It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carbon Tax, will be next

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The Carbon Tax debate will dominate media, slowly beginning at the end of the month, and become the main story in the beginning of March.

Prediction...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I'm in Canada B.C. and we've had a carbon tax since 2008.

www.fin.gov.bc.ca...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
As far as taxing necessities to life, I suspect the water theft a la fracking/poisoning through radiation will prevail. Prices will soar, taxes will follow. They'll get their cut, since they (the big G) approved the catastrophic practice. Once he has this in place, barry will have no problem getting his fundamental transformation of Amerika. All his masters (Rahm Emmanuel et al) want are a few pesky amendments plucked from the backbone of our sovereign republic, and intervention by the UN. When we are clamoring for water nationwide, it will be easy for rahmsie to seize the crisis.
edit on 16-1-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shell310
I'm in Canada B.C. and we've had a carbon tax since 2008.

www.fin.gov.bc.ca...

I'm more or less referring to media in the United States.

Just to add weight to this prediction, I did a search under google news, and found this:

A Phased-In Carbon Tax
www.nytimes.com...

Listen up, Congressional leaders, to Thomas L. Friedman’s phenomenally good idea: Phase in carbon taxes to both cut the deficit and tame carbon emissions.

The overarching objection to carbon taxes is that they’ll hurt economic growth. Well, any of the solutions to our deficit problem will do that, so we might as well at least get the huge societal benefits of carbon reduction as a silver lining to that cloud. This would truly be a grand bargain.

Or how about this gem...

Letter - Enact carbon tax on coal, oil, natural gas
www.echopress.com...

A recent report by the American Society of Civil Engineers warns that the nation’s infrastructure is in bad repair. Levies, sewers and water systems, bridges, waterways and highways are past their needed age of replacement. Upgrading costs are in the multi-billions and are going unaddressed.

As climate change brings us new weather challenges, the nation’s infrastructure needs will necessarily have to compete with the cost of disaster relief: droughts, agricultural losses, floods and storms. It is difficult to see how all these needs can be met even if we had a functional political system.

These competing needs cannot be allowed to go unmet, yet we cannot afford all that the future portends without adding to the bloated debt. Therefore, we must act to reduce the likelihood of future climate-related disasters which threaten to drain the public purse and forestall needed public projects.

We can speed the transition to clean energy and reduce our use of climate-changing fossil fuels most quickly, efficiently and effectively if we enact a carbon tax on coal, oil and natural gas, levied at the source, and increasing year over year until CO2 ppm are reduced to 1990 levels. This revenue should be returned to the American people as a direct dividend in full or part in order to offset any price increases in basic consumer goods.

Jeanne Johnson,

7th Congressional District

Citizens Climate Lobby

Alexandria, MN

Just you wait. I'm willing to wage all my stars on this prediction, if the Mods would entertain such a thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Carbon currency would be more precise.Not so soon though, but before you know it. It will be the base of international currency.In our future cashless society.You will be paid in carbon credit's.Taxed straight into the UN coffers.Research the carbon currency experiment and trial forced on the local's of Norfolk Island.

new topics

top topics

join