It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Year Old Annunaki Cities Discovered in Africa

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
And according to ATS folks, theres plenty of gold powder in the ocean.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm not buying the theory that the Annunaki would [need to] come to Earth to mine gold. Unless our planet is denser in the element than any other celestial object in the galaxy. Even then, for the prospect of obtaining raw materials, they would be better off mining asteroids. Asteroids and small moons that are extremely dense with gold would be far more suitable to mine than our planet.

Then again there may be more to it; e.g due to the habitability of Earth, it may be a preferred environment. I can imagine if the missions were manned by the Annunaki themselves, mining asteroids or dead moons could be bad psychologically; coming to a planet populated with lush ecosystems, blue oceans & green landscapes might appeal. At the same time, if they have the level of technology to traverse the galaxy in the first place, you'd assume they also have synthetic life that could do it in their stead.

So if they lived on our planet at some point in the past, I doubt mining gold would be the primary purpose.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
For arguments sake, name a known asteroid that has a high gold content.

Name a celestial body that could support 100-500K individuals and mining operations.

Anyone ever tried to mine a small object in zero gravity?

A lot of these poster's counter arguments are just as ignorant and impractical as the original premise of genetically engineering biological machines to do work, you know casue its not like we bio-engineer bacteria and other organic materials to do things machine can't or anything...... I mean we would never change a biological entity at the genetic level to solve a problem when we can use wires and metals to do the same thing at higher costs right??

I mean if you were sooooo advanced you would just use robots to do EVERYTHING cause like it would be easy to build intelligent AI's to operate in constantly changing circumstances in harsh extremely dusty conditions and make self contained filter systems to keep circuits clean all while keeping your imaging devices able to detect the difference between dust and rocks that were self replicating and essentially free resources right?? I mean we're aliens screw biology!

Not that I buy into stichin but man, it's pretty obvious alot of you people have never taken a physics class or understand action - reaction.

Certainly no early settlers ever mined easily accessible gold veins practically exposed at the surface similarly to these ancient mines with pick axes and some pans.....If you think about it landing on a planet for whatever reason and then leveraging a pre-existing resource of humans for labor is about the most efficient way you could possibly do this. I mean humans never used to use natural resources like horses as a primary form of transportaion until like 1920 because I mean, we'd just build a car right?
edit on 16-1-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKMDC1

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Oannes

Sounds like L. Ron Hubbard's book "Battlefield Earth".

Is this a a Scientology scam or where the hell did this crap theory of mining gold come from?

"The Earth Chronicles" by Zecharian Sitchin. His ideas aren't popular right now (they were all the craze circa 1994) but his day will come back around. Just like the Patterson Bigfoot footage... what was once debunked will get a second look. Sitchin's books basically laid the foundation for all the "Ancient Aliens" stuff you see today. Van Daniken gets all the credit, but what he did pales in comparison to what Sitchin did. Unfortunately, Sitchin's books aren't noted properly and he neglects to site many sources at all and therefore he has tons and tons of debunkers right now, but his ideas are fascinating... and yes even the detail of the gold and what they needed it for is fascinating in the way he either correctly or incorrectly translates Sumerican cuneiform and glyphs to come to his conclusions. In his defense, he may have mistranslated some things, but he didn't make anything up. Everything he said he had a reason for saying it. That's what I love about his books. The archeology leads to the answers everytime... Now, it's up to an individual to determine whether they think his archeology was any good.

Anyone with a serious interest in the ancient alien theory has to read Sitchin. Otherwise, you are missing the whole foundation of the movement in my opinion.

uh sitchin was a sloppy ignorant amateur claiming to have been an expert in a field he barely knew anything about.
they have a dictionary for the sumarian language, if he was out to properly translate the language he wouldn't have made up things, yes he made up things, he would have translated the words correctly.
oh wait he was out to sell books.

he sowed total confusion by conflating different stories from different cultures, used words that a language didn't have and made up definitions for words he had no clue about

that is poor scholarship and we should be looking to the experts not figuring out what they mean on our own if our basis is flawed and wrong.

by the way where can i find evidence that any texts talk about anyone mining gold? i've read the texts and not one version except the nonsense from sitchin and others says anything about mining for gold. the story sitchins and other AAT believers site is the babylonian story, and the reason man was created was because the lesser gods were tired of working fields and digging canals not mining gold.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
Idea not scrapped, because the evidence is still around today. The reason stone was used is because it would virtually stand as a testament to there superior capabilities. The Megalithic structures all around the world all show evidence of advanced manufacturing. A perfect example would be Puma-Punku. Stone dies have been found that were used to cast metal. This site is at least 12,000 years old. I belive that all over this planet there are landing sites for the Els. Giza, Ollytaytambu, Baalbek. They were all designed to support massive weights. These were all landing platforms for there Din-gir.

where is your evidence that puma-punku is 20 thousand years old? unless you doubt the isotope halflifes of radio-carbon dating puma-punku is only about 1500 years old.
the evidence says it was build around 500ad. what metal are we talking about? gold,silver? what? as far as i can tell they were just entering the bronze age when the spanish came and obliterated their culture.

what the heck makes you think baalbek was a landing site for ETs? the romans left proof of moving big rocks, and we have evidence from those cranes.
for a people who were helped by aliens, there sure is a dearth of information on it, i mean rome recorded everything, yet not a peep about their gods coming down to help trajan build onto t he temple of jupiter or when antoninus pius had the temple of bacchus built.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Well, why do you think gold is so rare on this planet? Maybe they already got most of it and left with it sometime way back in the past?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vind21

Name a celestial body that could support 100-500K individuals and mining operations.

A lot of these poster's counter arguments are just as ignorant and impractical as the original premise of genetically engineering biological machines to do work, you know casue its not like we bio-engineer bacteria and other organic materials to do things machine can't or anything...... I mean we would never change a biological entity at the genetic level to solve a problem when we can use wires and metals to do the same thing at higher costs right??

I mean if you were sooooo advanced you would just use robots to do EVERYTHING cause like it would be easy to build intelligent AI's to operate in constantly changing circumstances in harsh extremely dusty conditions and make self contained filter systems to keep circuits clean all while keeping your imaging devices able to detect the difference between dust and rocks that were self replicating and essentially free resources right?? I mean we're aliens screw biology!

Not that I buy into stichin but man, it's pretty obvious alot of you people have never taken a physics class or understand action - reaction.

Certainly no early settlers ever mined easily accessible gold veins practically exposed at the surface similarly to these ancient mines with pick axes and some pans.....If you think about it landing on a planet for whatever reason and then leveraging a pre-existing resource of humans for labor is about the most efficient way you could possibly do this. I mean humans never used to use natural resources like horses as a primary form of transportaion until like 1920 because I mean, we'd just build a car right?
edit on 16-1-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

not exactly a good analogy, we are talking about a species that can cross vast distances of space verses bronze age humans.
come on bro, think a bit about it.
everyone who believes in the AAT claims they are super advanced, so advanced we stole tech from them because we can't create it.

sorry what? enslaving humans would be more efficient? in what world would that be true? assuming the aliens would follow a path way of producing smaller and smaller ways of powering machines like we do, a robot would be way more efficient than slaves.
not only do they never tire, never rebel or need to eat, they also never die, they don't care if a ceiling collapses on them.
considering at our level of technology we are looking into AI, a species that can cross lightyears with ease should be able to do it.

your argument just comes off as an argument from incredulity.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Scientist and researcher Michael Tellinger discussed archaeological and genetic evidence in support of Zecharia Sitchin's work showing that the Anunnaki created humans through genetic experimentation to serve as slaves for gold mining.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

This guy has no credibility. Stichen has been proved wrong over and over again.

By whom? And where did their funding come from?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The gold wasn't the prize.....We were.

Gold you can get more or less anywhere.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Nicely put,
I generaly try to stay out of these kinds of conversations, because the premise is ludicrous.
Like you said if they have the tech for faster than light travel they don't need slaves to mine a metal they could easliy create in a particle accelerater.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You can't create and shape a society in a particle-accellerator though can you?

The (quest for) gold was (and remains) just a means to an end.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Errrr yes these super smart inter planetary traveling aliens dump 100-500k miners onto one asteroid at a time, no they'd do what id assume we would, teams of 100 or so in bases all throughout the asteroid belt prospecting.

Some of these 'small objects' are the size of countries. Hell Vesta is over 500km in diameter... and mining wouldnt be all that hard given their tech level, hell you could make ship that basically consumes the small asteroids and processes them internally.

Certainly no early settlers ever mined easily accessible gold veins practically exposed at the surface similarly to these ancient mines with pick axes and some pans.....If you think about it landing on a planet for whatever reason and then leveraging a pre-existing resource of humans for labor is about the most efficient way you could possibly do this. I mean humans never used to use natural resources like horses as a primary form of transportation until like 1920 because I mean, we'd just build a car right?

Yeah but where talking about a alien race that's claimed to be hundreds of millenia old who are supposed gods at genetics and technology.

Whats funny is, just what quantity of gold would you mine in 150,000 years... I mean sheesh, I doubt earth even has that amount on it given how aggressive their mining supposedly was. What I find funny is...

Given their tech, intelligence and age. Why the hell didnt they just park Nibiru in a proper orbit around the sun so they wouldnt need the damn gold in the first place. Or maybe create an artificial cloud layer, or create a planet encasing reflective sphere around their world... or use that free energy of theirs to just keep the heaters on.

The whole Nibiru story falls to pieces the moment you start thinking about solutions we would do in their situation in anyway or form. But hey I guess they arent as epic as the Stargatesque movie plot (and yeah the movie came out after Stichins bollocks but still) also given Nibirus supposed huge orbit how many times did it do a round trip in those 150,000 years. I mean it would keep on moving wouldnt it? and could they mine enough gold each trip for the job (I mean your talking about needing huge quantities of the stuff to particulate then spread in the atmosphere of a jupiter sized world, i mean you could take 1million tons of gold, vaporize it and throw into the atmosphere, and it would do sweet fanny all here on earth)... which comes to the issue I thought of...

Why not just friggin recycle the damn gold they were already using in their atmosphere to keep the heat in? or did they have to survive millions of years in the cold before some bright spark in their civilization said 'hey i got this plan, next time we pass that planet with all the water lets mine its gold for this idea I got... everyone set your alarm clocks for 2,000 years from now... ill go get some more wood for the fire in the mean time brb."

Sorry just find this stuff stupidly maddening.
edit on 16-1-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by squarehead666
You can't create and shape a society in a particle-accellerator though can you?

The (quest for) gold was (and remains) just a means to an end.

that is nothing but begging the question.
why do you assume that is the goal of the annunaki?
other than the assumptions that have been attached to the word, there is no evidence of anything indicating the goal of the annunaki.
where is the evidence from babylonian,sumerian or akkaddian mythology that they mean us harm? have you read the story sitchin wrongly translated?
i see no indication that they were anything but benign, heck from what i've read, the human race was created by the gods to give two of the gods something to do.
they were the grain and animal gods that were created to feed and clothe the other gods, but the other gods had no need for food or drink, and felt no need for clothing.

so the human race was created to replace the gods that didn't need food and clothing, an odd story but amusing.

anyone got a synopsis of the source for the claim that the annunaki are hostile to humans?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Where did I suggest hostility?

The whole thing strikes me as what sci-fi author David Brin would describe as an 'uplift':

Uplift Universe
edit on 16-1-2013 by squarehead666 because: s&p

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well I listened to the Op's video, the coast to coast
interview with Michael Tellinger(sp?). And thought it was
very entertaining and provocative.

Everything comes down to the patina growth on the structures
and the formed rock "tools" he says are an entirely new category
of stone tools. It's some mega claims, but it was interesting for sure.
Now off to check these cities out, a bunch more, on the internets.
S&F fo sure.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BayesLike

The Annunaki have been completely exposed as speculative theories and creative fantasy, no one can pinpoint the source material. I still do not know why this type of thread is not automatically moved to the hoax bin.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by BayesLike
Gold is so non-reactive that it makes me cringe every time I hear of it being used in large quantities to clean an atmosphere of another planet. It's almost unimaginable there could be a reaction with an atmospheric pollutant where something else was not a better catalyst.

It would have also been much cheaper and more productive to engineer bacteria to concentrate gold in large quantities and set up a flow of seawater to be the source of the gold. And, of course, there's the question of why not just mine the asteroid belt?

I mean: why would the Annunaki be so backwards and inefficient as to experiment with sequentially bioengineering an intelligent slave with at least a minimum of a decade between generations, when they could do better with unthinking bacteria with generations measured in minutes or hours?

Your points are valid and do not make sense if the Annunaki are ancient beings from outer space. There are too many conflicts to believe that thought line. I and many others believe they are fallen angels stuck here on Earth. If they had spaceships the size of continents to travel around the universe they would be easily detectable. They seem to travel in tiny ships that appear and disappear as if jumping through dimensions, ie physical to spiritual.

In 1964 April 24th Gary Wilcox claimed to have spoken to two martians when they landed on his farm. They were amazed that he saw their craft. I do think that craft have come and gone for ages and are complete masters at cloaking those space ships. I highly recommend looking up Linda Mouton Howe's interview with a prison guard and his testimony at seeing a craft in the act of cloaking itself. Cloaking craft is so important to understand in realizing the genuine capabilities of UFO not being seen. In fact the US military is trying to do that now. But some civilizations are probably millions of years ahead of us if not billions etc.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

While the Annunaki thing has no real base on reality, mechanical robots are not superior to biological machines like us in most not direct computational tasks. Biological machines need no real maintenance, consume less energy and replicate cheaply.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by Mercurio

While the Annunaki thing has no real base on reality, mechanical robots are not superior to biological machines like us in most not direct computational tasks. Biological machines need no real maintenance, consume less energy and replicate cheaply.

When he said robots, it can be interpreted as any advanced form of artificial life.They may be cyborgs --- a hybrid of mechanical & biological systems. Impervious to disease, pathogens; containing no genetic 'flaws'. They would also have a form of cognitive computing that blends classical computation with quantum. Extreme flexibility, adaptation, strength, & self-maintenance/repair.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

But crap at art.

2nd. (& that's a first!
)
edit on 16-1-2013 by squarehead666 because: clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join