mark the first time in his presidency that he's made a hard legislative push to get the law back in the books. According to White House sources, Mr. Obama's weapons ban will be tougher than the one that expired in 2004 is closely aligned with the legislation being drafted by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., though even some Democrats - including Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev. - are skeptical such a law can make its way through Congress in the face of strong opposition from the National Rifle Association.

This will do nothing to stop crime. It will stop law abiding citizens who buy these weapons from buying them but do you think a criminal will say, oops, there's a ban on these weapons so I better not by them. Again, most of the violence is coming from young people. Ex criminals, gang members and the mentally disturbed. This does nothing to stop them from getting weapons.

Ban on high-capacity magazines

One issue that has surfaced in the wake of recent mass shootings is the legality of high-capacity ammunition magazines, which can enable a shooter to fire off dozens of rounds of ammunition without having to reload. The prevalence of these kinds of clips in recent shootings -- including this summer's movie theater rampage in Aurora, Colo., as well as the recent massacre in Newtown, Conn. -- has led to a chorus of cries that they be banned. CBS News has learned the White House will push for magazines to be capped at 10 bullets per.

Another issue that does nothing to curtail gun violence. This is the way of hypocrites. In order to stop a few nut jobs we have to ban these magazines for law abiding citizens. This will not stop gun violence.

Universal background checks

In meetings with stakeholders about reducing gun violence last week, Biden stressed what he called a "surprising recurrence of suggestions that we have universal background checks" for gun owners across the nation. Now, the idea of universal criminal and mental health background checks for all firearms sales is emerging as the central priority in the president's campaign. Currently, criminal background checks are required only for guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which according to the Campaign to Stop Gun Violence (CSGV) account for only 60 percent of gun sales in the United States. One loophole also allows those not "engaged in the business" of gun selling to peddle firearms without a license or without filing any paperwork -- which means that, according to the CSGV, only three of every five guns are sold in conjunction with background checks. Today, Mr. Obama will urge lawmakers to help shore up those loopholes.

I don't see anything wrong with background checks to look for criminals or the mentally disturbed trying to buy weapons. In the end this will not stop gun violence where it's most prevalent. This is with gangs, criminals and the mentally disturbed. A bigger black market will be created where people will buy weapons without a background check. Especially those with intentions to kill.

To Be Continued....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I understand backround checks on sales and transfers of fire arms. I dount get why they should impose one on ammunition....who wants to wait 7-21 days to go out and target shoot. I dont know about most of you but i go when i have free time.......now i have to plan weeks in advance to go outside for 20 minutes and put 50 down range.......just stupid.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

And it also didn't do one damned thing to prevent or decrease violent crimes committed with the banned weapons either! Jut look at Kleibold and Harris who had no problem getting their hands on the "illegal" and shooting up Columbine right in the middle of the ban.

Also, I don't think you're paying very close attention - background checks??? We already have laws for those. All that would need to happen is to close the private sale loophole. The President is advocating NINETEEN executive orders AND a slew of legislative proposals. These include making illegal semi-automatic pistols, taxing ammunition, background checks for ammo, bans on ANY gun with 1 "military feature" - which is just about all of them.

If you honestly care about this country - you SHOULD have a problem with this!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
These are just feel good measures that will do very little. Obama will be surrounded by kids and maybe shed a tear or two but gun violence will continue.

Research on gun violence

In addition to his proposals for directly legislating access to guns and ammunition, Mr. Obama is has suggested he'll make a push for expanding the research opportunities on gun violence. On Monday, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who founded Mayors Against Illegal Drugs, released a scathing report on how the gun lobby has facilitated a decrease in federal funding for the research and prevention of gun violence. For instance, the report says the Center for Disease Control's budget on firearm injury prevention has decreased by 96 percent in the past two decades, and that the Justice Department -- which funded 32 studies on gun violence in the early 1990s -- has funded no studies on gun violence in the past four years. Biden suggested last week that the White House is looking to change that trend.

Another feel good proposal that will just waste and spend more money and do nothing to fix the problem. The data is out there and we know where guns do the most violence. This research will be wasted dollars spent by crooked Politicians to line the pockets of their friends and donors.

Mental health

The Department of Health and Human Services later this year will issue a rule to implement the Mental Health Parity Act, which equalizes mental health services and access with other "traditional" forms of medical care. This is to expand the coverage and availability of mental health services to vulnerable populations. Also, the president will call for more training for mental health professionals and school counselors and may provide some federal funds for this goal. He will also seek better mental health training for first responders so they might detect mental health problems or warning signs.

On the school safety front, Mr. Obama will use this package to push for stronger anti-bullying efforts by beefing up training for teachers, counselors and principals to detect bullying, combat it at the source and provide mental health resources to the perpetrators and victims. The president will also push for federal funds for more school counselors and mental health aides and for schools and school districts that want to hire armed and trained security officers.

Again, this has nothing to do with the problem. These were white kids whose parents have money. All of this is just more money to give to donors and friends and will do nothing to curb gun violence. Training teachers about anti-bullying will do nothing. I agree with training first responders but again this will do nothing to curtail the violence.

This comes from:

www.cbsnews.com...

These things are just grandstanding on the backs of dead children. Just like Obama cries about "torture" but he sends out the drones that kill civilians. Men, Women and Children die when Obama sends out the drones.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Guns that hold only 7 rounds?? We were laughing about that last night I only have 1 or 2 that qualify

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Obama will cry about gun violence and be surrounded by kids but heres some of the faces of the kids he's killed with his Drone Wars. How dare Obama or any of his supporters try to take the moral high ground about "torture" or gun violence. Watch the video before You Tube gets a call from the White House to take it down. They don't want to ruin the image of Barack "I Love the Kids" Obama.

edit on 16-1-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

The mp5 you see being sold are .22 cal replicas, not the .9mm HK version the military uses.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

It certainly did cause a loss of liberty to buy the weapons and accessories of ones free choice and caused prices to artificially go up. Also and more importantly did not prevent a single crime as it was touted to do. It was tolerated because all the rifles and hi-cap mags already in circulation were grandfathered in and could be resold etc. They are trying go further this time as they do each time with no allowing weapons to be passed down to family it is an attempt to phase them out eventually.

The President nor congress has any authority to do any of it. "shall not be infringed" is the operative phrase. To bad people do not know their constitution or their history.

It doesn't matter what you think its none of your damn business what I or anyone else chose to own for self defense and more importantly insurance against tyranny. And since gun related deaths are only 1.5 percent of deaths the fears of guns are irrational and this is just an agenda to implement tyranny in increments.

edit on 16-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

There is already plenty of gun control in America.

This is why I can't take anyone serious who claim they will never allow any gun control in America, because they are ignorant of their own reality.

The problem with our current gun control is that it isn't strict enough. You have already allowed gun control in America, now the only discussions becomes where we draw the line. And that is a discussion, not a demand.

top topics

join