It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter crash in london video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Here is a traffic picture from twitter but using our 'Transport for London' camera feed - that definitely looks like a bit of crane on the pavement left hand side .
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
As someone who used to live in this area, i would say this isn't to do with any kind of conspiracy involving MI6 etc. But an unfortunate accident from a commercial helicoptor heading back here:

The London Heliport - Battersea

The London Heliport - How to find us

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Considering the bad weather we have had here in the UK in the last 48 hours, I do not understand why a local heliport would try to take up a small helicopter when in some parts of the country were at -12c.
Also, if being a trained pilot, being aware that visibility in the Great Smoke would be poor to say the least.
Also, local heliports do not have the facilities that major airports do, so checking your machine over and over again in weather like this would be vital, more so when flying a machine that wants to throw you to the ground.

Very sad state of affairs here, and very tragic. Two lives lost in a built up area.

And not impressed with the jokes and humour being flung around about this either.

Grow up.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Heavy Breather on the second video

On a serious note though, I just saw the report on skynews.... looks like a pretty bad one.... maybe those Missiles which were put up on top of the blocks of flats and other buildings for the Olympics finally got used!!

Didnt want them going to waste now did we???

Humour aside.... its a shame people lost their live's or are injured on their way to work!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by goou111

Heavy Breather on the second video

If i was pretty close to that happening i would be breathing heavily too, i may of even wet my pants.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm currently sat in front of the BBC news channel and have watched the emergency services speaking to the press, here's what I've got so far.

Augusta 109 helicopter.
On a scheduled flight from somewhere in surrey to london.
Flight was diverted due to bad weather (fog).
There were no passengers on board.
Pilot is dead.
One member of public on the ground killed in vicinity of crash.
No one in the crane cab when it was cut in half by helicopter.
At leat two vehicles caught up in fire/crash.
Driver of one vehicle, minor injuries.
9 people treated for injuries 4/5 went to hospital.
One person in critical condition.

***Reports coming through that someone around 22nd october reported how dangerous the crane was beause it did not have a working aircraft warning light.*** maybe it had been fixed, but maybe not.
edit on 16-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Since i also posted it on the other topic of this incident i will post it here to.

Witnesses said the aircraft cartwheeled out of the sky after it smashed into a crane on St George Wharf Tower, in Vauxhall, amid heavy fog, then exploded into flames. Burning wreckage and aviation fuel covered the road and people have reported seeing cars on fire and hearing people scream. Pictures showed flames and a huge column of black smoke at the crash site just off Wandsworth Road near South Lambeth Road. Firefighters say the crane is now in a "precarious" position. It is not clear how many people are involved but sources say there was only one person aboard the aircraft, which is believed to be an Augusta 109. The London City Airport in Docklands had delays earlier in the day due to poor visibility. Witnesses said at least 22 fire engines were at the scene, as well as police and ambulances. Aviation expert Chris Yates told Sky News that any tall structure must have a warning light on top to alert pilots. The question is, he said, whether there was a warning light on the crane and whether the pilot would have been able to see it in the foggy conditions. The accident happened close to a railway line and train services were briefly suspended but are now running in and out of Waterloo station. Vauxhall station is closed.

Update : 2 People died(1 is the pilot) in the accident and 9 are injured and taken to a hospital.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Blimey.... I just remembered a vision I had and kept having over a period of time a couple of years ago which was a vision of a helicopter smashing into a pilon or a building of some sort in central London!!

Wish I had posted about that vision now in the predictions thread!!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
what?......no conspirecy about the NWO or illuminati doing this?....or Obama? or Iran? or terrorists? just a horrible mistake by a pilot. regrets for him and the other passengers and their families

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
So here i got some additional info about the helicopter crash.

12 Injured and 2 people died.

Five people were taken to hospital. One had a broken leg and the others had minor injuries. Seven people were treated at the scene.We rescued a man from a burning car at the scene of the helicopter crash

It is thought some of the injured were hit by falling debris.

This map shows the crane site(A) and crash location(B)

Map click here

Crane aftermath

There's also going a rumours of a person that somehow got in the water after the accident.

Picture shows a fireman crew member looking up from lifeboat on Thames at crane hit by helicopter this morning in Vauxhall

Crash Aftermath:

edit on 16-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Apparently the crane driver was late for work today, otherwise he'd have been up there when it hit.

If ever there was a day to be late for work, today was it!

CX.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join