It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter 'crashes into crane' in London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

The London Fire Brigade said it had received multiple calls of a helicopter hitting a crane in Vauxhall.

Ex-BBC producer Paul Ferguson said the helicopter "plummeted straight into the ground". People have reported seeing a pall of smoke in the area.

Police said they first received calls at 08:00 GMT and the London Ambulance Service said it was also at the scene.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Not really sure what took place at this time, but it makes me wonder. I am not from there so I am not familiar with the laws sorry if the questions seem stupid.

Do they require lights/flags to be visable on cranes and such to let air traffic see them easier?

Are helicopters allowed to fly that close to buildings (assuming this one did not have a landing pad on it)?

Did anyone in the area happen to see this or hear it as it took place? If so can you give some detail that we are not reading about?

I am not reading of any deaths, I assume there is at least one though.

Raist

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Apparently helicopter took off from a helipad in Battersea, south of vauxhall. There is a lot of low lying fog and smog around in the mornings, so not ideal flying conditions. I don't think there is anything sinister involved

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Ah okay. So it sort of boils down to operator error.

That is better than it being down with purpose. I hope not many died. I am sure that there is at least one death, though I have not read it yet.

Raist

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Existing thread can be found here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue discussion in that thread

Thank you

Thread closed..

top topics

join