It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello everyone, I"M NEW!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I've been reading this board for a month or two and wanted to join. Many interesting topics, and while I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, I keep an open mind and find the topics interesting. My favorite forums are the Science and Technology, Space Exploration, Current Event forums, and Philosophy and Metaphysics boards. I hope I will be able to add something positive to the ATS forums and am happy to finally register. I want to find my place in the universe, and the meaning of my existence. Thanks folks!!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Welcome to the family, hope you enjoy being on the forums.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thanks, friend. I'm still trying to figure things out here as a registered member. What does it mean that my thread has 2 flags? Is that bad?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerStone

Thanks, friend. I'm still trying to figure things out here as a registered member. What does it mean that my thread has 2 flags? Is that bad?

Here is an explanation: www.abovetopsecret.com... In general it is a reward members give each other. I flagged you to get you started, it is a curtsy some of us give to newbs. Later you will have to earn them by making quality threads or replies.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerStone

Welcome New!

Ya might dig this thread for some help.
Enjoy the truth pursuits

Peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Ah, okay thank you! In other forums I've posted at when a thread is flagged it means the thread contains objectionable or bad content...heh. Good to know that is not the case here.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you friend. Off to read it now.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Welcome, and your interests overlap mine and those of many people here. The site is overrun with pro-gun and anti-gun threads right now, which are a blast to read (pun intended), yet there are some great Mars rover threads, some new science discoveries, etc. You will find threads close to your heart here, and then you can add your own. There is also, if you haven't found it yet, a very good search area, and you can still comment on the old threads (some sites freeze threads after a certain time, but not here), thus bumping them and letting everyone in on your find. Overall, I think you're like it at ATS, and congratulations on signing up.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Thanks Aleister, the Mars Rover threads have been some of my favorite I've read on this forum. The enormity of the universe, and our place in the universe is something that fascinates me endlessly. My knowledge on the universe and the complexities of it is something I don't know enough about (besides reading various books on the subject), so I hope to learn more here, as many of the posters seem very knowledgeable on the subject.

edit: also hoping for some good recommendations for documentaries and texts I can find online to further understand the subjects that interest me. Is there a place on the forums for documentary suggestions?
edit on 16-1-2013 by SeekerStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Greetings! I am glad you have joined. As websites go...this is a very special one. I just hope and pray as time goes on...we all will still have the freedom of speech...as we do now.

See you around the forums!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you very much Caladonea. I Think I will like it here.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Just in case you haven't seen this Mars rover gigapan thread by impaired I'll link it. impaired's gigapan work is very good, and takes you right into Yellowknife Bay where Curiosity is "roving" right now. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Thanks, going to check it out now! It is quite refreshing established members here are so welcome to new members and happy to point new posters to interesting threads.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Welcome to the beginning of your personal disclosure i would say

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Welcome to the party

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Thank you to you both

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerStone
I've been reading this board for a month or two and wanted to join. Many interesting topics, and while I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, I keep an open mind and find the topics interesting. My favorite forums are the Science and Technology, Space Exploration, Current Event forums, and Philosophy and Metaphysics boards. I hope I will be able to add something positive to the ATS forums and am happy to finally register. I want to find my place in the universe, and the meaning of my existence. Thanks folks!!

As of the time clicked on the sign up button.
Your place in the universe is behind the keyboard.
The reason for you existence is to check the new threads every 5 minutes

Welcome and enjoy

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Welcome to Ats, see you around.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join