It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morality meltdown!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
thought this might be of interest for parents worried about how kids are bombarded with all the bad stuff society has on offer and how some pretty sick stuff is specifcally sent their way www.propagandamatrix.com...

seems like society is increasingly becoming a "hell on earth" and that being a parent must be getting harder and more worrying

any comments?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
how can we expect our kids to act normal, when they have to deal with a bunch of retarded adults? the child wants love, sadly i figure they are too busy fighting to understand that. watch the south park movie, the parents go to war, with out ever consulting their children, when it is their children who they are fighting for. yeup retarded.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This may be a little off topic but the issue of expecting kids to act normal falls pretty much completley at the hands of the parents-it makes me sick when you her parents talking about there abnormal,tearaway children and blaming it on TV,Movies and things out of their control....Utter crap and copout,parents who take the time to teach their children right from wrong raise normal healthy children who have respect for others and the relevant authorities,were all far too quick to blame behaviour problems on society instead of admitting are failures as teachers,its worked fine for centuries and will continue to do so if parents stop shirking their responsibilities as teachers!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
the worst thing is for parents who don't understand their children and they end up making their children take medicine. I never took medicine only advil for a headache, but my parents both started taking medicince and now i don't know who they are...when children are forced to take medicine before they even know who they are they'll never know who they are and be f$#@d up for life!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Many have noticed this trend, but few have looked at it closely. Morality melt down is part of the hidden agenda. The problem is morals have slowly been pushed aside by politics. This used to be a moral world, but now its a political one.

I will have a thread on this later on that will spell out this covert agenda.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
In China, all the schools and the goverment like to tout Moral Education as one of the pillars of education in the schools and for the society...how does this work with whats happenin' in the states???

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I believe my signature says it all.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
yeah, your signature says most of it....but what about defeating america outside america....it's one thing to make the country fall on its own, its another thing to defeat the country in battle wether its psychological or physically.

in china, mao said america is a paper tiger...looks strong but is weak...in chinese i like to ask the question...if america is a paper tiger....what is the matchstick? (but in chinese it sounds better to say lighter)

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life.

Well, Britain isn't very Patriotic, it's definetly very un-moral and it's spiritial life is dead,

Yup, Britain has sunk pretty low as a society right now

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Yup, Britain has sunk pretty low as a society right now

thank you U.K.wizard,thats why i moved from the place 7 years ago,i wouldnt go back if you payed me!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereInChina
In China, all . . . tout Moral Education as one of the pillars of education

The puppet masters and communists have spent 50+ years sabotaging our culture and it's morals toward it's disintegration.

But the Chinese particularly have been very intent on maintaining the moral integrity of their educational system. Trouble is, corrupt leaders don't help. But it seems to me that the substrate of moral values is stronger in China than the substrate currently is, in the USA.

Though certainly US movies etc. and rock music etc. are eroding things rapidly.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
My comment…I give that website a big zero as a reliable source of impartial and accurate information.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Kids are the reflection of the parent's education... period. If parents don't care about educating their childrens, they just gonna taken care of by this horrible system and they'll become brainwashed by it. Careless parents make bad kids doing dirty things in their life, it's not more complicated than that.

The real problem is that family life has almost collapsed in North America. The issues of parents communicating with their kids through notes on the fridge, not doing feasts on the evenings, throwing them Nicelodeons as entertainment and jsut overall not talking and spending time with them has gotten very mainstream in this society, and you know, parents too will have to make concessions and stop thinking the government or society will arrange things. I know it must be really difficult to straighten things out and improve relations when the mess is already there and your kid is at 13 years old and already went into gang bangs and drugs, but I think there's a solution for every bad situation, even if sometimes radical ones are the most suitable.

Moral conservatism will just make things worse. When fire's in the house, you just don't throw a tank of gas in it. Lack of attention, care, presence and education is what got families to the "hell" where they are, and it's just by getting responsible that parents will improve things.

[edit on 2/2/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
We are products of our environment. If your parents were f'ed up you can bet their parents were f'ed up. The key with kids is love. John Lennon said it best all you need is love. The only way to break the cycle is to recognize what was up with our parents,realize we can do it better and love our children above our selves. Or dont have freaken kids just to get food stamps. And yes I have four thankfully normal happy children.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
Kids are the reflection of the parent's education... period. If parents don't care about educating their childrens, they just gonna taken care of by this horrible system and they'll become brainwashed by it. Careless parents make bad kids doing dirty things in their life, it's not more complicated than that.

You should clarify your statement because it comes off as absolute. And its NOT always the case.

Just last night- my wife had to take our 17 year old daughter to "meet her new lawyer". Why does she need a lawyer? Because she made a series of VERY BAD DECISIONS. Why did she make these bad descions? I ASSURE YOU IT WAS NOT BECAUSE OF US-- THE PARENTS.

We have provided a solid foundation for our children, we are VERY eductated parents and any child would be blessed to have us as parents- our home is a place where children come first- we nurture. We have taught RIGHT- from WRONG, educated our kids, LOVE our kids, LISTEN to our kids etc.. . Family therapies, counsellers, individual therapies, the works... all the while being re-affirmed along the way that as parents- "we are far and few inbetween".. we did everything we could.

However, we were/are up against something MUCH greater than any "good parenting"... the psycology of the "modern day adolescence".

In our case- no matter what we did, our daughter NEVER displayed any sense of "motivation". She fell into the all too common trap of living in the moment- very detached from the idea of "consequence".

How does one "reach a child" who has no ambition for ANYTHING. Having a nice home, eductaion, goals, is the furtherest thing on these kids minds. EMO music is the voice of this generation. A generation who feel as if "hey, i didnt ask to be born- I'm a victim mentality". Whoa- is me, im depressed, life sucks.

No matter what we did, she identified with these emotions, and had a sense of "belonging". Why did she feel like she didnt belong in the first place?? We have no idea. The professional have no ideas- just guesses, SHE doesnt even know why. All she can say is "its feels right to be depressed- its just who i am". "I dont care much about life- its depressing"

Now when you have a child who has no ambition... its tough for them to make a change in there life because THEY DONT WANT TO!!!! THEY DONT CARE!! Which brings me to the topic of "morals". Morals are on decline for many reasons- but in our case- she lacks morals NOT because we didnt instill them in her but because SHE JUST DOESNT CARE.

Our daughter is in ALOT of trouble (she has since moved in with her dad 4 months ago)... and in thick of whats going on, she decided to start growing a pot plant in her fathers house!!! The- point, she is facing serious charges, her life is crashing down on her- and yet she thought it was a good idea to do that???!!! She knew she would be in alot of trouble if she was caught- her answer.. "so? I'm already in alot of trouble-big deal- Im a minor, there is only so much they can do to me".

She was a straight A student... but yet she just doesnt care. Figure out how to get kids to start CARING about themselves and others- and MORALS will change.

Doing things the right way- takes work, hard dedicated work. These kids have become VERY lazy regardless how they have been raised. All they see is "Cribs" and say I want that- but they dont understand the work it takes to "get that"...

Let me add one more thing: its these types of kids who get knocked up at a young age and reproduce compounding the "morality" problem. What parenting skills do these kids have to pass on?? Zero- None.

We as parents have done and are doing everything we could. SHe will be 18 soon and we will be FORCED to do the what no parent wants to do... but if saves her life it will be worth it...

So Echtelion, unless you have walked in the shoes of every parent, I suggest you be less "absolute" about your opinion on the matter.

Peace

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Serum39]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
We are not allowed to teach morality is schools. The democrats and libs complain whee ever something is mentioned to improve students lives.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

6-Year-Old Boy Raised by Homosexuals Wants to Kill Himself

This is silly. Heterosexuals have produced and raised some of the sickest, most deviant, and utterly immoral bastards on the planet. What does it matter that these two guys are crappy parents?

Also, this is not the place for political harrangues, ATS is a conspiracy site, PTS is for strict politics, so lets keep the conspiracy aspect here.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39

You should clarify your statement because it comes off as absolute. And its NOT always the case.

Just last night- my wife had to take our 17 year old daughter to "meet her new lawyer". Why does she need a lawyer? Because she made a series of VERY BAD DECISIONS. Why did she make these bad descions? I ASSURE YOU IT WAS NOT BECAUSE OF US-- THE PARENTS.

We have provided a solid foundation for our children, we are VERY eductated parents and any child would be blessed to have us as parents- our home is a place where children come first- we nurture. We have taught RIGHT- from WRONG, educated our kids, LOVE our kids, LISTEN to our kids etc.. . Family therapies, counsellers, individual therapies, the works... all the while being re-affirmed along the way that as parents- "we are far and few inbetween".. we did everything we could.

However, we were/are up against something MUCH greater than any "good parenting"... the psycology of the "modern day adolescence".

In our case- no matter what we did, our daughter NEVER displayed any sense of "motivation". She fell into the all too common trap of living in the moment- very detached from the idea of "consequence".

How does one "reach a child" who has no ambition for ANYTHING. Having a nice home, eductaion, goals, is the furtherest thing on these kids minds. EMO music is the voice of this generation. A generation who feel as if "hey, i didnt ask to be born- I'm a victim mentality". Whoa- is me, im depressed, life sucks.

No matter what we did, she identified with these emotions, and had a sense of "belonging". Why did she feel like she didnt belong in the first place?? We have no idea. The professional have no ideas- just guesses, SHE doesnt even know why. All she can say is "its feels right to be depressed- its just who i am". "I dont care much about life- its depressing"

Now when you have a child who has no ambition... its tough for them to make a change in there life because THEY DONT WANT TO!!!! THEY DONT CARE!! Which brings me to the topic of "morals". Morals are on decline for many reasons- but in our case- she lacks morals NOT because we didnt instill them in her but because SHE JUST DOESNT CARE.

Our daughter is in ALOT of trouble (she has since moved in with her dad 4 months ago)... and in thick of whats going on, she decided to start growing a pot plant in her fathers house!!! The- point, she is facing serious charges, her life is crashing down on her- and yet she thought it was a good idea to do that???!!! She knew she would be in alot of trouble if she was caught- her answer.. "so? I'm already in alot of trouble-big deal- Im a minor, there is only so much they can do to me".

She was a straight A student... but yet she just doesnt care. Figure out how to get kids to start CARING about themselves and others- and MORALS will change.

Doing things the right way- takes work, hard dedicated work. These kids have become VERY lazy regardless how they have been raised. All they see is "Cribs" and say I want that- but they dont understand the work it takes to "get that"...

Let me add one more thing: its these types of kids who get knocked up at a young age and reproduce compounding the "morality" problem. What parenting skills do these kids have to pass on?? Zero- None.

We as parents have done and are doing everything we could. SHe will be 18 soon and we will be FORCED to do the what no parent wants to do... but if saves her life it will be worth it...

So Echtelion, unless you have walked in the shoes of every parent, I suggest you be less "absolute" about your opinion on the matter.

Peace

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Serum39]

Right, but what I meant by kids being the reflection of the education and care of their parents is not that they'll be totally programmed and unable to do stupid or ugly things. Just as you can't expect a teenager to be the nice little soft child that he was before puberty and attempting his first strikes at being an adult.

I have'nt had a kid but I studied developmental psyhoclogy a lot in university, especially the cognitive and psychodynamic schools, and I know that between 12- 25 years old, youngsters turn out to be bitches and stop listening to parents, and that is NORMAL, since it's during these ages that they become free individuals and they need to define values and codes for themselves. THis is the times where they do many kinds of experiments and try outs, and some of these might even seem morally repugnant or disturbing to most decent people. Almost everyone did things as a teenage that he just woul'nt remember...

I have no doubt that you provided your girl with a great education, and that'll still have a positive effect on the long term in her life (believe me), as long as this education was not of the "arbitrary moralist" kind, and more aimed at teaching the girl how to be autonomous and intelligent. But the crap that's happening to her seems to have more to do with her clashing with the "adult world" rather than being somekind of careless monster. I know there might be some problematic kids which are ego maniacs from the start (but they are very rare), but seems like even there are ways to improve them. The important question to ask, I think, is: as she always been like that... or it's just since she became that bitchy, arrogant, careless girl?

Yes it's true that this system is essentially working against moral behaviors as a whole, and not just through things like fashion, video games and MTV, but also through the whole corporate culture and public education. All I said is that parents are the ones that have the central responsibility in the way their kids grow up and learn. I stay convinced that parental disengagement is the biggest problem... parents should not expect the system to take care of their kids, they should fight against that every way they can, and do just as parents did with their kids for thousands of years.

Sometimes I think that the only way to make a kid suitable for this world is to teach him to be a total sociopath that only thinks about his own interests and whats do have as much power, wealth and sex as possible... but that would be to create a monster who'll be a general annoyance, or danger to society. Sadly it's what many parents do unintentionally.

[edit on 3/2/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life.

Well, Britain isn't very Patriotic, it's definetly very un-moral and it's spiritial life is dead,

WORD!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think some of the blame may have to fall with the current American mindset of success. Parents are too busy trying to be "successful" to pay attention to their kids.
This happened between me and my Dad. (Single parent raising)
My Dad's not a bad guy, just got caught up in the whole making life better thing and forgot little old me...okay, I never was a little guy.
But I see alot of youth today (used to be a youth leader at my Church) who DECIDE to do bad things despite a great upbringing.
I chose not to do bad things (unless you count numerous TPing missions and one substantial egging) but so many kids think its cool to do things that are either immoral or against the law.
Even that goes to the parents caught up in other things vein, alot of this is a cry for help and attention.
Personally I beleive it goes both ways.

new topics

top topics

join