It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Asks CIA Nominee When Drones Can Kill Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Senator Asks CIA Nominee When Drones Can Kill Americans

www.informationclearinghouse.info

January 15. 2013 "Wired" - - The man in charge of America’s drone wars will face Senate questioning about perhaps their most controversial aspect: when the president can target American citizens for death.

“How much evidence does the President need to determine that a particular American can be lawfully killed?”

Wyden, a member of the Senate intelligence committee, asks in the letter, acquired by Danger Room. “Does the President have to provide individual Americans with the opportunity to surrender before killing them?”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wired.com
edit on 16-1-2013 by silo13 because: my bold

+29 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
In the name of 'stopping terror' - 'they' - will terrorize. As you’re reading this ’they’ have already justified the use of drones to kill Americans. Do you get that part? All that’s missing now is the particulars. The fine lines between when it’s acceptable and when it isn’t. NOT that it isn’t acceptable at all! And the Obama administration isn't disclosing a shred of info - when it's justified, when it isn't, if proof should even be supplied before some little knob head behind a screen pushes the 'cancel' button on a US Citizen.

Considering the President doesn't seem to be too concerned about acting inside or outside the law? It will not come as any surprise when headlines here on ATS include the words ‘Drone - Kill - and American’ all in the same headline.

www.informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-1-2013 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

i thought they already did all this? is there not an american citizen death list?

it seems to me in the game of murder anything can be done whether it be from drone, to poison, and everything in between.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Death death and more death. America *Sigh*. You have lunatics running your country, REVOLUTION 2013 woop woop woop woop

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Oh I'm sure the list of names - the Americans who'll be killed - has already been written in stone with spaces left to fill. Now they're just fine tuning how they're going to do it.

Can you imagine we’ll not even be allowed to see our killers now? I know that sounds trivial when we’re talking about being taken out by drone - but not even knowing when it’s coming, who's doing it and the why? How it can even be allowed and condoned in the first place?

I've also no doubt they'll make sure after a Citizen is done-in-by-drone there'll be more than enough information found around their home, on their computer, in their emails proving they are in deed and in death terrorist...

And if you think this doesn't pertain to you? How about taking a look at WHO in the USA is a terrorist?

You Could be a Terrorist If...

01. You believe in the Constitution.
02. You believe in the "Rule of Law."
03. You believe in gold as real money.
04. You believe in silver as real money.
05. You believe in limited government.
06. You believe in a free market system.
07. You believe in abolishing the Federal Reserve System.
08. You believe in balanced budgets.
09. You believe in the right to possess property.
10. You believe the income tax is misapplied.
11. You believe in God.
12. You believe there is a 9/11 WTC conspiracy to suppress facts and evidence.
13. You believe in the Family Unit.
14. You believe welfare is unconstitutional.
15. You believe the financial markets are corrupt.
16. You believe the judiciary is corrupt.
17. You believe the body politic is corrupt.
18. You believe the Warren Commission findings were corrupted or covered up.
19. You believe the Educational System is failing. 20. You believe the U. S. Government is bankrupt.
21. You believe the "War On Terrorism" is a fraud perpetuated to enrich oil companies.
22. You believe the dollar is a fraud.
23. You believe that fractional banking is a swindle.
24. You believe that government officials possessed prior knowledge of '9/11'.
25. You believe that Social Security is bankrupt.

And more. I stopped at 25 - there’s over 50 descriptions at the link.

So yes - you could be caught in the cross hairs...

Right. Now.

peace
edit on 16-1-2013 by silo13 because: color

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It has been years that American drones have been killing women and children in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

My question is , "how much American blood is not the same?"

Or

"why is this nominate asking this ?"

"Will he act the same when he is elected ?"

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Can you imagine we’ll not even be allowed to see our killers now? I know that sounds trivial when we’re talking about being taken out by drone - but not even knowing when it’s coming, who's doing it and the why? How it can even be allowed and condoned in the first place?
reply to post by silo13

This is one of the most cowardly acts that our nation has committed in its entire history. It is one thing to face your enemy on the battlefield and look into their eyes, see their humanity and make a decision as to whether to fight or not. It is quite another thing to decide to send a machine to a location where you think the "enemy" might be, knowing that there is no certainly you will kill them, but you most certainly may kill innocent bystanders.
In my humble opinion, this is no different than what a suicide bomber does when they go into a crowded public place and detonates him/her self.
This is pure and evil cowardice on the part of those that authorize and perpetrate such a vile act.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That would be dumb for them.

We are not in the stage of what ever retarded world they are trying to make where that would go over like it was nothing.

It would provoke every wacko in the country to start his own private war against them.

Just retarded.

they may be able to stop an organized and efficient armed force against them. They are helpless against what could possibly be millions of rouge gunners.

edit on 16-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
OK American Gun Owners.

Here's the latest reason to "Talk, Talk, Talk, Whine and Complain" about Government Tyranny.

Hang on a Minute.

Is that the Sound of a Drone approaching Your House?

Fat lot of good Talking did Hey?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I won't believe it until the first American is actually killed by drone.As for Pakistan,afghan the terrorists hide among the population as their human shields.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This question has clearly been asked because of the killing of Anwar al-Awaki and his 16 year old son weeks later, both held American citizenship yet both where assassinated in a extrajudicial killing. Based reading the article in the OP it is quite clear that this is why the question is being asked, not because they are saying “right so when can we start blowing up Joe the plumber”. Essentially he is being asked how the CIA justifies the killing of Americans connected to terrorism who cannot be detained yet still present a risk to national security.

It’s a very fair question.

Also OP, the list of what could potentially make one a terrorist you have provided in one of your posts is just nonsense it is conspiracy theorist hyperbole not the United States definition of “terrorism”.

I mean check out his answer to this question, he is hardly advocating the assassination American citizens as policy.

For the executive branch to claim that intelligence agencies have the authority to knowingly kill American citizens but refuse to provide Congress with any and all legal opinions that explain the executive branch’s understanding of this authority represents an alarming and indefensible assertion of executive prerogative,” Wyden writes.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

Remember - you might bury your head in the sand but your butt makes just a good a target.

I mean seriously - is it just because it's not American blood that's been spilled that you don't believe these facts?

Drones that have been efficiently killing overseas for years.

TPTB now have the reason to use them in the States - the 'Fight Against Terror'! (gag)

TPTB have the means - the drones.

TPTB are now have the protocol - the A-O-K on how and when to kill American's.

In sum? They have the way, the means, the knowhow and a reason.

What more do you need to know for God's sake?

Oh yeah, it's that American blood spilled before you believe it. Sorry, forgot a moment.

My suggestion to you? Go back and read the first line in this reply again.

peace

edit on 16-1-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The0nlytruth
reply to post by silo13

Death death and more death. America *Sigh*. You have lunatics running your country, REVOLUTION 2013 woop woop woop woop

it sure seems that there are alot of people here that want america to come unglued. they work on dividing, rather than uniting. they advocate chaos, rather than consensus
edit on 16-1-2013 by jimmyx because: change in wording

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

I won't believe it until the first American is actually killed by drone.

Actually its already happened al-Awlaki and his son both held American citizenship.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

reply to post by silo13

This is one of the most cowardly acts that our nation has committed in its entire history. It is one thing to face your enemy on the battlefield and look into their eyes, see their humanity and make a decision as to whether to fight or not. It is quite another thing to decide to send a machine to a location where you think the "enemy" might be, knowing that there is no certainly you will kill them, but you most certainly may kill innocent bystanders.
In my humble opinion, this is no different than what a suicide bomber does when they go into a crowded public place and detonates him/her self.
This is pure and evil cowardice on the part of those that authorize and perpetrate such a vile act.

and yet, here on ATS , there are people that would want government officials hung for treason. if an american citizen is embeded with foriegn terrorists, who actively works to kill fellow americans, i can see the justification, simply from a logistical view. why would america want to risk soldiers lives trying to bring this guy out so he could stand trial?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

why would america want to risk soldiers lives trying to bring this guy out so he could stand trial?

Ask yourself what we even have soldiers for?

To protect Freedoms in 'our' world and world wide - at least that’s what we’re told.

How does killing someone by drone - with NO trial - protect Freedom? Protect anyone for that matter?

It doesn’t. It’s noting but the pot calling the kettle black. Fighting terrorism with terrorism.

peace

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

So what you think that all of the terrorists should be allowed to regroup inside Pakistan so they can rebuild their training camps and then in a few years launch the next 9/11.

Get real, there is a terrorist threat to the United States of America and to the western world all governments have a mandate to defend national security in the interests of their respected populations. Drones are necessary in killing those who seek to do us harm, it might not be a pretty way of doing things, hell it might even be legally questionable and there is quite a bit of collateral damage. But do you honestly think that the terrorists care about those things either, no given half a change they will happily blow you and your family.

You are the one who is burying your head in the sand with this conspiracy nonsense, you are the one ignoring the very real threats and playing ignorant to the world around you.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

You have lunatics running your country,

I don't know if they are lunatics or not, but they certainly are criminals.

REVOLUTION 2013 woop woop woop woop

Woop woop, Indeed!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So what you think that all of the terrorists should be allowed to regroup inside Pakistan so they can rebuild their training camps and then in a few years launch the next 9/11.

Do you really think that you can stop terrorism in Pakistan without invading that nation also ? It seems clear that the Pakistani government can't do (and has shown clearly that it does not want to) resolve the problem, a problem that was in fact partially created by the US government (I would say 65% blame, the will and money). Using drones in another nation without authorization is an act of war, well the killing of Osama was an act of war, but since Pakistan can't handle a war with the US it is ruled simply criminal (a good way to push Pakistan more into China' s pocket) ...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

why would america want to risk soldiers lives trying to bring this guy out so he could stand trial?

Why risk cops lives when they have the known location of a criminal here in the US? Just use a drone-fired Hellfire missile and blow the house up that he is in.... along with his wife, children, parents, cousins......
All without the money wasting trial and keeping the citizen in jail afterwards. (Please read with sarcasm)

Come on, an American citizen is an American citizen, whether he is here or in a foreign country. They have constitutional guarantees wherever they are.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join