It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Takes Back Gold: US Dollar Collapsing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by HenryNorris

It's official!

We suck!

Obama has really changed things.

Haha.. He's good but he's not THAT good.. He had help from Biden, Bush, Cheney, Clinton, papa Bush, and many more... I'm a Ron Paul guy myself, but this has been a long time coming.. A long time planned it seems..

edit on 1/16/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Don't forget ALL of Congress...thanks for posting the obvious that head in sand Party thinkers cannot comprehend that it is more than they current Administration.

Thanks for posting the obvious attack the poster post!

P.S. I am not a Republican. Good try. Now, focus on the topic, not the poster, lest you make yourself look foolish!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by hawkiye

Uh-oh, this is not good, remember what happened the last time someone wanted their gold back? (China)

That´s right, prepare for a new 9-11 anytime soon guys, in order to shift focus somewhere else.

Nah, the bush family, cheney and rumsfeld aren't involved. If you can't see what a maggot that bloke was then there's not much hope.

But re the gold, it's about time the us was called on its currency. No country should have the right to write blank cheques and print more money to cover debt caused by the greed of millions of spoilt people.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

It's official!

We suck!

It wasn't just obama.. it has been him and every administratrion before that has been leading us down this path.. both republican and democrat... stop drinking the koolaide of the left right paradigm

Really? How many trillions in 4 years now? I think he is responsible for a goodly portion of out of control spending.

I am not left nor right. How about YOU quit parrotting tired, used up isms and come up with some original thought? Since we are now thinking it is ok to tell people what to do...

edit on 16-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by doobydoll
So, once it's apparent to Germany that America no longer has the gold to give back, what happens then? Do the bailiffs go in?

No, I guess is Germany's turn to ignore the international ban on her to have an army and weaponry. lol Then we can talk about FOURTH REICH!!! lmao
edit on 16-1-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

There is no current international ban on Germany having an army or weaponry. Where did you come up with such nonsense?

The Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces) has been in existence since Nov 1955 and is currently the 4th largest military in European Union. It is one of the most technologically advanced militaries in the world and has ~6000 troops currently serving outside of Germany, including in Afghanistan.

Try to deny ignorance, starting with yourself!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

i heard on tv that by printing a coin of great value, you can pay government debt.

so, with 2,000 dollars worth of gold, you strike a 200 billion $ coin, i think that is how the new financial system works,

since financial wealth is mostly "made up", how can it be touched by reality?

when looking at the alphabet of the financial system, imf, world bank, central bank, etc, one gets the picture of a huge scam?

that might be why it would be nice to see real gold, at least it's real.

we should be greatful for computers, if all these trillions were printed out of cotton and paper, there would be no trees and t-shirts left.

long live gold.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by Dustytoad

It's official!

We suck!

Haha.. He's good but he's not THAT good.. He had help from Biden, Bush, Cheney, Clinton, papa Bush, and many more... I'm a Ron Paul guy myself, but this has been a long time coming.. A long time planned it seems..

edit on 1/16/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Don't forget ALL of Congress...thanks for posting the obvious that head in sand Party thinkers cannot comprehend that it is more than they current Administration.

Thanks for posting the obvious attack the poster post!

P.S. I am not a Republican. Good try. Now, focus on the topic, not the poster, lest you make yourself look foolish!

I am sorry but to blame Obama instead of the American Congress and past administrations is the only thing that is foolish. We are in this mess because of YEARS of greedy politicians on both sides! The pins have been set in place long before they started knocking them down...

P.S. Tea Party = the same...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I cannot find the article however last year Germany requested to physically see their gold reserves and the request was denied by the US. Hmmmm interesting stuff.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It looks like the Germans are calling Amerika out on their toilet paper dollars.
High time someone did.
Look for a change up in the oil valuation from USD sooner rather than later.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

"People keep talking about the dollar collapsing, but in truth it is still the strongest currency out there. It really isnt even close"

Why is it then that people have stopped buying it then. In truth the American dollar is a made up currency backed by a idea, and once people don't believe that idea anymore, it's not worth much.

link   
Sorry to break the news to all you Germans, but we don't have any gold. We gave it all to the Annunaki in exchange for technology. Sorry 'bout y'alls luck! But you seriously didn't expect us to forgive all those billions in reconstruction did you? HaHa Silly Germans. Joke's on you.

link   
We dont even have the gold they want.. lol..

Unreal - I actually just tried to do "my part" by creating a shirt all you guys would apprecaite. www.abovecorruption.com...

Share with you friends if you guys dig it.

Thanks fellow ATSers

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It's official!

We suck!

Yes you do suck, but thanks to Obama things are still in play. It was those before and before that created this situation and who knows maybe somthing can be pulled off and the system will continue.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by erwalker
There is no current international ban on Germany having an army or weaponry. Where did you come up with such nonsense?

The Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces) has been in existence since Nov 1955 and is currently the 4th largest military in European Union. It is one of the most technologically advanced militaries in the world and has ~6000 troops currently serving outside of Germany, including in Afghanistan.

Try to deny ignorance, starting with yourself!

Incorrect.

Per the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany (English Version), signed on September 12, 1990:

The Government of the Federal Republic of Germany undertakes to reduce the personnel strength of the armed forces of the united Germany to 370,000 (ground, air and naval forces) within three to four years. This reduction will commence on the entry into force of the first CFE agreement. Within the scope of this overall ceiling no more than 345,000 will belong to the ground and air forces which, pursuant to the agreed mandate, alone are the subject to the Negotations on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe. The Federal Government regards its commitment to reduce ground and air forces as a signficant German contribution to the reduction of conventional armed forces in Europe. It assumes that in follow-on negotiations the other participants in the negotiations, too, will render their contribution to enhancing security and stability in Europe, including measures to limit personnel strengths.

Although there is no ban on a German military, there is definitely restrictions on its size and capabilities.

There is no official end date to this treaty.
edit on 16-1-2013 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
reply to post by tide88

"People keep talking about the dollar collapsing, but in truth it is still the strongest currency out there. It really isnt even close"

Why is it then that people have stopped buying it then. In truth the American dollar is a made up currency backed by a idea, and once people don't believe that idea anymore, it's not worth much.

I agree with this comment, seems closer to the truth. i also feel that forces within the usa and from outside are trying to bring down the system

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The German Gold Repatriation will have no affect on prices according to this article:

Debbie Carlson FOCUS: Bundesbank Gold Repatriation To Have No Market Impact; Will Happen Slowly

(Kitco News) - Germany’s Bundesbank announcement Wednesday to bring back some of its gold reserves stored outside its borders will have no market impact, gold analysts said.

The move won’t change views on whether gold allocation and possession is important. Those who believe it is important say the Bundesbank’s very actions are telling, while those who disagree point out that the Germans are still leaving half their gold away from home and that the move will be done over seven years.

By 2020, Frankfurt will hold 50% of its gold reserves, up from 37% currently. It will move all of its gold from Parisian vaults, which is 11% of its holdings. It will reduce its New York holdings to 37% from the current 45% and its London holdings will remain unchanged at 13%. In tonnage terms, the Bundesbank will transfer 374 metric tons from France and 300 tons from New York over the course of seven years. Their total reserves are 3,400 tons, the second-largest after the U.S.

The push to move the gold comes from government pressure to reverse a Cold War-plan that kept most of German’s gold far from the former Soviet empire. Commerzbank said last year there was a dispute about gold storage between the Bundesbank and the Bundesrechnungshof – the country’s Federal Court of Audit – the latter calling for a more precise examination.

When Bundesbank officials went to New York last year to see their reserves they were not allowed to see the gold. According to news reports, the Bundesbank said it does not need a bar count or check their gold content itself, considering written assurances from the other central banks enough.

In a press release, the Bundesbank said there were two reasons behind the move: “to build trust and confidence domestically, and the ability to exchange gold for foreign currencies at gold trading centers abroad within a short space of time.”

Also, they said they are closing up shop in Paris because both German and France use the euro so they are “no longer dependent on Paris as a financial centre in which to exchange gold for an international reserve currency should the need arise.”

No Market Impact

Several analysts said considering that the gold is simply moving from one vault to another means the gold will stay off the market.

“As far as I can see, I don’t see any reason why it should impact trade,” said Afshin Nabavi, head of trading at trading house MKS Finance in Geneva.

Carsten Fritsch, Commerzbank commodities analyst, said between the political pressure and that it’s been 20 years since the Cold War ended, the sentiment in Germany is that holding so much gold outside of German was no longer needed. He also said there would be no market impact since they’re not buying or selling. “I don’t think it’s that big a deal… it’s happening over seven years. There’s no rush.” Fritsch said.

Steve Scacalossi, vice president and director, global precious metals at TD Securities, also said that the metal is allocated, meaning it can’t be lent out so it will not affect gold lease rates. The allocated gold hasn’t been available in the local markets and it won’t affect physical premiums.

“The only thing it may do is add more attention to the recent petition for the U.S. government to make full disclosure of the gold holdings at Fort Knox - a request that is likely to be ignored,” he said.

A German group called Gold Action pushed for the repatriation of the country’s gold, and included at least one member of Germany’s parliament. Other signatories included well-known names that have pushed for repatriation, including the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee.

GATA claims the plan is “so incomplete and slow as to increase, not diminish, doubt that all gold is really available,” they said on their website.

Others did not see the slow pace as something nefarious and pointed out that the Bundesbank is still leaving half of its reserves outside its borders. According to a Reuters story, before German reunification in 1990, 98% of Germany’s gold was held elsewhere. In 2000, it transferred 931 tons from the Bank of England to home.

edit on 16-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: I tried to post as a link but it put up the whole article (ooops);

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Staged massacres!!!

Man your loopy

have you ever looked into that?

or are you just not mentally ready to take the red pill?

McVeigh @ OWS

remember, your ignorance is their strength.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So what does happen when it turns out they don't have the gold, will we hear anymore on this?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MusicMaker
So what does happen when it turns out they don't have the gold, will we hear anymore on this?

Thats when i start buying Hawaii and maybe a ski resort state for the winter with the dollars i have in my wallet because a warehouse full of US dollars wont be worth sh!t
Maybe i should submit a bid soon before someone else gets in before me >.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
LOL - The FED announced it will take seven years for the German's to get their gold.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I am not surprised in the least! If I were Germany I would'nt want the US holding any of my gold bullion either! I am willing to bet if they could, most countries would take all of the Gold from the federal reserve but as this would cause more problems for the global financial system, they will have to settle for what the feds are willing to allow of them! This reminds me of the run on the banks during the depression era! Will this be the beginning of the end for the world economy! Will this lead to a collapse of world currencies under the weight of debt, a lack of faith in fiat currencies, fractional reserve banking, accountability and ethics! If so why has it taken so long for this to occur? If not then when will we reach this cliff?
I feel we are all playing on the faith of each other. Waiting to see who will make the break for the door. Afraid that if we are first we may get trampled by the weight of the masses with fingers pointing towards us with accusing eyes, insinuating our paniced posture! This house of cards is ready to collapse! The only question is who will take the blame this time for causing the collapse under the weight of financial panic? Where will this lead to and will it usher into a NWO?
If so will this be through the Zeitguist movement and the Venus project? If so who will be the world leaders for this movement? It's obvious to me that these ideas are being groomed to bring us into a new century! Perhaps one where the individual may have no rights where the masses are concerned! The truth is If we let ourselves be led into this world it may become the most oppressive regime ever known in our history! Only through the democratic ideology will we live in a society free from oppression and slavery! Only by maintaining the right to persue happiness without suppressing other forms of life will we come out on the plateau of equality! Though I don't know how close or far we are to a collapse of this faith based economy though I do realize it's inevitable, has begun and can't be stopped! This is because a debt based economy requires infinate growth which is detrimental to a finite world, with only limited growth potential! This Pyramid scheme is at an end! Though this
does not mean we should panic and allow our fear of change to suppress our ability to overcome these conflicts! It's up to each of us to choose that path to the future and whether we choose a path of conflict and oppression or cooperation and equality, It will be ours to choose, ours to take and ours to live with after the fact! Be sure you choose wisely my friends!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join