It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Takes Back Gold: US Dollar Collapsing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Iran plans to exclude dollar, euro from foreign transactions: minister

Iranian Economy Minister Seyed Shamseddin Hosseini said Monday that Tehran plans to exclude the currencies of the Western states, specially US dollar and euro, from its foreign trade transactions, semi-official Fars news agency reported.

more below...

www.globaltimes.cn...
edit on 16-1-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
LOL - The FED announced it will take seven years for the German's to get their gold.

www.zerohedge.com...

That`s as good as an admission that they don`t have the gold.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Dear Germany,

Unfortunately our dark overlords from the planet Nibiru have confiscated all of our gold. Do you accept gold-plated tungsten bars in lieu of solid gold bars?

Sincerely,

Fort Knox

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Germany wants their gold holdings repatriated to home soil. They have asked the French to return all of their gold, at a rate of 50 tonnes per year until all 374 metric tonnes are received. The French have just commenced military operations in Mali. Mali is Africa's third largest gold producer. Mali, this past year, increased its gold production by just over 50 metric tonnes. Is anyone else seeing the connection here? I'm willing to bet that France does not have Germany's gold and the Bundesbank has given them a few years to mine it from Mali. Yet the Mali source must be secure, hence the military must make sure the gold flows.

...comment from: www.zerohedge.com...

Now that is interesting indeed.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" ~Adolph Hitler, 1935,on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

I also find this to be a stupid quote to be tossed about. Not only did Hitler never say that, the Nazis were gun nuts training everyone starting as children.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

If the gold must flow, and the spice must flow, does that then mean that gold is the spice?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

I can see it noww

Knock knock-- who is it?
germany we need our gold back

well we spent it

what? what did you spend it on?

all these nuclear warheads.. how bad do you want it?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I have this theory the CN tower in Edmonton, AB will be hit by that Boeing

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by spyder550
This sounds a wee less conspiratorial

But the central bank came under pressure last year when Germany's independent Federal Auditors' Office last year concluded it failed to properly oversee its gold reserves. The auditor suggested the central bank should carry out regular inspections of the gold held abroad to verify its book value or change the reserves' management. The auditors' report stunned Germany, where the Bundesbank routinely tops polls of the nation's most trusted institutions. The central bank was taken aback and maintained it didn't see the need for more scrutiny in overseeing the reserves, saying "there is no doubt about the integrity of the foreign storage sites."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I tend to go with the less hair on fire stuff -- just me and Occam

What do you mean by less conspiratorial? There is no conspiracy it is well known the dollar is on life support. You think them wanting 200 billion in gold back in their hands is just a result of an management audit and nothing more?...

No it is not "well known" that the dollar is on life support. You may believe that but it is not "well known" amongst people who know these things.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

This sounds a wee less conspiratorial

But the central bank came under pressure last year when Germany's independent Federal Auditors' Office last year concluded it failed to properly oversee its gold reserves. The auditor suggested the central bank should carry out regular inspections of the gold held abroad to verify its book value or change the reserves' management. The auditors' report stunned Germany, where the Bundesbank routinely tops polls of the nation's most trusted institutions. The central bank was taken aback and maintained it didn't see the need for more scrutiny in overseeing the reserves, saying "there is no doubt about the integrity of the foreign storage sites."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I tend to go with the less hair on fire stuff -- just me and Occam

What do you mean by less conspiratorial? There is no conspiracy it is well known the dollar is on life support. You think them wanting 200 billion in gold back in their hands is just a result of an management audit and nothing more?...

No it is not "well known" that the dollar is on life support. You may believe that but it is not "well known" amongst people who know these things.

Of course it is well known it is not a matter of belief if is matter of math and facts. And who are the people you think supposedly know these things? The only people who do not know these things are brain dead sheeple who are mesmerized by the media BS.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Well, I am sure they can whip up some tungsten filled gold in short order.

But what is also interesting is France, which also "holds" German gold. Funny how with Germany asking for its gold that France invaded Mali (got nvolved in the fighting), a country with a large number of gold mines. Guess they need those mines to get gold they owe Germany.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Lets get our fact straight. It is only 52 billion dollars in gold they are taking from the US. They are also not taking it all and are doing it by 2020.

Most people here didn't even read the article. It isn't even a big deal.

Yes shall we... The article states "200 billion" not 50. It's quoted in the OP. And if you don't think its a big deal then you are simply asleep...

edit on 16-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Which a conservative estimate would be 95% of the population. When this breaks, most people won't have a clue what hit them.....there will also be a shock when the supermarkets are empty and the banks are closed.

Won't be me though, I hope I will have enough time to get the hell out of dodge.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

the quotes wrong, but the effect was the same. indoctrinating for military service is not individual gun ownership. germany had some of the toughest gun laws on the continent. sure, there was private ownership, for people in good standing with the Party. Which kinda excluded a certain unpopular minority religious group, political dissidents, and basically anyone who was AGAINST the Nazis and what they were doing. sorta UNDERMINES the whole point of private ownership if only establishment supporters are armed. kind of an INVERSE 2nd ad.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Technically wasn't it never US gold? It was kept safe for cold war matters.

I sort of find gold retarded to argue over as well. Most nations in the west don't use gold for anything valuable other than electronics. Worth is in reliability on paying back interest.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Sick is more like it...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

reply to post by tide88

Lets get our fact straight. It is only 52 billion dollars in gold they are taking from the US. They are also not taking it all and are doing it by 2020.

Most people here didn't even read the article. It isn't even a big deal.

Yes shall we... The article states "200 billion" not 50. It's quoted in the OP. And if you don't think its a big deal then you are simply asleep...

edit on 16-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

What are you talking about?

So, according to you this is another one of those events that is going to completely and irreversibly topple the U.S. economy, correct? LOOOOLLL!!!...

Ok, lets get one thing straight, we are on FIAT CURRENCY, we are no longer in the gold bug era, got it? The world economy (as I'm sure you've heard) is an interconnected web, possibly the most critical node of this web; the US economy.

The short and straight; the US goes down, EVERYTHING GOES DOWN.

Every single damn country, every damn dollar, yen, shilling, is vested in the US economic performance. There is almost nobody, save the poor, the destitute, and the morbidly curious, who is interested in pulling the whole thing apart by the seems. Its another M.A.D. type concept only on a global scale and more circle jerk than Mexican standoff.

What Germany is doing now is largely a public relations campaign, fueled by public anxiety over the Euro bail outs... I dont think there's much more to see here...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by votan

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by HenryNorris

It's official!

We suck!

Obama has really changed things.

It wasn't just obama.. it has been him and every administratrion before that has been leading us down this path.. both republican and democrat... stop drinking the koolaide of the left right paradigm

Really? How many trillions in 4 years now? I think he is responsible for a goodly portion of out of control spending.

I am not left nor right. How about YOU quit parrotting tired, used up isms and come up with some original thought? Since we are now thinking it is ok to tell people what to do...

edit on 16-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

You do not look at the whole picture. that is your problem. you think we got to a position where everything goes wrong simply because of one man. Before obama came around events were set in motion to get to the point where we are now. Bush did plenty to put us into debt and Obama has continued that.

Original thought?? pot calling the kettle black... how many people want to blame everything on the current administration without realizing that past administrations helped to get us to where we are today.

People still continue to blame the person in office for everything. This goes back till bush senior as far back as i can remember. You are the one parroting around the same junk everyone does, and I will keep counter parroting till it gets through your thick skull.

your welcome.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Gold ahhhh Gold, the beauty of it, the wealth someone has when he owns it. And the blindness we all have.

"Sir, I'll tell you what it looks like you are starving to death, so I'll give you a bushel of wheat for a bushel of gold."

It's all relative, lol

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sure if the dollar collapse the entire economic global system will go along with it.
Who wants gold when you need water and food to survive? Gold will be worthless as well.

Here is my only problem. What happens when you don't have the gold that people are asking for? They get mad. If you get pissing off several different countries. You have many enemies. Nuclear War?..
Well you never know.

At the moment, I can't do # but prepare myself and my family for what could be coming. Now if only I could build a super rocket nuke. Then you'd have some power...haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join