It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Takes Back Gold: US Dollar Collapsing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelongjourney
So I want to know to all those in here furiously proclaiming utter financial catastrophe from this: how long do we have to wait until you apologize for being wrong? I know people on ATS want economic doom, in fact most people here actually get off to the idea, but the same people have been predicting the US dollar would collapse for 6+ years now. So can I bump this thread in 6 months when there is no hysterical financial disaster, no food lines, no dollar collapsing? Will all you fear mongers apologize and admit you were wrong when nothing happens 6 months from now?

Dont bother answering. 6 months from now all the people furiously masturbating to doom in this thread will have picked up some other minor news story and trumpet it as the herald of the end for the economy, and ignore the fact that they've been 100% wrong for years.

You cant blame Folks fo expecting this. Mathematic says it should have happened by now. The US isnt staying afloat because of successful economics or high production. They are raising debt limits, storming the globe with troops and sta ki.g lies over lies.

That sort of behavior has proven to fail and chronologically they are in late stage.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
America would be stupid to give it back, even if we did have it. People seem to forget that America looks out for America's interest. Just like all nations should do; lookout for number one, which is your own people.
edit on 17-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dosaka

What are you talking about?

So, according to you this is another one of those events that is going to completely and irreversibly topple the U.S. economy, correct? LOOOOLLL!!!...

No I did not say that. Not this event alone this is more an indicator of how weak the dollar is.

Ok, lets get one thing straight, we are on FIAT CURRENCY, we are no longer in the gold bug era, got it? The world economy (as I'm sure you've heard) is an interconnected web, possibly the most critical node of this web; the US economy.

And all fiat currencies fail it is a mathematical certainty. With QE infinity pumping 40 billion a month into the currency to shore it up how long do you think it can last now? You cannot debase the currency for ever we are at the end of the cycle. The only thing keeping the dollar alive is oil. That is changing and Germany pulling there gold means they see the writing on the wall. Nobody is buying our bonds either so the Federal reserve is buying them if you knew anything about the monetary system that would be a huge clue to you.

The short and straight; the US goes down, EVERYTHING GOES DOWN.

Every single damn country, every damn dollar, yen, shilling, is vested in the US economic performance. There is almost nobody, save the poor, the destitute, and the morbidly curious, who is interested in pulling the whole thing apart by the seems. Its another M.A.D. type concept only on a global scale and more circle jerk than Mexican standoff.

It doesn't matter all debt based fiat currencies fail as I said its a mathematical certainty. When your monetary system relies on debt and inflation to increase the economy it debases the currency. The dollars purchasing power has lost 93% since 1913. We are at the end past the point of no return. All those other countries have followed suit they will all go down too eventually.

What Germany is doing now is largely a public relations campaign, fueled by public anxiety over the Euro bail outs... I dont think there's much more to see here...

You simply do not have a clue how the monetary system works. You won't be laughing soon. Here is a hint; think Zimbabwe, and one more hint:

edit on 17-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Sorry Germany, you'll have as much luck getting that gold back as Obama has at taking our guns.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I gathered some information and put it into context for those of you who were wondering where all the gold is said to be.

This is based on information from the World Gold Council

#1: United States
Tonnes: 8,133.5
% of reserves: 74.2%

#2: Germany
Tonnes: 3,401.0
% of reserves: 71.4%

#3: Italy
Tonnes: 2,451.8
% of reserves: 71.2%

#4: France
Tonnes: 2,435.4
% of reserves: 66.2%

#5: China
Tonnes: 1,054.1
% of reserves: 1.6%

#6: Switzerland
Tonnes: 1,040.1
% of reserves: 17.8%

#7: Russia
Tonnes: 836.7
% of reserves: 7.7%

#8: Japan
Tonnes: 765.2
% of reserves: 3.3%

#9: Netherlands
Tonnes: 612.5
% of reserves: 58.9%

#10: India
Tonnes: 557.7
% of reserves: 8.7%

The largest foreign holder of U.S. debt is China, which owns more about $1.2 trillion in bills, notes and bonds, according to the Treasury. In total, China owns about 8 percent of publicly held U.S. debt.

About.com

If the dollar collapses there will be a global hurricane Katrina. It could cause the U.S. to go into another depression. A civil war could break out and then the economy could collapse sending us back to the stone age.

But in the end we would win. All our debt would be cleared and we will come out on top with the most assets.

-Alien

edit on 1/17/2013 by Alien Abduct because: added link

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
nice thread

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sonia274

Feels like hoax to me.

The original coverage from the AP indicated the total of the gold being moved from the US AND France is $36 billion, not the $200 billion from US claimed in the opening post.

Also, FXstreet shows the dollar on a bit of a rise over the past three days.

Smells like hoax from a fringe site that benefits from gold hysteria.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by sonia274

Feels like hoax to me.

The original coverage from the AP indicated the total of the gold being moved from the US AND France is $36 billion, not the $200 billion from US claimed in the opening post.

Also, FXstreet shows the dollar on a bit of a rise over the past three days.

Smells like hoax from a fringe site that benefits from gold hysteria.

Why would you say it feels like a hoax when they have confirmed they are taking back at least 300 tons? The OP quoted an article that said 200 billion in gold perhaps that is just the total they have out but this is clearly a trend.

Also I bet transporting 200 billion right now would be highly risky so I am guessing this is just the first of many calls for their gold.... It is interesting that Germany had a hard time getting to actually see the gold.

And the rise in the dollar in comparison to other fiat currencies indexes is meaningless when it has lost 93% of it purchasing power since 1913. You guys don't seem to understand the whole world is on the same debt based money from nothing scheme... The dollar is on borrowed time.

edit on 17-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

hmm do you in the USA have increasing gold weigh in centers advertised on tv?
do in the UK and it got me thinking a little...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

So I want to know to all those in here furiously proclaiming utter financial catastrophe from this: how long do we have to wait until you apologize for being wrong? I know people on ATS want economic doom, in fact most people here actually get off to the idea, but the same people have been predicting the US dollar would collapse for 6+ years now. So can I bump this thread in 6 months when there is no hysterical financial disaster, no food lines, no dollar collapsing? Will all you fear mongers apologize and admit you were wrong when nothing happens 6 months from now?

Dont bother answering. 6 months from now all the people furiously masturbating to doom in this thread will have picked up some other minor news story and trumpet it as the herald of the end for the economy, and ignore the fact that they've been 100% wrong for years.

You cant blame Folks fo expecting this. Mathematic says it should have happened by now. The US isnt staying afloat because of successful economics or high production. They are raising debt limits, storming the globe with troops and sta ki.g lies over lies.

That sort of behavior has proven to fail and chronologically they are in late stage.

And this is why people make fun of conspiracy theorists. Mathematics says nothing like "it should have happened by now", and anyone who understands basic economics never thought the US was close to economic collapse. The debt limit has ALWAYS been raised, were actually WITHDRAWING troops from Iraq.

I know I'm preaching to the wrong choir here. I am just so tired of people fear mongering over a collapse that never comes. I know you guys want it so bad, oh so bad. But its not going to come. Well be well into the next economic boom and people will still be on ATS telling us economic collapse will happen any day.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
You simply do not have a clue how the monetary system works. You won't be laughing soon. Here is a hint; think Zimbabwe, and one more hint:

And this is why threads like this are so funny. Prophets of doom and fear predicting economic collapse who are citing points of fact that they clearly dont understand at a fundamental level.

What is so hilarious about your comment is that we would be the next Zimbabwe if conspiracy theorists had their way and we "ended the fed" and let Congress control monetary policy. That is exactly how Zimbabwe ended up going into a inflationary spiral - their central bank stopped being autonomous and decisions for monetary policy were placed in the hands of elected leaders. And since elected leaders always want to get re-elected, they made monetary policy decisions for short term gain and long term disaster.

The situation in the US is completely different, in spite of conspiracy theorists. The federal reserve us autonomous and elected leaders have oversight authority but cant actually make monetary policy. The fact that you compare the two is laughable.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

And this is why threads like this are so funny. Prophets of doom and fear predicting economic collapse who are citing points of fact that they clearly dont understand at a fundamental level.

What is so hilarious about your comment is that we would be the next Zimbabwe if conspiracy theorists had their way and we "ended the fed" and let Congress control monetary policy. That is exactly how Zimbabwe ended up going into a inflationary spiral - their central bank stopped being autonomous and decisions for monetary policy were placed in the hands of elected leaders. And since elected leaders always want to get re-elected, they made monetary policy decisions for short term gain and long term disaster.

The situation in the US is completely different, in spite of conspiracy theorists. The federal reserve us autonomous and elected leaders have oversight authority but cant actually make monetary policy. The fact that you compare the two is laughable.

Whats really laughable is people like you thinking the Federal reserve is going to save us from collapse when they have led us to the very brink and have the dollar on life support right now with QE infinity.

And for the record I don't believe government should have anything to do with the currency. However the Federal reserve has a forced monopoly by government mandate so how are they any better then congress especially considering their results that have us on the brink of disaster.

Like I said you have no clue what you are talking about!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Well about time we get some of our gold back, I don't trust the FED anymore with the billions on debt the US is amassing.
And I think, if the crisis gets more worse here in europe, the EURO will be finally connected to gold like in the old days. Bail out isn't a possibility for Germany, so instead of stabilizing the EURO alone with our countries economy, there must be other ways of doing this before the # hits the fan.
edit on 17/1/2013 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Whats really laughable is people like you thinking the Federal reserve is going to save us from collapse when they have led us to the very brink and have the dollar on life support right now with QE infinity.

Very true indeed.
Fed Announced Increase of $45 Billion in UNSTERILIZED Monthly Treasury Purchases!

The Fed is not even a government agency and does answer to no one.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Nothing to see here, folks. Just business as usual.

Germany wants its gold back. So does Venezula. China recently encouraged its citizens to buy gold, and of course, there's the ongoing talk of a gold dollar for the Islamic world.

Meanwhile, in the USA, we've got companies buying up gold left and right, encouraging people to dump thier "old gold" for cash. Go to the coin shop to buy precious metals, and they want your name and address. (It happened to me.)

Either America is smart and everyone else is stupid, or something's afoot.

The last time there was this much demand for repatriation of gold, France sent a battleship to New York to pick thiers up. Might be interesting to see if it gets that far this time.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If i were Germany, and they get their gold back (hmmm) i'd recommend cutting more than a few ingots and bars in half...there's a good chance the outside cm or so is gold, the interior could just be plain old lead.

That's if there's even any gold at all. Most of it has probably been nicked already.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Talliostro

Yeah, and that idiot Gordon Brown flogged all Britains gold off at rock bottom prices.

So when the gold standard returns, Britain will be up crap creek without a paddle.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
why would Germany keep theyre gold in another country

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

This has been explained before, to keep it save from invading soviet forces during a "Cold war gone hot" scenario.
Nowadays, this particular scenario is highly unlikely, so the main reason is to keep a currency breakdown in check by exchanging gold in foreign currencies like dollar/pound for paying bills etc.

What I find somewhat amusing are the statements here: "When the US goes down, everything else will too..." You folks do realize, that when the Eurozone or China is going down, everything else will too?
The global economy is somewhat fragile, that's the reason why china is trying to help the eurozone getting its problems in check, they cannot afford a financial breakdown and the same principle applies to the US.
It will be somewhat interesting to see, when China and the Eurozone have solved their problems, if they screw the US, because america isn't needed anymore.

edit on 17/1/2013 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Your naive pacifier...get with the program.better yet do some investigating..ya know its called research...try it

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join